• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Reign of Fire Version

Should D/P Pokemon be used in this hack?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Druyii

The Bringer of Hope
    Years
    wow, again, i still have limited access to the internet atm. Thanks Vrai for your hand in keeping a bit of order here. As Vrai said, there is currently no beta to test, but as soon as there is a beta, it will be announced properly. Also, Vrai, I have added you on MSN, and so can keep in contact with you better through that. Atm, I am snowed under with alot of GCSE work that I have to do, so Vrai shall be my deputy for when I'm not around. Vrai, if you need to check something with me, send me a message on MSN, and I'll get back to you asap. I agree with frosslas on the sprite, and also, like the world map idea aljam. Thanks for the support everybody.

I am working on composing a few more pieces for the game as well, so when I get a chance, they will be completed and posted as always ;)

Thanks again,

Druyii

Ps, what's with all the odd tags? I am slightly confused by some of them :S

Secondly, it looks as if dp pokemon wil be excluded, due to an internal desicion made by the team. Thanks for helping in the poll though

Last edited:

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    wow, again, i still have limited access to the internet atm. Thanks Vrai for your hand in keeping a bit of order here. As Vrai said, there is currently no beta to test, but as soon as there is a beta, it will be announced properly. Also, Vrai, I have added you on MSN, and so can keep in contact with you better through that. Atm, I am snowed under with alot of GCSE work that I have to do, so Vrai shall be my deputy for when I'm not around. Vrai, if you need to check something with me, send me a message on MSN, and I'll get back to you asap. I agree with frosslas on the sprite, and also, like the world map idea aljam. Thanks for the support everybody.

I am working on composing a few more pieces for the game as well, so when I get a chance, they will be completed and posted as always ;)

Thanks again,

Druyii

Ps, what's with all the odd tags? I am slightly confused by some of them :S

Secondly, it looks as if dp pokemon wil be excluded, due to an internal desicion made by the team. Thanks for helping in the poll though
    Um... By the looks of it, it seems as though actually people WANT DPPt Pokemon.

13 people say they want them; 11 people say no. Or am I reading that wrong?

I honestly don't care, though I really want my Pokemon to have moves from DPPt...

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Um... By the looks of it, it seems as though actually people WANT DPPt Pokemon.

13 people say they want them; 11 people say no. Or am I reading that wrong?

Uh, yeah, you read that wrong. xD

I honestly don't care, though I really want my Pokemon to have moves from DPPt...

I have to put in here, that including DPPt moves will be significantly more difficult than inserting DPPt Pokémon. You see, to include DPPt Pokémon, all you have to do is edit the sprites, the icon, and the stats/moveset. To include DPPt moves, you have to find/create the move animations, and put in those animations through UNLZ-gba. Then, we gotta go through and change the effects through an Attack-Editing program (I think Darthatron made one) and edit which Pokémon can learn the move, and so forth. To put it simply, probably not. Unless, of course, someone's willing to do it for us. ^^

I have to include this filler because I replied entirely inside that quote.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    OK, internal, internal ><'

Well, I did make the RSE moveset in case this happened, so... ><' Look, I found out I'm moving (which means I won't be able to help much) and I have a huge test tomorrow (which I won't study for whatsoever), so my mind's in a daze XD

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    OK, internal, internal ><'

Well, I did make the RSE moveset in case this happened, so... ><' Look, I found out I'm moving (which means I won't be able to help much) and I have a huge test tomorrow (which I won't study for whatsoever), so my mind's in a daze XD

Moving stinks. And try having three huge tests tomorrow; I already took four today.

And people, if you feel you've got an idea, please post! It'd be helpful. ^^

Druyii

The Bringer of Hope
    Years
    Yeah, the reason dp pokemon were removed is because of the amount of work it would take to integrate them into the game, and it isn't overly important

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    Years

sorry for beining late first ow of that trainer is finally finished.. still too small in my opinion

Druyii

The Bringer of Hope
    Years
    Thanks Frosslas. Right, an update to everything to be posted soon, and aljam, do you reckon you could get some screenies done? No talking ones though, cos we need the scripting done obvs. Ta

Druyii

The Bringer of Hope
    Years
    machomuu, as soon as i find my notebook with all my ideas in, the scripting orders will start rolling

Druyii

The Bringer of Hope
    Years
    Right, an update. I found my notebook, and so here lies my ideas. Please leave thoughts.

Firstly, the opening. As this is a FR hack, you can right this part on those pages at the start of the game, before you actually start playing the game scripters.

"After journeying for over 3 years in the Hoenn region, you decide to return home, to Kanto. You begin your journey home in Slateport City, where you get to travel on the S.S.Anne, the meaning of luxury sea travel.
    But the journey takes a dark twist, and a storm begins to rage while you are half the way through your journey, ending in the ship being ripped apart on rocks by the waves, causing it to capsise. You were the only survivor of the incident, and you wake up to find yourself washed up on a small beach, face to face with a poochyena, and it is then you find that you've lost all your pokemon in the shipwreck, and you faint.
    When you wake up, you find yourself face to face with a young professor, and this is how your journey begins here. Ahead of you are good times and tough ones, facing many new trainers and challenges as you step into the new world of Pentra, where many fights must be fought to help unciver one of the biggest conspiracies of all time, and you will find many twists and turns along your path, so go forth, and save this dying land.
    Druyii and the Reign of Fire Team..."

Secondly, teams. After much thought, here is my plans for the teams:-

Aqua (Water)
    Leader - Owzo
    Admin - Beth

Magma(Fire)
    Leader - Morgan/Morzan (undecided)
    Admin - Gale

Dŵran(Water+Titanium)
    Leader - Zanga
    Admin - Felicity

Furium(Fire+Titanium)
    Leader - Derek
    Admin - Helios

Rocket(Psychic)
    Leader - Giovanni
    Admin - Jesse and James

Thisdly, special characters:-

Hero - Geoff
    Heroin - Helen
    Hooded Figure(for important parts of the game) - Vrai
    Guradian 1 - Cierra the "Crimson Witch"
    Guradian 2 - (need name)
    Guradian 3 - (need name)
    Guradian 4 - (need name)
    Shipwreck Survivor - Aljam
    Key Keeper(for unlocking the legendaries) - (need name)

Number 4 is the new key items:-

The Cloner (key items):-
    This item allows you to clone any item you have (other than key items). The catch? It takes a certain amount of steps before you can clone an item, and different items require more steps than others. You get given this during the game if you talk to the right people.

The Raft (key items):-
    This allows you to float down rappids. You recieve it from the Oakridge Logging House during the stroyline.

Last of all is any organisation in the game:-

The Company (sorry any Heroes fans):-
    Provides interesting new items throughout the story.

Gym Leaders, without them, how would you prove your worth in this new world? They are as follows:-

Gym 1:-(need name)
    Gym 2:-(need name)
    Gym 3:-(need name)
    Gym 4:-Flamen (fire gym)
    Gym 5:-(need name)
    Gym 6:-(need name)
    Gym 7:-(need name)
    Gym 8:-Josh (ice gym)

So there you have it, all my latest updates for the game, so any thoughts/queries, post them here, but also, could the scripters write the opening in the game please, and could the spriters please make some new chracters based on those posted above, such as workers from The Company and the Leaders, Admins and Grunts from the new teams. Thanks,

Druyii

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Haha, I'm the "Hooded Figure"!

It seems to fit me. ^^

Druyii

The Bringer of Hope
    Years
    Yup, but you get revealed as a person without the hood near the end of the storyline ;)

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    I like it ^^

Actually, I have an idea for one of the Guardians XD Featuring a sprite I recolored from Pokecharms:

Her name is Cierra, by the way ><' If you give the Guardians titles, then "Crimson Witch" would fit her perfectly. But that's just my idea.

Yup, Gale's admin. Yay~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back