• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Review #239: The Plug

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Alright, howdy folks, and welcome to the first ever entry into the Pokemon Review column. Quick run of how things will work, I'm going to use a random number generator to select a number, and the Pokemon whose number correlates with the number drawn will be the star of the show. Any evolutions will be briefly touched on. And what I cover will be a variety of things, not just battle related stuff. Cause I am not a battler. So here we go!

Alright, so who get's the privilege of being our first victim? The title's meant to be a hint, mind you. I don't know about you guys, but I feel like this Pokemon would be a very nice substitute for my charger. Cause I can never find a damn charger for my laptop when there's only 2% of battery left.

Introducing *drumroll*
    Spoiler:
    Yerp

Today, our focus shall be on the "Electric" Pokémon Elekid. The pre-evolution of Electabuzz, Elekid is, well... okay. Not amazing, but not Magikarp. Having been brought into creation during Generation 2 (that's four generations ago!) Elekid grew to be known as simply another baby. Literally. If I remember right, Johto was filled with runts like Pichu, Elekid, that little cute water ball whose name I don't remember. That's not to say Elekid's a terrible Pokemon. Personally, when Electivire was created in Gen 5, Elekid truly served a purpose. But before that, Elekid was just a mediocre Pokemon who you wanted to plug into an outlet.

Elekid's shiny sprite's a disappointment. Shocking huh? Oof, there goes that punchline. But Shiny Elekid's simply a lighter yellow. Nothing special. I don't remember but did Electivire have a badass shiny sprite? Someone remind me. Anyhow, something I found sort of interesting is the gender ratio of Elekid. 75% of them are male. Talk about domination. But then again, it kinda makes sense. I mean… look at Elekid. Too see that, and then think one of them is a girl. Kinda scary. Brr.

Ability wise, Elekid's doing okay. Static's a fair ability to have, not bad, but not brilliant. Its hidden ability, Vital Spirit, is a tad step down on the totem pole, in my opinion. I'd rather be giving the pain then avoiding it.

Design wise, I've already mocked Elekid for looking like a plug. The thing also looks really creepy, to be totally honest. For a baby, anyway. It's got a weird cute factor to it, though, I must admit. Not as cute as this Elekid though:

Warning: huge picture which I'm too lazy to fix
    Spoiler:

And there you have it. Feel free to leave your responses below, I'll need them to make this thing better.

And I'm aware this review was pretty bad. I had a fight with a friend yesterday. Personal business which I made worse blah. Thanks for reading though <3

Back