• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Rocket's Revenge

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    As for having people help, that is up to Disturbed. I don't think he wants additional members. Though I don't see a problem with doing something to help our cause.

I can agree that last time nothing got done due to the amount of people we had assigned to work on the project, but I doubt you can do it all between the two of you.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Yes, speaking of 'joining back up with the project', I should be a sprite for this again.
    I really miss spriting for Rocket's Revenge, and since it's back...

Well, good luck. :3
    Well, I know your work, so I'll say, why not xD
    I can agree that last time nothing got done due to the amount of people we had assigned to work on the project, but I doubt you can do it all between the two of you.
    It's definetely possible, mainly, we wanted it to be a 2 map team tops, but seeing as though people want to help, we'll make some adjustments...

So what are you able to do, VC?
    ---
    I'll leave the decision to EarthsVisitor.

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
    Years
  • I don't want to add anyone to team this early into the game.
    As the game progresses, I might want to to expand the team once more.

I definately don't want more than 2 people in each section though.
    Right now, we're focusing on mapping and scripting to begin with, then we'll start adding the other details, which I want to be able to get back to where the game was left off before that begins happening.

So, if anyone is to be added to the team, it would be only one very skilled mapper, and one very skilled scripter.

Years
  • I'll help. Joking.
    I'm just posting to say best of luck. I'm glad to see you kept a lot of the elements of the old RR, like the 'perma-night' and the Dark Pokemon. I just hope you use the Dark Pokemon better and not just randomly. Looks at strange abundant Dark Vulpix.

My opinion on the team, wasn't that it was so big it couldn't function anymore. I think it was more that everyone was wrapped up in their own things and EV was too busy with things, outside of hacking, to get us all together working on the hack. Then with barely anyone around to work on it, it just slowly died.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2008
    I dont like games without Gyms.
    My opinion?
    Make that when you win the gym leader , you get one of 3 pokemons (Rare or not rare..)
    simmliar to the type of the gym you just beaten. And also a simmliar Stone?
    (F/e a rare Grass pokemon when u beat the Grass GYM)
    As : Odish , Bellsprout and another grass pokemon for ur choice (ofcourse dont make it 2 good or 2 suckish.)
    what u say?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    I dont like games without Gyms.
    My opinion?
    Make that when you win the gym leader , you get one of 3 pokemons (Rare or not rare..)
    As : Odish , Bellsprout and another grass pokemon for ur choice (ofcourse dont make it 2 good or 2 suckish.)
    what u say?
    Hypethetically speaking, the missions are similar to gyms. There is a fair chance of us implementing some sort of "boss" at the end of each mission, but we would rather you play to find out what happens with each mission completed.

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
    Years
  • I dont like games without Gyms.
    My opinion?
    what u say?

No.
    No gym leaders.

The game has been, and will alway be based around missions like Jake said, and, like he also said, there basically is an equivalent to a gym leader at the end of each mission.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I dont like games without Gyms.
    My opinion?
    what u say?

The point is because it's Rocket, do you think leaders would accept criminals, I personally like the no leaders feature, it's unique and makes it so you don't have just one goal, and that goal being, to get to the Pokemon League, it gives a more open world feel, especially with the missions.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • I see no point of having a Gym Leader in a Team Rocket-based game. Each mission is basically equivalent to being in a Gym (although probably more difficult), and the 'boss' of the mission is similar to being a Gym Leader.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Thanks for the comments, everybody.
    I'm actually waiting for EV to finish up some scripts, then we should have a screenie or two up.
    Yes, progress has been slow, and it always seems like we're missing eachother on MSN.

Antwhan

setting up for the big beta
    Years
  • nice to see rr back in action. who knows, maybe seeing rr back will bring me bck into the hacking fold once again. just as before. i hope to see things pan out better than they were b4. and hopefully less fatal bugs early on. i know ev knows the ones i'm thinking of :)

good luck and good night

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
    Years
  • Pokemon Rocket's Revenge

Oh my!

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Very nice screen, EV. It seems you are starting with the scripting. Can't wait to see more of your spectacular scripts :D Good luck.

Back