• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Rise

Rise

「Rise Director」
Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2010

Place Holder

Prepare for Pokemon Rise!

Place Holder 2

Information
    Rise
    Author
    NikNaks
    Team
    Mapping Areas
    Status
    N/A
    Releases

Celebi, the time skip Pokémon. Said to appear only in times of peace. Your family has guarded its sacred tree since the beginning of its existence. As a child you were versed on its history in hopes that you would become the next Guardian. As most teenagers however your decision is to rebel. On the day of your "Renaissance" you run away from the shrine, and somehow find yourself lost in the woods. You eventually find yourself in front of the Sacred Tree, after a certain event all turns black, when you awake everything seems the same. But upon further investigation you find that you've been sent back to the age of the Samurai, right in the middle of "The Great War" between the Samurai and Ninja clans.

Information

You the character are the son/daughter of a family of Guardians, protecting the Pokémon Celebi. The game begins at your families shrine where your grandfather explains the duties of a Guardian and shows you how to handle Pokémon. Afterward you go through a small side quest that sets you up for your adventure, collecting items such as your bag, Pokédex, and journal. Along the way the events leading to your rebellious nature become relevant, and even show why you leave in the first place.

When you decide to run away your character will try to escape from the shrine, knocking into a small statue on the way out, a statue which has been explained in previous scenes. The statue will accidentally fall into your bag and will later come into play during your adventure.

When you reach the tree in the forest you will encounter Celebi after angrily kicking its tree. It will appear around you and after some dialog the screen will fade to black. That is when Celebi will time warp you and leave you in the forest sometime in the past. The tree will play a major part in the game as well as the statue, and a few other items.

Screenshots

Spoiler:

The World

Currently there will only be one region to this game. One region sounds boring to most but there is a twist involved. It may be one region, but it will be played from two times.
    The past and present of the world.

Note:The region itself has not yet been named, but will be soon.

The Pokemon

An estimated 80+ Fakemon will be created for the "Past World" of this region. They will, hopefully, be the ONLY Pokémon you deal with there.

The original Pokémon will be included, don't fret, but they will only be obtainable after completing the "Past World"

The System

Battling is taking a whole new spin!

Samurai: "Pokéballs? Never heard of em, I'm a Samurai and I'mma train Pokémon like one!"

Unlike the present people, the people of old had to make due with what they had. They didn't have advanced machines to do the job for them. So how do you catch a Pokémon in some world that has no means of projecting a red light that sucks an unsuspecting creature into a tiny spherical object? Easy!

Contract Card!

A "technology" made to counteract the Spell Tags used by the warring ninja clans. These contract cards are just as their name implies, a card that binds a Pokémon into a contract with a master. When a Pokémon is not needed or is just simply being touted around it remains in the contract card. These cards cannot be ripped or destroyed, unless done so by their master, or a user of secret arts. When a card is destroyed or if the master of the card has no living heirs the Pokémon within is released back to the wild. To bring a Pokémon out it requires only a simple summoning technique. Some people can only carry a certain amount of cards due to their "inner power". The most known to be carried around is six, and even that can be difficult.

Note: The original card I created was too modern, but at the same time it was a good draft. I plan to alter it to give it an "older" feel.

Credits

• Poccil - Starter Kit for scripts
    • Crazyninjaguy - Scripting snippets and CSS
    • Alucus - Assorted Tilesets

Final Note

This idea was originally created when the game went under the title Bushido. However since both time, and my ability to access the thread for it keep me from working with it I decided to keep the original idea while working on a few changes to the stories original line of development.

Last edited:

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • I'm approving this, but please add two screenshots and a lists of credits if you want it to remain open.

Rise

「Rise Director」
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2010
    I'll have that done as soon as possible, thanks Yuo

Years
  • So, this is set in Johto? I can picture most of those events happening in Azalea and Ilex, but if you've got other plans, that could work, too!

The contract card seems like an interesting idea, but you'll have to think of a logical reason as to why only certain people can tear them up. Is it magic? Is it a legendary Pokémon? Is it because people in the past lacked opposable thumbs? Surprise me :P

Basically, this looks promising; it's well thought-out and intriguing, which is great for a fan-game. I'll be interested to see if you can develop it to a level that a plot of that quality deserves. Good luck with it!

Rise

「Rise Director」
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2010
    My idea is to use it in an area away from Johto, as a time travel Pokemon Celebi can appear anywhere it chooses, so it leaves room to expand on where it'll be and how events can play out.

The ability to tear the cards is similar to the same way a Pokemon who's already been caught can't be taken by another trainer. My idea is that it contributes to the same way a Pokemon is held and used in battle. Trainers, or Contractors in this case, all hold within them the ability to summon their Pokemon from the contract cards. Through training or natural ability the amount of cards one person can hold at a time can reach a maximum of 6. The contractor binds themself to their Pokemon and in turn holds ownership that can't be normally broken. The people who know how to break this complex bond are of course going to be the "Team" involved in the story line. I'm not sure how they will personally break it just yet, but I know the way behind it. To put it simply they sever the link between the contractor and their familiar, and manipulate it. Using the already made link and becoming the new contractor. Since a ninja clan will be the ones against you in this war of the past it might be a technique of the clan, or even a mystical item.

To be honest I'm leaning more towards the item as the base to do this. It'd give more room to work in an interesting story and in turn create a legendary since the game will only have Celebi as a guide that starts the adventure and not as the only Legendary to be involved in the story line. The legendary in mind is a dragon whose scales, shed yearly are what gave the ninja the ability to steal contracts and thus gain an edge in the war.

Anyway, it's all in the works and I'll try to come up with a definite plot as soon as I can. I have to first make screens so the topic can at least stay up on the boards, and hopefully get people to help along the way. But thank you for the praise and expectation.

triggerhappymonk

Strong as crap trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2012
    It sounds like an interesting twist on the Pokémon tradition, can't wait to try it.

Orangturttle

Magikarp MASTER!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2012
    This is a fantastic idea!
    I like how it's quite,quite, quite different from all the other pokemon games!
    Good luck mate! Can't wait to see more screen shots!

Years
  • Great, a completley different approach, not just the same old Lets beat all the gyms story. Very creative. Also, the ability to rip the card makes sense, its like a personal magic.

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
    Years
  • Wow, the plot and ideas are amazing, lovin' it - I'd be glad to help in Pokemon designs. ^^

Rise

「Rise Director」
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2010
    You know, you could have AT LEAST asked me if you could use MY layout.

I apologize for that. I didn't think it'd be much of a problem since I didn't ever say it was mine to begin with. Crazy had it up so I just reworked it a bit. If you feel it needs to be taken down just let me know. No disrespect meant by it JV.

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Looks interesting. I love the concept of Contract Cards. What difference will it have on catching method, if I may ask?

Kid Ghandi

Ninja Squirtle
    Years
  • I can also help make a few fakemon, and be an extra brain, that you may need, here's an idea: rebirth. Also, I'd like to ask if the region looks any different from the present, and how far it is to the past? If you sent over a link for the game, I can also help do some mapping. Here's a Fakemon sprite:
    Pokemon Rise

Last edited:

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
    Years
  • Okay, I finally got the scanner fixed, here're are the Dragon concepts:
    WARNING: Large images

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Okey dokey, hope they're ok - sorry for the sloppy coloring, I was in a hurry. xD

Back