• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Rival Brawl! - Battles between well known rivals in the Pokemon World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemon Trainer UV

Attractively foolish
Years
  • Which Pokemon will emerge victorious in a battle with their rivals?

324.jpg

Zangoose vs Seviper
    A classic battle between a fierce mongoose and a graceful yet deadly snake!

Zangoose definitely has the advantage here with its immunity! But Seviper has a great movepool that could really cause some trouble
    for our furry friend! However, the greater strength and speed of Zangoose might allow it to emerge victorious!
    I think Zangoose would win this fight.

tumblr_m13qh1VKhp1r6vswno1_500.png

Fearow vs Pidgeot
    The original rivals! (Besides Red and Blue)

Fearow may have greater speed and power; but our original raptor Pidgeot has stats that define the word balanced! It is also much bulkier compared to the giant chicken-like tyrant. However, Fearow does have some skills; like Drill Peck!
    I'm gonna have to go with Pidgeot here. Fearow has greater speed and strength, but Pidgeot's bulk and far more balanced stats make it the jack-of-all-trades, and that is often a successful class!

images

Aerodactyl vs Bastiodon
    A battle of prehistoric proportions!

A Bastiodon is peacefully grazing; The sun beaming down on upon a grassy field!
    Suddenly, as Bastiodon is chewing its food, a shadow suddenly swishes on the green.
    Aerodactyl strikes! But will it be enough?
    Bastiodon's monstrous defenses are amazing, but its low HP, lacking attack, and even more mediocre speed is a big hit to the brute's power!
    Meanwhile, Aerodactyl has significantly better stats. It may lack the same defense of Bastiodon, but Aerodactyl's Earthquake will definitely cause massive damage! Not only that; I can visualize Aerodactyl pushing Bastiodon off a cliff for some reason, so I'm going with Aerodactyl.

tumblr_lkapo123Td1qc0qhgo1_500.jpg

Sharpedo vs Wailord
    An aquatic face-off!

Sharpedo's sheer speed and power leaves poor Wailord doomed. But the blue whale isn't down yet! A water spout attack would cause massive damage...if Sharpedo weren't already a water-type. Wailord's huge HP is useless against Sharpedo's expertise in the art of sweeping.

rampardos.png

Rampardos vs Rampardos
    A bit one sided...
    Heheh

I don't need to say anything to this.

Gyarados_Milotic_battle_by_Mel777.png

Gyarados vs Milotic
    The battle between the levathian of destruction and the grace of the sea!

Milotic and Gyarados are nearly equals in stats, with Gyarados being the one with superior Attack, and Milotic having a Special Defense just as good!
    But, looks like the original serpent here is at an advantage. Milotic's defense, although not bad, is completely overwhelmed by the sheer power of Gyarados! So I'd have to give this to Gyarados. A single thunderfang would spell the end to the grace of the sea...

84422-bigthumbnail.jpg

Palkia vs Dialga!
    The battle of reality itself!

Dialga may have superior attack, speed, and HP, but Palkia's overwhelming speed would destroy it with a single spacial rend! Not surprising. Since Space has been known to defy even time.

mew-and-mewtwo-vs-218.jpg

Mewtwo vs Mew
    Mankind's creation or the original Pokemon?

I'd say it's a total curbstomp in Mewtwo's favor. Mew's versatility could be a problem, though.

227028_1699963113170_1660690090_3469737_6387809_n.jpg

The War of Starters!
    The ones that started it all will end it now!

I'll get back to this fight later.

11vqjit.jpg

Reshiram vs Zekrom!
    The battle between truth and ideals!

I don't know enough about either to make a real guess, but Zekrom's bulk may give Reshiram its downfall!

hgss-art.jpg

Hoh-Oh vs Lugia
    When Gold and Silver clash!

I think Lugia would win this, but it'd be a really close match.

AND NOW THE ORIGINAL AND FIRST POKEMON BATTLE!

Nidorino vs Gengar

WALL___Gengar_VS_Nidorino_by_nefarious_sanctum.png

I'd say Gengar would win this one with no problem.

-->Now, again fellow Pokemon Trainers, which Pokemon do you believe would emerge victorious in their battle with their rivals?

Credits to the original Artists of this great art!

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I see Rampardos as more of a rival to Bastiodon than Aerodactyl. While Aerodactyl is strong and fast, Rampardos has a better connection with Bastiodon. Rampardos has insanely high Attack, but Bastiodon has insanely high Defense. In the anime, Rampardos is seen as a "spear that can pierce anything" and Bastiodon is compared to an "unbreakable shield."

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    i would actually agree with platinumdude.
    lol
    i just dont want to think but his answer is good and also the only answer here at this thread lol.

Years
  • Hmph... I'd not consider the elegant Gardevoir and awesome Gallade rivals, but I think Gardevoir would win, with epic Sp. Atk and good move possibilities. Otherwise, it'd be a surprising, close match. Hng... I need to get my mind off those two -goes back to reading Pokemon creepypastas-

Days
    • Seen Aug 8, 2023
    Which Pokemon can rival the Pikachu but also defeat him with a huge gap between their strength?

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Which Pokemon can rival the Pikachu but also defeat him with a huge gap between their strength?
    Waves. Welcome to the forum. Appreciates your interest in the thread. Asks users not to post in thread that have not been posted in in 3-4 years (in Pokemon General, at least). Last posted in here in 2012 (one year before the release of X/Y).

Locks this thread. Invites you (or anyone) to create a new thread on the same topic, if you wish.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back