• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Resolute Version (Version 2.93 Released)

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    i wanna ask some questions
    1- is there special/physical split ?

2- is there a new "added" moves in this hack ? (like scizor uses "X scissor")

3- and finally ... the story of this game .. does it 100% done ? ... or not yet ?

1. Yes special/physical split

2. No there is no X scissor but there are some new moves like moon blast, fairy wind

3. Yes major part of hack complete almost 100%

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2016
    I have just about got to Johto and have to say that, on the whole, this is an excellent Hack. However there are a couple of ways it could be even better. There is a huge imbalance between the Sylon Region and Tyron. To get through Sylon you have to spend hours grinding to keep up with level spikes, so much so that by the time you get past the elite 4 you pokes are up in the nineties. As you are always told which pokemon your foe is about to use you can switch in s suitable counter, meaning that you can always beat teams ten or more levels higher than you. Consequently the Tyro region was no challenge at all in terms of battling. I don't know if it's possible but the battling would be better if it was more like 'real' battling ie not informed of the incoming pokemon and no access to medi bag. That way the difficulty can be increased without having to level spike so much

b58

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2019
    hey.. i have small doubt..
    how do i battle the leader of bronze port? how should i go to reach him in the gym? i have finished the event there(finding samir and battling elijah ) please help

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    Diancie won't appear in Crystal Chamber. What am I supposed to do?

Use Dig to the wall in the end of the cave, and check out the rock in the depth of the cave. It will appear.

A lot of gen 3 hacks with newer pokemon don't bother making new moves or editing existing moves to make the new pokemon's moveset closer to the official movesets. That's why I was asking.

Oh yeah, and this might've been reported and corrected in the latest version (haven't checked on either counts), but the vending machine in the town where you're given the drinking card let me get drinks from it before I got the card. I considered it a happy accident and loaded up on Lemonades immediately :silly:

Sorry, as I didn't find the error about Vending Machines, I didn't fix it. I may fix it when I have time.

is larvitar catchable in the main story?

Yes, you can find some in Carmine Ruins.

Hey 1158, are u fixed the Poliwhirl evolution into Politoed?

It evolves ti Politoed by Moon Stone.

is the updated version on coolrom.com?

I'm not sure, because it was not me to uploaded it to coolrom.com. So that version may not be the newest.

So, I've been playing this hack for a bit - I have two badges now.

I have quite a few complaints - I'm aware that some may have been addressed already, but I'm not digging through 64 pages:

Spelling, syntax, and grammar issues galore have probably been addressed already.

Not being able to pick your starter is a terrible idea.

Level 18 Scrafty, on a random, non-boss trainer? Really?

You've implemented Fairy-type moves, but Togepi is still Normal, and Togetic is still Normal/Flying.

Why does Croagunk only know Astonish until level 31?

Why does ???'s level 13 Abra have Psybeam?

Level 10 Elekid with Thunderpunch. Totally not overpowered, nope.

A level 17 Swellow with DOUBLE TEAM is the first gym leader's ace. Really?

Bergmite's name is spelled wrong, and its sprite is horrendous. Fletchling's sprite is also pretty shoddy.

As a Nuzlocker, the inability to nickname my starter or the gift Oshawott really sucks.

Togetic gets Moonblast at level 21. Totally not OP, nope.

Sharon's portrait is horrible.

And finally:

Why on earth would you skew the game in favor of the male protagonist?

The male protagonist gets a Riolu for his starter, which, once it is a Lucario, can Mega-Evolve, on top of getting better moves for the most part. Certainly an improvement over Mienfoo/Mienshao.

The grammar is horrible, I know it, as for the starter, I did something new to my newest hack in which you can choose your starter in 5 kinds of Pokemon. About those problems about Pokemon, moves and so on, I must say sorry, as this hack is a gen 3 hack, those Pokemon from gen 4- gen 6 are "added" to the hack, so the movepool may go wrong sometimes. And as the 6th gen Pokemon don't have their offical sprites, I must draw majority of them by myself, that's why some of them don't have good sprites, and you may don't know, Mienshao is very powerful in this hack, it has 140 base attack and 135 base speed, it sometimes has the ability Speed Boost which makes it always be quicker than other Pokemon, so I don't think I kept the balance of the starters.

Please take out the pure village music. That lavender town syndrome nostalgia kills me.

I don't know what should I do about this, because I don't know which music should I use to replace this one.

I have just about got to Johto and have to say that, on the whole, this is an excellent Hack. However there are a couple of ways it could be even better. There is a huge imbalance between the Sylon Region and Tyron. To get through Sylon you have to spend hours grinding to keep up with level spikes, so much so that by the time you get past the elite 4 you pokes are up in the nineties. As you are always told which pokemon your foe is about to use you can switch in s suitable counter, meaning that you can always beat teams ten or more levels higher than you. Consequently the Tyro region was no challenge at all in terms of battling. I don't know if it's possible but the battling would be better if it was more like 'real' battling ie not informed of the incoming pokemon and no access to medi bag. That way the difficulty can be increased without having to level spike so much

Thanks for your suggestions, but I just want players to be able to train new Pokemon in new regions as the difficulty of the first region doesn't allow players to do so at the beginning. Whatever, thanks for your suggestions, I may do something about the difficulty of Tyron League if I have enough time, thanks.

hey.. i have small doubt..
    how do i battle the leader of bronze port? how should i go to reach him in the gym? i have finished the event there(finding samir and battling elijah ) please help

After battled with your rivals, just go back to the gym, the leaders are waiting for you there.

b58

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2019
    no... there are no trainer... the gym is as it as when i went to find samir...
    please help me..

b58

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2019
    no... the gym is as it is when i went to find samir.... no leader is in d gym...
    please help me...

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2016
    How about a plot line that 'resets' the levels. You could have your pokemon quarantined after finishing a region, or the bad guys could infiltrate your pc and steal your Sylon pokemon so that you have to train up a new team with a new starter to track down and win back your original pokemon. Would be kind of cool in the final confrontation the bad guy boss used the pokemon he stole from you against you, so that in order to win back your own pokemon, you have to defeat them in battle!

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2016
    I'd love an Evee as a starter. You could have a shop selling evolution stones in the second town thus giving range of starters.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    Can you make the new version update an .ips file? It's the only way I can patch the game.

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    Excellent hacks I must say but need some help now, im doing mission 3 and for the life of me can not find the last needed green shark, got 3 yellows, 3 greens and 2 reds, mustve spend an hr looking in all caves, including the abandoned mine, plz help.

MachoPony

Resident Brony
    Years
  • Pretty major bug
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    no... the gym is as it is when i went to find samir.... no leader is in d gym...
    please help me...

You must defeat Samir, after this, battle with both of your rivals, then the gym leaders will come to you and told you they're going back to the gym. Then go back to challenge the gym leader.

How about a plot line that 'resets' the levels. You could have your pokemon quarantined after finishing a region, or the bad guys could infiltrate your pc and steal your Sylon pokemon so that you have to train up a new team with a new starter to track down and win back your original pokemon. Would be kind of cool in the final confrontation the bad guy boss used the pokemon he stole from you against you, so that in order to win back your own pokemon, you have to defeat them in battle!

It is possible to make script to reset the level of your Pokemon or just remove the Pokemon of your team, but it is almost impossible for me to make sure you can't take back your Pokemon from PC because I don't know what to do to hide the Pokemon in the PC boxes. So it's not easy to do that.

How do I check the happiness of my eevee ?

Sorry, I forgot to put the happiness checker in Sylon, he is in the road to Tyron League, so it will spend so much time for you to reach there, sorry for this. But I'm sure that using Potions can increase the happiness value of it.

I'd love an Evee as a starter. You could have a shop selling evolution stones in the second town thus giving range of starters.

Yes, Eevee is a great starter for a hack, but it seems that so many hacks(Even Pokemon Conquest, the official game of Gamefreak/Koei) did so, that's why I didn't choose Eevee as the starter.

Can you make the new version update an .ips file? It's the only way I can patch the game.

Sorry, I wanted to do so but I expanded the size of the rom so I can't make the .ips file for it.

Excellent hacks I must say but need some help now, im doing mission 3 and for the life of me can not find the last needed green shark, got 3 yellows, 3 greens and 2 reds, mustve spend an hr looking in all caves, including the abandoned mine, plz help.

Try to catch some Trapinch if you still can't find the last Green Shard, sometimes Trapinch takes with a Green Shard.

Pretty major bug
    Spoiler:

Thanks a lot for reporting, now I've fixed it in Version 1.13.

Version 1.13 released for fixing the "glitched" Florges.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2015
    the usual luna ips doesnt work or this as this is appernetly an "ups" file, how do i aplly the hack?

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    I'm sorry if this has been asked before but can someone tell me how Riolu evolves? It would be kind of odd to make it the only starter but not give a reliable way to evolve it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    I'm sorry if this has been asked before but can someone tell me how Riolu evolves? It would be kind of odd to make it the only starter but not give a reliable way to evolve it.

Riolu evolves into Lucario at level 44.

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2016
    Erm hi! I'm new here and i've been playing rom hacks for a while. i've just started pokemon resolute but i realised that honedge can be hit by tackle. Are ghosts affected by normal attacks in this game? thanks!

Back