• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Resurrection Redone

Ryz

Years
  • Intro:
    So quite a few months ago I made Pokemon Resurrection. Due to me running out of time it fell through the drain. Which is a good thing.
    It was rushed with little to no attention to story or quality.
    I aim to fix it in a completely redone version.
    Right from the beginning it references what is to happen.
    I drew inspiration from all sorts of different fan games.
    The version is rebuilt from the ground up. Except the first town. I remade it, then lost it. The old town was pretty good.
    There is very little done. So no release yet.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Story:
    You start off in an abandoned house with no memory of how you got there. You hear a voice telling you of your grand destiny and to do what he says.
    The new region, Asturin, was destroyed shortly after its founding several thousand years ago by a horrific battle between Primal Kyogre and Groudon.
    It laid there for thousands of years but nothing than a region of ruins.
    However, about three hundred years before the setting of the game people from all over the world flocked there to rebuild.
    They found still living ancient Pokemon such as Kabuto and Omanyte.
    About 250 years later, the region is rebuilding fine and people are getting along fine with the ancient Pokemon.
    250 years of peaceful living... they didn't think they needed a police force.
    After 250 years of rebuilding an evil organization that no one knows the name of began poaching these Pokemon.
    50 years later from that point is where your story begins. By this time theres less than 300 left in the wild.
    Your job is to stop this organization and save all the Pokemon and let them repopulate.
    Who is this mysterious organization and what their goals are is anyones guess.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    The features I've implemented so far are:
    Walking with Pokemon.
    All 721 Pokemon.
    10 starters.
    No custom sprites. Sorry. I might make custom overworlds as I'm decent doing those. But not ones that have battlers. I tried and tried but it just didn't look good. I'm gonna attempt this one last time. For NPCs.
    Added an autorun feature. Removed temporarily. I didn't like how it was handled. Apparently the newest essentials version has it built in. Had no idea. Its under options.
    Added the first mystery gift evemt.
    Note about the mystery gift event. Don't do it right away. Its in the first town, you have access to it after you get your Pokemon, but there's a level 20 Legendary there. Not releasing which one. Wait and see. But that last screenie might give it away. Also, I suggest interacting with the bookshelves. Start from left to right. It contains lore about the region and a story about a Pokemon in a far off region.
    Check the desks too. They contain info about someone who lived there.
    Multiple save files. I figured it out.
    Screenshots:

Spoiler:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Things I want to add:
    Mega evolutions. This is high priority, but I really don't want animated sprites and I don't know where to find the 2d ones. I'll keep looking.
    Custom mega evolutions. This probably won't happen for a while. I know how to add them. Just not how to sprite them.
    Autorun system. Added! Added it back. Rather I suppose Maruno did. I assume he added it. *shrug* its under options.
    Multiple save files.(this won't happen for a while. I'm no good at making custom scripts and I can't find one I really like) Added!
    I probably gonna add a seperate map with the starters walking around. Give it a little more detail. Added!
    Secret areas.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A few final notes:
    If anyone wants to help on spriting it'd be greatly appreciated.
    Also, if anyone has some knowledge in scripting and wants to help make the game unique I'm all for that.
    Finally, the story isn't written out yet. So if anyone has any ideas to add to it, PM me and we can talk about it. Don't wanna start this up on the thread.
    Before I release it I wanna have at least 3+ hours gameplay and 4 badges. Hopefully I can add enough content.
    I'm gonna take my time. So don't ask for a release date since I don't even know.
    If you saw my first version and compared it just to the first town, the difference would be astonishing.

Credits:
    Spoiler:

Progress Report:
    Spoiler:

A few things I have planned in the deep future:
    After the E4 there will be a series of 6 islands, 7 for a championship, these islands are meant to be very hard. You keep your original Pokemon. The 6 gym leaders will have near perfect EV/IVs. Once you beat all 6, you go to another island where there's a championship. I'm making it like the anime ones. There's a 4 bracket tournament. If you lose just start again. However, don't just think I'll lose once then try again, all the Pokemon are randomized.
    The champ has two legendaries. With near perfect EV/IV. They are randomized as well. It won't be super hard legendaries like Mega Rayquaza or something.

Also, you have to fight both Primal Kyogre and Groudon at once towards the end of the main story. You can't catch them in battle. After you beat them Groudon will retreat into the ocean while Kyogre, basically acknowledges you beat it and a dialouge pops up asking if you want to take it with you. He comes with the Blue Orb.

Groudon is handled different though. You need to find the Red Orb before you can catch him.
    If you've ever played Ocarina of Time and gotten the Biggoron Sword, it'll be a quest similar to that. A lot of going to see people and bringing things to people.

The gym leaders past 4 will also be harder, for one they'll have heighented EVs/IVs and maybe a mega. Haven't decided. The first three leaders are Bug, a gym with Fossil Pokemon only, then fire. No idea for the fourth.
    After the fourth gym is when the demo will be out.

Last edited:

Ryz

Years
  • Well... thats what I get for never checking this section. Had no idea it has been approved. I thought there was a notification thing.
    Regardless... a lot has been done since then. I finished the first town 100%
    I added a seperate map for getting starters. they wander around.

Added the first mystery gift event. It turned out nicely. The house for the event is broken up into three maps. Check main post.

I made the first route, will touch it up later today. First secret area is done too.

I'll edit the main post with everything I've done..

I did forget somethings in the main post. So I'll edit that!

Edit: I'm taking most of the day off.. I've been working on this nonstop for the past week. I need a break. I might work on it later tonight.

Edit 2: Before my break, I'm releasing another image of the event. I'm sure you can figure out the Pokemon on this one.
    Pokemon Resurrection Redone

Edit 3: I'm gonna do some minor things. I gotta figure out what the problem with the Pokemon overworlds... essentially they look like they're dragging. Looks bad.
    Well I don't get it but starting a new game fixed the bug. Weird.

Edit 4: Gonna start Negix Town. Which is the second town. Has a bugtype gym leader. Name is Squitus. I probably won't get very far. Also, to make it slightly easier, there will be a house where one person has an Eevee and the other has a Firestone, Thunderstone, or a Waterstone. You get to choose one of them. Eeevee will be level 8.
    Also, talk to everyone you see. Some people might have some goodies.

Last edited:

Ryz

Years
  • Ooooh... what could this mysterious statue be all about?

Weird huh?

I mapped the second town as well as made the next part in the story. You meet someone from Ancient Asturin. Still alive too. How could someone survive thousands of years? Guess you'll have to find out.

Also. Its 1:15 AM. I'm calling it a night. I'm going out of town for a few days on the 5th. So I won't be able to update any.

Ryz

Years
  • Ok. I'm officially working on this again. Lack of time made it fall into the drain.
    Still. I do have some info.
    Since the last update, the second town is 100% done as well as the first gym. First gym is a bug type. Leader has a Beedrill that knows X-Scissor so be careful.

Also, I have good plans for after E4. I'll update the main post with that.
    I'm currently working on a forest that connects the second and third towns.

Anyway, I made Emilia's sprite. As well as Crix, an admin of Team Resurrection you face in the third town.

I don't know if I said this already, but the third town is called Città di Fossili. Its Italian for City of Fossils. The town is a fossil themed city. Will probably add some rocks and maybe some ruins around. It's more of a town... but still... there is a big city I have planned.
    I did it mainly because I'm half Italian, Emilia is also an Italian name.

Here's Crix

Not the best. Will probably edit him later.

And Emilia. She's the second gym leader,

I seem to work harder on my Gym Leaders. It took me like 45 mins to be satisfied with her.

Crix has this theatrical personality. He's really high strung. He's not as evil as the rest of the Admin's though.
    Chance, another admin, has Reshiram. And he's not afraid to use it. He's like the co-leader of Team Resurrection.
    He'd kill a million Pokemon to get what he wants. Pretty cruel.
    Team Resurrection is the enemy team.

You'll have a chance to catch Reshiram so don't worry. I'll probably put it on the islands maybe? Haven't decided.
    The story isn't 100% done. I will tell you something, that you probably should have known if you read the main post, you have to battle Primal Kyogre AND Groudon.

Still.. I have a slight problem with that.... I kinda need those sprites... and since that resource I got the others from doesn't have those... I'm kinda in a bind. But I figure I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

I'm probably taking today off. I seriously need a break, yesterday, I spent 8 hours resizing sprites. So yeah. I need a break. I'll probably update more tonight.

Last edited:

Ryz

Years
  • I'm once again working on this. Once again my life got pretty busy.

I do have some new updates though.

I know I said I finished the second town, but there were some bugs that have been fixed.
    I fixed the following Pokemon bug.
    I finished mapping Fossil Forest, the forest that connects the second and third towns.
    Added a secret area to Fossil Forest. You have to interact with something invisible to get there. Its behind a tree line.

I did uncover a peculiar bug in the following Pokemon.

That's about it.

The first gym is hard. Like really really hard. Don't underestimate him, I can't even beat him in my tests. Have tried like 8 times. His Beedrill is tough. His Weedle and Kakuna shouldn't be a problem though.

Back