• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon ResearcHers

Status
Not open for further replies.

GVG

Years
    Intro:

"Listen to me all, this is Professor Oak speaking. Now, we are aware of the fact that very little is known about pokemon and their habits. However, even less is the knowledge that covers the different species of pokemon. How many of them are out there, we cannot tell. Every day amazing discoveries are made that shatter our previous theories about pokemon. Some of you, I presume, are little interested in becoming researchers of pokemon and that is why I won't bother you with details. For those of you, who are keen on research though, I have some good news - so little is known about the world of pokemon and there are so many secrets to be revealed, that it's never too late to start off your own journey as a pokemon researcher. The frontier of our research now is the study of the behaviour of pokemon - how they dwell at their habitats, how they react to certain stimuli, and most of all - how they interact with us, humans. It's not an easy task to do this kind of job when we are dealing with "domestic" types of pokemon, let alone the unique legendaries. We know basically nothing about them, and that is why I would ask you, the future generation, to help us with this important task. If we know our surroundings better, we would be able to learn a lot of things about ourselves as well."

This is where you come in. You all are enthusiasts who are keen on research. Some of you may be trainers as well, but we'll discuss that later on. As professor Oak says, it will be up to the person, which pokemon they will choose and study, but one thing is for sure - to become famous (and rich) you'll need a big discovery. That is mainly why a lot of people who are somewhat familiar with pokemon set off on a journey to find out something about a Legendary pokemon. You are among the many who have set off to search Mew. (The above statement is subject to change because some may set off to look for another legendary, but I'll change that in the course of the RPG). It is only a matter of chance if they will find it or not, but one thing is for certain - they will all learn a lot about themselves.

Here is a sample form of the details you need to provide to sign up for the expedition:

Name:
    Occupation: - this refers to what your level of knowledge about pokemon is (it's similar to the present day titles - none, student, graduate, teacher, professor, etc)
    Appearance: - hope you all know what that is
    Personality: this is optional since we'll know a lot about you as the RPG develops
    Pokemon: - that refers not only to the trainers, but to the ordinary researchers as well. Everybody is allowed up to 6 pokemon, which are not necessarily used in battles. Some of them can be simply pokemon, which you find indispensable for the purpose.
    Purpose: Everyone has to have some kind of purpose for setting off on a journey that may turn out a dangerous type of experience.
    Pokemon that you look for: - this is the difficult part because I don't want people running around looking for all the legends possible. I'll limit them to about three (even three is too many) because as you'll see later on, it will be difficult for those playing the legends to cope with that.
    It is not obligatory to be a legend - you can just pick a pokemon and study its behaviour (don't forget though that the pokemon that you're looking for or studying has to be an actual person that is playing the role of the pokemon in the RP)
    Background: - that's also an optional field that you don't have to fill in. If you're going to avoid talking about your past in the RP, then it's better to fill that in.

That's about it. Even number of people are needed to start. I don't know if this is going to be any kind of success, but I hope it appeals to you. If you're in the mood just sign in and choose to be a human, or a pokemon. Choosing to be a pokemon means that you wouldn't need to fill in anything because you're the object of research. That's all - hope you enjoy it. By the way I reserve the right to remove players from the RP if I decide that they are stopping the progress of the RP in any way. *fingers crossed* waits for people to join* I am going to play Mew.

Years
    Name:Jason

Appearance: - Spiky blond hair and brown eyes.Navy blue shorts over tight black pants.a black shirt.

Personality: My personality is always different from what I put anyway.

Pokemon: - Umbreon,Raichu,Quilava,and Zigzagoon.(Zig here is just the indespensible one. :D )

Purpose: Jason wanted to learn more about pokemon and his past which he can't remember.he collected enough information which led him to the wilds.he had to become an apprentice of study or his whole goal would be jeoprodized.

Pokemon that you look for: - Mew.(you're making it hard GVG. :D )

Background: - that's also an optional field that you don't have to fill in. If you're going to avoid talking about your past in the RP, then it's better to fill that in.

Wolf_Goddess

The pen is mightier...
    Years
    Name: Sam
    Appearance: - A petite girl with long hair, a hat (Like the Fire Red's female character) a pink top and a mini skirt.
    Personality: Very entuastic. Loves to battle and loves looking for new Pokemon.
    Pokemon: - Flygon(her best bud), Espeon, Umbreon, and...Skitty? (This Pokemon isn't truly captured, it just follows her.)
    Purpose: For fun. She's a daredevil and never backs down, So of course its for fun!
    Pokemon that you look for: Suicune
    Background: - A famous trainer and acrobat. She use to preform tricks on her Flygon. Now, she just wants to be a researcher.

Years
    I think you can play suicune danielthmaniel.it would probabaly be alot easier and easier to understand.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    Name:Chris
    Appearance: - Tall, Black hair, wears two black arm bands, two silver eyes, A soul Dew Gem on him arround his neck,Black T-shirt, Red Sneaker and a pair of Red Sunglasses and a pair of regular ones
    Personality: Smart, nice, warm, caring, and friendly
    Pokemon: - Blastoise(Gary), Swampert(Jerry), Houndoom(Jumpy),Swellow(Jimmy),Lickitung(Nami),and Umbreon(Kaze)
    Pokemon that you look for: - Latios
    Background: - Chris is the son of the expert on legendary pokemon, Professor Maple. His dream one day is to studyor capture the Latios that gave him the Soul Dew gem when he was five when the Latios saved him from drownong. When he was five he fell off of his Father's boat and latios saved him. Latios then gave him the gem. When ever he is in trouble, it will glow and he is mystically saved somehow. He never takes off the Gem from his neck.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2005
    Name: Shaz3d
    Appearance: -just like naruto
    Pokemon: - Blazeiken
    Purpose: to win money as my sister is blind...(sounds alot like something...)
    Pokemon that you look for: - all (is that okay???)

GVG

Years
    ooc: ok, people, that's about it although akio123, you'll somehow have to find a person to play Latios. That's not a big problem though, it's fine anyhow.

IC: The fine mist covering the floor of the dense rainforest was beginning to drift away. The beautiful morning sun was just appearing on the horizon and the soft light was gently caressing the sleeping nature. Bird pokemon were starting to wake and to announce the breaking day with cheerful songs. Slowly but steadily the rainforest was shaking off the shades of the night and was beginning to fill with life.
    It was mainly inhabited by pokemon, and around the edges there were villages that remained from ancient civilizations. There were debris that were left behind deep within the forest when humanity was at its dawn. Nobody knew what kind of people lived there thousands of years ago, or what had happened to them. That is why a lot of scientific expeditions were launched in some ten years and all of them aimed to find out more about the unknown culture of the remains. Instead of that, all of the explorers were coming back empty handed. They did not have the persistance or maybe the courage to make their way so deep into the forest. Failure after failure followed and nobody managed to reach the ruins. The fact of so many failed expeditions, combined with the superstitious beliefs of the locals created legends about the forest - dark stories filled with magic and ancient beliefs. That always seemed to be a barrier for the expeditions that followed, but the locals didn't really take that into account. Generation after generation, the story about the most powerful pokemon of all was told by the fire, and they knew it was there, inside the gloaming of the forest.
    Once one of them went deeper into the forest than was needed and a strange fear overwhelmed him telling his whole being that this was not the place to be. A strange, disturbing sensation that he was being watched accompanied him constantly, which made him turn back. He then told the tribe amazing stories, but the one that seemed particularly interesting was that when he hesitated, and turned back, he heard shortly afterwards the distant echo of a soft voice, almost human, calling the word "Mew!". Nobody believed him of course. Why should they? They had far more important things to do than listen to what somebody's wild imagination created. Since then, nobody mentioned that again, but each of them had that in mind and they never went deeper into the forest than was needed.
    For them, as for all pokemon dwelling among the venerable trees, a new day was beginning. One of the creatures that shared that habitat was just waking up. It shook off the dew from its soft fur, and goggled innocently at the sunlight. "Mew!" it exclaimed at the extraordinary sight and shot itself vertically towards the rooftop of the forest.

Wolf_Goddess

The pen is mightier...
    Years
    The sheets outlined her body as the young girl slept, a sixteen year old. Three Pokeballs rested upon a table, and a small Skitty rested by the foot of the bed. The siloughette(SP?) of the body shuddered, and she gets up. The first thing Sam does, is place a hat on her head, making sre it was firm. She then strips out of her PJs and puts on a pink top, a miniskirt, and ties it with a bilt full of gear. She grabs the Pokeballs and places them on the belt, the Skitty getting up with a small yawn and mrrrow And leaps onto her shoulder.
    Sam smiles, rubbing the Pokemon's head and listening to her purr. She then has a quick bite, and grabs her bag. She thn rshes out of the door.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back