• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: RionnQuest

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
Years
  • Hey guys, I'm pretty much not that new around here but I am new to actually hacking the game myself.

Ignore my username as I was stupid for picking it when I'm not clearly a SuperHacker, you can all call me Andy.

Anyways, here's my hack idea and progress:

Pokemon: RionnQuest

Hack of: FireRed

.:Quest:.
    Basically, like any other Pokemon game you play.
    You want to become a great trainer, face gyms, fight the league, etc.
    Except, you're at home alone.
    Your father went missing on his journey home to you hometown, MT. RIO.
    He's been missing over a week so you've taken it upon yourself to go on your own journey through the region of RIONN and in the process, try to find him.
    Your friend is also going on his own journey.
    Luckily for you both, the proffessor is back from her holidays and is awaiting your arrival in the next town.

.:Features:.
    Normal Quest
    Finding your father
    A New Challenge of some sort
    Catch all 386 Pokemon from the Advance Genre of the games
    Pokemon such as Golem will now be obtainable by levelling up, etc.
    All Trainer Tips Signs have been replaced with Interesting Info Signs that give you an insight into people, places, etc of the Region.

.:Screenshots:.

.:Hacking Team:.
    Myself
    Space for a Good Scripter(Found someone, just awaiting their reply)
    Overworld Spriters(Hero/Heroine/Rival/Gym Leaders/Elite Four/Special Characters I maye come up with for the story)
    Art Spriters(The ones for the Hero/Heroine/Rival during the intro and in battle(Front and Back)(Gym Leaders and ELITE FOUR too)
    Anyone with some good ideas that they post and I implement will get credit as will anyone from The Positions above and from Beta Testing and Final Testing.
    *Beta Testers not yet needed*

.:Progress:.
    Hometown: MT. RIO - Completed
    1st Route: LEGENDS PATH - Almost Complete
    2nd Town: PEBBLETON VILLAGE - Almost Complete
    Anything after this is not yet complete...

I'm in great need of a good scripter as it is the one thing I cannot yet grasp, even with all the tools and tutorials at my disposal.
    So if anyone is generous enough(and reasonably skilled enough) to help me with a lot of my scripting needs, please feel free to ask in a post.

As for the hack, I have no rough dates on when the first Alpha, Beta, etc will be out and no real ideal date for the Final Release as I always seem to change certain things.

All help that people offer is greatly appreciated, as is comments and criticism.

~Andy​

Last edited:

jcys810

Call me Justin, J or Impulse
    Years
  • Yo Andy!

Didn't expect you to say Kod is in Estonia! XD

That made me lol the first time, oh yeah, you really ought to get fixing the spelling error in the eleventh screenshot.

Edit
    Oh and Andy, there's a name change thread in Community Questions and Feedback I think.

Can't link because I lack 15 posts >.<

Last edited:

Andrew McKenzie

Years
  • I shall take advantage of that there thread.
    Thanks dude!

And I'll get to it soon, I'm working on the next route as we speak and I actually think I might be able to handle the scripts myself.

I'm learning...slowly!
    And it's a horrid process but it'll do me good in the end.

Pellio

Dragonair :D
    Years
  • I think the name of your hack sounds too much like another hack called Rijon Adventures. (Well assuming its pronounced "Ree-yhon" rather than "Ree-john" (in which case you'll be ok : P)

Andrew McKenzie

Years
  • Looks excellent so far! :D I like the layout of the towns.
    Thanks dude.

I think the name of your hack sounds too much like another hack called Rijon Adventures. (Well assuming its pronounced "Ree-yhon" rather than "Ree-john" (in which case you'll be ok : P)
    It's pronounced: Ree-On
    I know the name is close to Coolboyman's Rijon, but it was not intended.

jcys810

Years
  • You may want to reupload the fixed up text on the screenie.

I think you also mispelt Professor, though I may have been the one to spell it wrongly.

jcys810

Years
  • Uh pikachu_x, couldn't you have just edited your post rather than double posting? :O

Anyways Andy, looks like your thread is starting to have some more activity. :D

Back