• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon; Rise Of Darkness

Years
  • So this is the second part of my fanfic that started in Pokemon; The Dark Era. So the things you must remember are;

Ash and company went to the Rackling Ruins trying to find a way to defeat Allegra, who is planning something still unknown. But Ash knows that with every moment they waste, Allegra grows more and more powerful and the future seems darker.
    So here's the first chapter of my second fanfic.

Chapter One
    Allegra Ascending

The night was darker than ever. A storm was approaching and the thunders made the windows shake. He was sitting in his chair watching the fireplace. Suddenly the door was opened and the girl walked in.
    "Here's your drink honey," said the blonde girl handing him a small glass filles with martini. He took it and drank it without watching her. "So what are we gonna do," she said kneeling besides him.
    "We are gonna do anything," he answered coldly. "You are going to leave me alone and get out of here." Still not looking at her, he could hear how she stood up and started taking her things. The rain had already started and the drops crashed against the window, which was the size of an entire wall and was left of were he was sitting. The room was totally dark except for the light that came out the fire.
    "Anyway I'm going," he heard the girl saying. "Just give me my money and I'll be gone."
    He stood up and walked towards her. She was tall, slender, beautiful. And yet all he wanted was for her to go. He reached for his pocket and took some money. She smiled and received it, counting it as she walked towards the door. He watched her as she approached the door. But before she reached it, the door opened strongly. The girl fell on her back and screamed. He didn't know what was happening. The girl was still on the floor, gathering the money and he walked to see what was happening. At the end of the hall, two figures were coming. One was cosiderably taller than the other one. Ant they both walked calmly. He reached for his belt and grabbed one Pokeball. The girl had stood up and she was now looking at the two figures.
    "Who are you!" he shouted looking sd they both came closer. "Answer me!"
    The two figures came closer still calmly. He could sense the girl was scared, her breathing was strong and desperate. The two figures wer becoming clearer. One of them, thew tallest, was a Pokemon. The other figure was wearing a large, balck cloak thet covered it's entire body and head.
    "Who's there?" asked the girl in a frightened voice. She too was holding a Pokeball in her hand. The two figures stopped. The cloaked figure raised it's hand and pointed towards the girl, who was shaking and had a very frightened face. Everything happened very fast: the figure moved a little and, when he turned to see the girl, she was laying in the floor, and he understood the cloaked figure had killed her. He turned around and the figure finally spoke.
    "Don't worry, I won't kill you," said a woman's voice as she and the Pokemon walked towards him. He stood there, still holding the Pokeball. When they finally reached the room, he saw it was a huge Dragonite. The woman took out her cloak and he saw she was very beautiful. Her long, balck hair fell on her back, she was wearing a black dress. It was when she turned around thet he saw her face. White, with full lips and delicate features and big blue eyes. When he looked at her eyes, he felt sick and sat down in a chair behind him. The woman smiled and turned around to face the window.
    "I'm here with a proposal Cyrus."
    He looked at her, trying his besto not to sound frightened, but there was something about the woman's eyes that made him feel scared.
    "I'm Allegra," she answered still looking at the window. The Dragonite was looking at him, his huge firgure covering the door.
    "And...what kind of proposal do you have?" he asked standing up and walking towards the chair in front of the fireplace.
    "It's very simple," she said turning around and walikng towards the dead body of the girl. "You'll work for me."
    Cyrus turned around and asked angrily "What the hell are you talking about? Why would I ever work for you. Don't you know who I am?"
    "Yes I know Cyrus. But you will work for me. Because," she said and put her foot on the girl's face, "that's the only way you'll keep your life."
    Cyrus looked at her and then at the dead body of the girl. He put his hand un his face and nodded. Allegra smiled and waljed towards the Dragonite. Cyrus hand't noticed that the dragonite was carrying a small bag. She opened it and took a small, wooden box out of it. She put it one the table and opened it. Cyrus was looking at what was in the box. Allegra turned around and he saw she was holding a small, black flute. She walked to the window again, thew rain still puring.
    "It's almost time," she said and put the flute in her mouth. Cyrus could not believe that she asctually had the flute. She played one single note and smiled.

Three thousand miles away, in a small island, inside a dark cave, a creature that had been sleeping for a long time opened it's eyes.

Years
  • So I'll keep posting new chapters soon. Please comment, don't be too mean. And if you have any suggestions they're also welcomed! Thanks everyone.

Years
  • So here's the second chapter hope you like it and please comment.

Chapter Two
    The Rackling Ruins

Ash entered the door and he could feel his heart pounding. Melissa was behind him and Ash knew she was as scared as him. He turned around to see her and suddenly he felt a great need to protect her. She was walking slowly and she was playing with her hands. Ash smiled at her and held her hand. She smiled back at him and Ash felt a fuzzy feeling in his chest. He turned around and continued walking. There was a long hall and there were what appeared to be ancient runes all over the walls. Ash hoped they didn't have to translate any of them. When the hall finally ended they were in front of another door. This was smaller than the other and completely black. Ash looked around and saw that everyone had the same expression on their faces. They all thought there would be another poem or riddle to open this door. But the Milotic had disappeared. Ash looked at Pikachu, looking for some help. He was still holding Melissa's hand. He didn't want to let go and he could tell she didn't want either. He closed his eyes and with his free hand, he pushed the door. It opened.

The Rackling Ruins were nothing like Ash had expected. He had imagined old buildings, walls with writings on them, maybe some houses, but not what he was seeing. He was standing in front of a big arc made of stone. It was almost complete, except for some missing parts, and it was white and black on some places. Beyond the arc, there was what seemed to be a sacrifice table. An in the back of the sacrifice table there was a big wall with many drawings on it. Ash was looking at the ruins with his mouth half opened. He turned around to see his friend's reactions but none of them said anything. He started walking again and Melissa followed since they were still holding hands. Misty and Brock walked behind them. Ash walked towards the table, but he wasn't interested on it. He was looking at the wall. While Misty Brock and Melissa examined the table, Ash walked to the wall and looked at it. He could now see the drawings much better. In the center of the wall was a big circle with 6 little circles inside it. Outside the big circle, inside each little circle, there were drawings of different things. Ash examined each little group. In one of the circles, there were drawings of people around a fire. In another circle, there were no people but creatures with a lot of fur, all holding hands. In the group in the bottom of the big circle, Ash recognized the people and creatures in the drawings immediately: Pokemon. A Charizard and a Gliscor together with two men and a girl.

"Hey look at this," shouted Ash and they all looked at him. "Come here."
    "What?" asked Misty when she stood up beside him.
    Ash pointed at the wall and the four of them looked at it. Ash looked at Melissa to see her reaction and he noticed, for the first time, that she was very beautiful. Her blonde hair fell on her back, and her blue eyes seemed lost in the drawings. Ash felt the fuzzy feeling in his chest again but he was forced to stop looking because Pikachu moved on his shoulder. Ash thought it had been on purpose.
    "What does this mean?" asked Brock turning around to see the table again.
    "Well, let me try," said Melissa closing her eyes. Ash and Misty looked at her, while Brock walked towards the table. After a minute or so, Melissa opened her eyes and took a deep breath. "Well, I think," she said putting emphasis in the last word "that this drawings represent all the different dimensions. The big circle represents the entire universe, as a whole. And the little circle represents the dimensionns. Inside them," she continued and pointed to the small group of drawings besides the circle "are the different forms of life in each one."
    Ash looked back at the wall. It made a lot of sense to Ash, but then again, he didn't know very much about this.
    Melissa walked around for a little while and Misty went with Brock to the table. But Ash and Pikachu stayed looking at the wall. Ash was particularly intrigued by a group of drawings. They were inside the little circle that was at the top of the big circle. There were no people, nor creatures. There were just big forms of what Ash thought was energy.
    "Well," said Melissa behind him. "Whatever this place is, I'm sure that the portal from which Allegra came, is not here."
    "How can you be sure," asked Misty, her face looking disappointed.
    "Because grandpa said that the portal was an arc" she answered.
    "But..." Brock started to say pointing at the stone arc.
    "No," said Melissa shaking her head. "The arc has a symbol on the top, a circle."
    "Circles, always circles," said Misty.
    "Yeah well I've checked this arc and there's no circle in any part."
    Ash felt disappointed and stupid. After all there was nothing in the Ruins. He took a deep breath and walked with the others to the exit. Ash looked at Melissa and he smiled at her. She smiled back at him. He turned around to see the wall one last time and then he closed the door, thinking that, perhaps, the visit to the Ruins hadn't been such a waste after all.

Years
  • Chapter Three
    The Perfect Place To Stay

Once they were back at Route 226, they walked towards the Survival Area. The sun was coming out and there was nobody in the area. They were all silent. Nobody had said anything since they left the ruins. Ash was thinking of all the places where the portal could be. He had laid all his hopes on the Ruins, wishing that the Ruins would give them all the answers they needed. But now, as they walked through the street, Ash felt alone and scared. Allegra was after something, preparing for her attack, and they still had no idea of how to stop her. His eyes were closing and every inch of his body was tired. He thought of the comfortable bed waiting for him back at Baltazar's house and then he remembered. It had been destroyed. And he thought of his own house. Bt he remembered that when they went back to pallet Town, they had fought in the Forest. Allegra was after Professor Oak. Ash hoped he and the other Professors were okay. But suddenly a voice took him out of his current thoughts.

"We can confirm that Professor Birch, Professor Rowan and Professor Elm have gone missing, possibly kidnapped by the same group or person," said the voice in the TV. Ash stopped and looked at the TV in the window of one store. His eyes focused on the woman giving the news. His heart pounded very fast and his hands were shaking. "Authorities refuse to give more information on the matter but it has been confirmed that their laboratories were destroyed. As for Professor Oak, his laboratory has also been destroyed, but it remains unknown whether we was also kidnapped or he ran away before they caught him."

Ash turned around and fell on the floor, unable to remain standing. His whole body was shaking now. He wanted to shout, to hit somebody. But before he could do anything, the woman spoke once again and he felt his heart shrink.

"We can also confirm that Delia Ketchum and her Pokemon, a Mr. Mime, have also gone missing. Her house was shattered. Neighbors tell that Delia was a peaceful person and can't think of anyone who would want to hurt her but there have been sightings of several men wondering the house and the lab."

Ash remained sat down in the floor. Nobody spoke for a long time and Ash didn't care. His mind was racing with thoughts. Was his mother captured by Allegra? Or had she ran away? Was Professor Oak captured or had he ran away? It was all very confusing. The sun had come out totally and people were starting to appear, slowly walking towards their everyday activities. Finally Brock broke the silence.
    "I think Professor Oak escaped," he said looking at them. "And I think your mother ran away with him."
    Misty nodded at Brock's suggestion and Melissa simply smiled at Ash. He looked at them and slowly said, "How can you be sure?"
    Brock smiled at him and said, "Because we know Professor Oak. He's very smart and I'm sure he told your mother and they both ran away."
    "I'm sure they both okay," said Melissa. She turned to Ash and talked directly to him. "But still if they're kidnapped we're their only hopes. We need to think of a plan. But first we need a place to stay."
    "We can't go to your house Ash, because it was destroyed and as we heard, it's under vigilance." she continued. "And my house was destroyed. So do you have any suggestions?
    Ash was too confused to come up with a place, so he looked at both Misty and Brock. They both seemed to be thinking of a place, but the came out with nothing.
    The street was know completely crowded and people were coming and going. Suddenly Ash looked at two men and recognized one of them. It was one of the two grunts he had battled against in the forest. He stood up and turned around.
    "The grunts are here. They are looking for us," said Ash. "Just walk away slowly."
    But it was very late. Ash heard the grunt screaming "There they are!". He turned around and fear came to him. Now the two grunts were joined by another man. A tall man with blue hair and a hard face. Cyrus smiled and pointed at Ash. "Get them!"
    The two grunts ran towards them and Ash grabbed Melissa with one hand and Misty with the other, Pikachu in his arm, Brock behind them, and he started running.
    The people were walking fast and Ash was making his way through the crowd. He didn't turn around but he knew the grunts were after them. Suddenly he saw a mall and he entered it. It had three floors and Ash entered the first store he saw. Melissa and Misty out of breath and Brock sat down in a couch besides them.
    "Did we lose them?" asked Misty. Ash looked outside of the store and he saw the two grunts coming towards them. He took the two girls by the hand and he ran again, deeper into the clothing store.
    "We have to get out of here," shouted Melissa and she opened a door.
    It was some kind of closet and she entered it. Ash, Misty and Brock followed her. Melissa reached a Pokeball and a Gardevoir appeared. She grabbed the Pokemon by the hand and grabbed Ash by the other. Ash took Misty's hand understanding what was about to happen.
    He could hear Cyrus screaming "Get them! GET THEM!!!!"
    Melissa looked at Gardevoir and whispered, "Teleport" Before Ash knew it, they were no longer in the closet. He opened his eyes and saw a lot of colors, and faces he could not recognize. Suddenly, he touched floor and he fell into it.
    "Where are we?" he asked. He could feel the fresh, salty air in his face and he could hear the ocean hitting the rocks.
    "Route 127, Hoenn," said Melissa putting Gardevoir back in her Pokeball. She grabbed him by the hand and started running towards the north. Misty and Brock followed them and Ash could feel Pikachu shaking in his arm. They ran for a long time before they stopped in front of a big entrance. They all stopped and sat down on the rocks, unable to keep going.
    "We can stay here in this cave for a while," said Melissa, who was red in the face, he hair all wild.
    Ash looked at the entrance and smiled, knowing that, at least for know, they were in a safe place where they could plan their next movement, without anyone to interrupt them.

So I'll keep posting chapter, and I hope you'll comment about my fanfic and tell what you think about it.

Years
  • Chapter Four
    A Surprise Gary

The life in the cave was extremely boring and lonely. Ash was dying to know what was happening outside, but he wasn't allowed to go anywhere. Since he and Melissa where the ones that fought the grunts in the forest, everyone agreed that they should be the ones that went out the less. Unfortunately, the only time Ash went out, a week after they arrived to the cave, he was recognized by one grunt and chased for about two miles, before he and Gardevoir were able to Teleport back to the cave. After that, Ash was forbidden to leave the cave. He gave up after another week of fighting, and he finally agreed to stay in the cave. He had to settle with the news that Misty, Brock and Melissa told him. He was beginning to feel really useless and stupid.

One day, two months after their arrival, Ash, Misty and Brock were in the cave, since Melissa was out to get food. Ash was beginning to get worried, although these days, he got worried and anxious almost all the time. Melissa had left almost 5 hours ago and she still hadn't returned. He could tell that both Brock and Misty were worried as well, but they didn't say anything. Finally, when Ash was about to say something to his friends, Melissa appeared at the entrance of the cave. She was carrying several things in her basket and was looking very excited.
    "What happened what took you so long?" asked Ash running towards her.
    "I was getting the food, and guess who i saw?" she answered leaving the basket in a small table and sitting in a rock. "Gary Oak!"
    "Gary???" asked Misty clearly shocked. Brock and Ash exchanged looks.
    "Yes, he was in the supermarket. But that's not the important thing. When he was about to leave, two men in suits walked towards him and told him they needed to ask him some questions about his grandfather"
    Ash felt a feeling of excitement in his stomach. "Well we need to know what they're going to ask him. We need to go right now."
    "Wait", said Brock looking at him. "You're not going to go anywhere. I'll go with Melissa, you stay in here with Misty."
    "Ash you know you can't go out, you were recognized the last time", said Misty with a sad smile in her face.
    Ash turned around, avoiding looking at any of them. Not only was he hoping he could go out of the cave, but he was looking forward to spend some alone time with Melissa...just the two of them...
    "Okay", said Melissa holding Gardevoir hand and giving the other one to Brock, but Ash was faster. Running towards her, he took her hand and, before he knew it, he was out of the cave and in a small, narrow alley.
    "What the hell is wrong with you!?" asked Melissa letting go of him. She was red in the face and was looking at him angrily.
    "Mel, I just wanted to...common..."
    Melissa turned back, put Gardevoir back in her Pokeball and started walking towards the crowded street. Ash caught up with her, smiling. They didn't talk until they reached a tall, intimidating building.
    "It's here, I heard them saying they were taking him here. I've been here before; it's like a Police Station. Come," she said holding Ash's hand and walking to an alley next to the building. She send Gardevoir out again and grabbed her hand. Then she turned around and faced Ash. He was glad to see she was no longer angry, but she seemed rather happy and excited. She held hands with Ash and they stayed a few seconds looking at each other. His heart was pounding strongly and he could tell he was sweating. Finally the alley vanished and they were in a room with a lot of chairs and a small coffee table in the middle.
    "We're in the fifth floor," she said to him, letting go of his hand. Ash looked around the room, waiting for Melissa to put Gardevoir back in her Pokeball. When she did, she grabbed his hand again and together, they walked to the door. The hall was empty, so they were free to walk it without any fear of being discovered.
    "Look for room 578", she told him. Ash thought they had walked around twenty minutes before they finally reached the room. It was at the very end of the hall and Melissa opened the door. Nobody was there, and when Ash was beginning to think they had arrived to late, he heard voices coming from a door in the left side of the room. It was half-opened and, while Ash and Melissa walked to it, he felt an odd feeling.
    "So you have absolutely no idea of where your grandfather is?" asked a tall, dark man in suit. He was walking around a chair, where Gary was sitting. He was just as Ash remembered him, just that a lot taller. In front of the chair was a second man, shorter than the other one, blonde and wearing black suit and black glasses.
    "No I've already told you, I don't know. And can I please go, I'm running late", he said standing up. He turned around, but Ash was too slow. Gary had seen him. Ash looked at Melissa, who was looking scared. To Ash's surprise, Gary did not come out.
    "Okay, I have something that might help you", Gary said from the other room. "My grandfather used to love the Sinnoh region. If he wasn't kidnapped, I bet he's hiding somewhere in it."
    Gary sounded very calmed, but Ash couldn't see him. He didn't dare to look back in the room.
    "The Sinnoh region is very big Gary", said a voice that Ash recognized as the dark man.
    "I know, but that's all I have", he said and Ash heard footsteps coming closer to the door. He froze and his heart started pounding very fast. He turned around and Gary was at the door, looking down at him. He (Gary) smiled and very slowly put his hand inside his pocket.
    "Listen I know you think my grandpa was kidnapped," he said turning around to look back at the men inside the room. Ash was looking at Gary, surprised at his reaction. "But I bet he was faster and is now on the run."
    "Mr Oak you must understand we need to take this seriously," said the voice of the dark man. "And we also think that it would be prudent to take you into a safe place until everything is solved."
    Gary turned around again and walked back inside the room. But as he did it, a folded piece of paper fell in Ash's lap. He took it and looked at Melissa. Slowly, he began to walk to the door, holding Melissa's hand. He could hear Gary talking to the men about random things, and he was sure Gary was giving them time to escape. When they reached the door, he and Melissa stepped out into the empty hall and ran back to the room where they appeared. Just when they closed the door, he saw Gary and the other two stepping out of the room and walking the opposite way. He turned around to face Melissa, who was already holding Gardevoir's hand and automatically, he grabbed her hand, still holding the piece of paper, his heart pounding, and his mind racing.

Back