• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Roleplay Discussion

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I wanna find out if my rp's good enough to be accepted before I post it. Private RPGs are allowed right? If there is something wrong with it, or if there needs to be more to the plot can someone give me some ideas?

Kanto Journeys

Info:

This is a private RPG. Only for me, I, Scream and Sasuneuchiha.

Plot

A Kanto journey RPG with a twist to it.

Professor Oak has just become a new Professor in a Town called Pallet Town. He decides to test his new fortune by sending three trainers out on a journey together to fill up the Pokedex he has made. He'd like to know what kinds of Pokemon are out there and get data on them for his reseach. Enter the three trainers all three of them are best friends. One wants to be a Master Coordinator, while the other two want to be Pokemon Masters. The three decide to travel together to see what is out there and what they may find. They figured on a long journey it's best to just stick together. What will happen on there journey? What will they encounter? The choice is there's on in the wonderful world of Pokemon.

The reason the plot is just led around three characters is cause this is a private RPG.

Pokemon:

Oddish: Taken by Konekodemon

Level: 5
    Type: Grass/Poison
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    Attacks: Absorb, Sweet Scent
    Nature: Hardy

Pikachu

Type: Electric
    Ability: Static
    Attacks: Thundershock, Growl
    Nature: Naughty

Growlithe

Type Fire
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Attacks: Bite, Roar
    Nature: Brave

Name:
    Appearence:
    Starter Choice:

My Sign Up

Name: Kairi Hill

Age 12

Appearence: Kairi is of avange height at 5'' 2''. Not too tall or too short for her age. Even though she always thinks she's too short. She weights 100 pounds. She's always conplainning about her height and weight. She thinks she's too short and that she weights too much.

She has very long brown hair, going straight down her back. Her hair is very thight as well. It is always a pain brushing it. Kairi conplains a lot about taking care of her hair. It is so hard for her to take care of it. She has to use a special shampoo for it all the time. She hates that as well.

She wears a sleeveless blue shirt, a red short skirt, red and white shoes, and very long blue socks that go up to her ankles. Kairi always wears the same thing every day. Expect during the Winter time, when she wears a tight blue coat. Under it is a blue sweater, and she wears blue sweat pants and brown fuzzy boots.

She is very pale white skinned. She hates her skin color a lot. She is pale skinned because she gets sick a lot. Sometimes if she's really, REALLY sick her skin color turns a light green color. She always got made fun of in school cause of her pale skin color. All the kids at school gave her the nickname,'Ghost' cause her skin is so pale it's almost the color of a ghost.

But Kairi's eyes are very beautiful. She has very pretty light blue eyes. Her eyes are the same color as the sky. Her family's always telling her how pretty her eyes are. Kairi blushes and looks away. Kairi has never thought that her eyes were that pretty but everyone else seems to think so. So she just lets it slide.

She carries a side sag with her that she carried across her shoulder. Her bag can carry a lot of things inside it. She has had this bag since she went to Pokemon School. It's her most prized item, since it was given to her by her missing father. She treasures it always.

Starter Choice: Oddish

Last edited:

Trainer AJ

I am an hero
    Years
    Newbie looking for a place to start

Just asking for one's recommendation. Where's a good place to start off in RPing here? Should I join an existing one or just wait for something new?

I can't spend everday in a digital Pokemon world after all :)

Vorteld

Lord of the Underworld
    Years
    New ones are generally easier to join :)

A bunch of RPs got approved recently, so I think there's a few to pick from! :)

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    @Konekodemon: Honestly, as far as intriguing and original plots go, it's a little generic. Of course, I also believe that simple and straightforward plots can work better than detailed ones as long as they're carried out well and keep the participants interested (small incidents leading up to a big event, run in with a legendary, etc.). Considering it's a private roleplay, you won't have to worry about attracting people, seeing as how the members have already been decided, but just make sure to keep things active and interesting so it's not just the three of you going on without any direction. As far as being good enough to be accepted, that's really up to the moderator, so I can't positively say it'll be approved.

@Trainer AJ: Pretty much what Vorteld said, I recommend. Look for new roleplays that are just starting and try signing up. Also, just as a tip, try looking around at other on-going roleplays just to see how they work and the kind of sign-ups that are accepted. It's a fairly welcoming forum but there are some standards.

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I'll go ahead and put it up then. If it's not approved I'll just trying adding more info and trying again.

Trainer AJ

I am an hero
    Years
    @ Vorteld & Fan-E

Thanks I'll just go ahead and do that then.

Also, I noticed that some of the sign ups require a piece of roleplay that I've done here, but I don't have any. Can I just make something up or reference from my old DnD days (Dwarf Barbarian anyone?) ?

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    @ Vorteld & Fan-E

Thanks I'll just go ahead and do that then.

Also, I noticed that some of the sign ups require a piece of roleplay that I've done here, but I don't have any. Can I just make something up or reference from my old DnD days (Dwarf Barbarian anyone?) ?

That would be a misconception. RP Sample just means a sample of your writing, really, used to determine if you have the writing skills needed. You can just make one up on the spot if you like; it should work just as well as copy-pasta.

And yeah, Koneko? I wouldn't approve an RP of that level as a regular one, so I'm not going to give invitationals any special treatment. Put a bit more effort in, m'kay?

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Yea, see I was thinking wondering if it might be enough cause slls81's info was that short for,'A New Professor In Town' and his got approved.

Phanima

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    Not trying to take anything away from Alter Ego here but it's best not to compare one roleplay to another. While the plot, rules, sign-ups, or whatever else slls81 included might not seem significant to you, they were enough to be approved. At least from what I can see, there are potential underlying plot thickeners with his roleplay that have already been hinted to.

For yours, I assume it may just be because it's another 'journey' roleplay, which to be honest, have a habit of dying fast here. Just see what you can do to add to it that makes it unique or intriguing enough to warrant extended activity.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Yea, see I was thinking wondering if it might be enough cause slls81's info was that short for,'A New Professor In Town' and his got approved.

Well, first off I'm seconding Phani. Comparing against other RPs in this fashion is generally not a good way to get your own one through.

Secondly, it's not a matter of length as much as what was written. slls81's RP, despite admittedly being on the short side in length, had an interesting and unusual concept to it, so yes, the impression I got was that there was more planning behind it. Reading your plot, on the other hand, the basic message came off as 'this is a generic journey and I'm not going to bother explaining to any greater detail because it's generic and the people are invited'. So yes, that would be the difference. It's not a lot more, but I do want a bit more from the plot side.

King!

better
    Years
    Um..well, I have an unusual hobby of collecting Pokemon PLush/Stuffed Animals. But the odd part is, I "play" with them. AS in, me and a couple of friends, or just me, or just me and one friend(xD)make little plots, and stuff happens. They all have one spirit, and as new plushj are introduced, the plot moves on. All of the spirits stay the same, for example, my Torchic is brothers with a friends Torchic, and has an uncle Blaziken. Unique plots are made, mostly by me. The last one we did was called, The Flygon 3, in which my Torchic disappeared, and my Pichu, webkinz Plar Bear, Chili, and webkinz canary, Canary, had to solve the mystery. But there's more actiony ones, and some are sad(Flygon disappeared oncE)

SO.....I was thinking on making an RP, a PMD RP, where the role players main setting was the town that my plush live in. It would be titled, POkemon Mystery Dungeon: Stuffed~ Ledgends of Morning Sun, and Ledgends of Nightime Moon.

IN it, the human is transformed into a plush Pokemon, giving it the ability to enter two worlds, the Spirit World, and the Human World. The Human World is the world in which you are, well, a plush, and humans are 100x bigger than you. BUT, the Spirit World is where you leave the plush body, and can roam free.

The plot would be mainly, in the beginning, finding out how you became a plush pokemon, but further develop into Spirit, and Human, world problems.

A cool addition would be that all/most of my plush would be in it, as they are now.

There's more, this is a brief outline.

Does it sound good/interesting?

Years
    @ King: At least it's original, as far as I can tell. Sounds very interesting, but I'm in quite a few RPs myself XD

I was thinking of making a RP myself. It is in a ninja-like setting. Students (roughly 10 RPers, I might go higher if needed though) will start out in a school. They need to pass an exam to graduate, and once they have they recieve a Pokemon. The RP will start out with the RPer already having the Pokemon and beginning to be grouped into teams and get a teacher.

Pokemon Choices:
    All Original Starters
    Pidgey
    Pichu
    Exceptional SU:
    Dratini
    Larvitar
    Bagon
    Gible

There will also be a part where RPers can choose to be a teacher. They have to have a fairly decent SU though. So this is really along the lines of Naruto and stuff, but obviously the missions and such will be different. With each battle (depending on how good your post is and such) your Pokemon will grow levels. You can only have your starter though, because the Ninja only work with one Pokemon.

So...that's just a rough, rough outline...thoughts?

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    Scarecrow: I think it's a pretty decent idea. Not a huge fan of Naruto but it definitely sounds like fun to roleplay in a Pokemon setting. I think I'd definitely join. You'd probably need some restrictions and a decent plot idea to get it to work though. Maybe two teams and a common goal of sorts? Conflicts are always a good way to get a roleplay going. I've found that one of the best ways to fuel people to stick with the roleplay is to create two opposing forces. It motivates people.

sasuneuchiha

Neither Darkness nor Light...
    Years
    Scarecrow: I see. An RP based on Naruto and Pokemon? I...love it. Interesting concept. It looks like a fairly good RP...sounds interesting. I think it would totally make it. I wish there was a way to get other pokemon, similar to the effects of a summoning jutsu? That's how they get other animals to aid them. Just an idea, as I don't like being stuck with just one pokemon. Still, looks like a great RP.

GodofPH

Submarket Zydrate Dealer
    Years
    It's been a while since I've done any RPing, and I'm tossing around some ideas for a Pokemon-related RP in my head.

The idea of mine is a sort-of crossover with either the DC Universe superheroes or the Marvel Universe heroes, or both. It wouldn't be a crossover in the idea of the characters meeting each other (so no Superman battling Legendary Pokemon), but a cross-merger, with concepts and ideas of the superheroes being applied to the Pokemon world. The heroes themselves could range from superpowered individuals to vigilante trainers who use their Pokemon in their crusades. Ideas that immediately come to mind are things like a hero by the name of The Crobat (essentially Batman with this universe's standards) or Scarlett Spinarak (a version of Spider-Man). Does this idea seem appealing to anyone?

Phanima

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    @GodofPH: Personally, I don't intend to favour crossover roleplays since they're often quite hard to do while keeping some level of canon for the two series, which then comes down to the issue of trading one off for the other. In your case, it seems you'll be maintaining the pokemon world (obviously, since it's a pokemon roleplay) but will be introducing superhero-esque concepts, and from the examples of The Crobat as Batman and the Scarlett Spinarak as Spiderman, I do think it could work. Of course, since the topic is subjective and this being purely personal opinion, you could still find others who are interested because of its initial concept of combining the two franchises. It's just a matter of going with what you're comfortable with and that in itself should attract others of similar interest. And yes, I know this doesn't answer your direct question, but I thought I'd just share my thoughts on it. *shot for aimless opinion*

Anyway, I have a question of my own regarding pokemon battles between roleplayers. I've just been casually talking about it with some friends about how it could work and which method is the most effective, and it's come down to three main approaches, which are...

1. let the actual roleplayers battling decide who wins and loses;
    2. have all the other roleplayers who aren't battling vote on who should win and lose and have the two do so accordingly; or
    3. have the gamemaster look over each post, decide which attacks hit and miss and then decide who wins and loses by judging how detailed and entertaining the two roleplayers' posts are.

Personally, I find the third option the most trouble free, but are there any other thoughts on the matter? Or other suggestions that could work with roleplayer verse roleplayer pokemon battles?

GodofPH

Submarket Zydrate Dealer
    Years
    @GodofPH: Personally, I don't intend to favour crossover roleplays since they're often quite hard to do while keeping some level of canon for the two series, which then comes down to the issue of trading one off for the other. In your case, it seems you'll be maintaining the pokemon world (obviously, since it's a pokemon roleplay) but will be introducing superhero-esque concepts, and from the examples of The Crobat as Batman and the Scarlett Spinarak as Spiderman, I do think it could work. Of course, since the topic is subjective and this being purely personal opinion, you could still find others who are interested because of its initial concept of combining the two franchises. It's just a matter of going with what you're comfortable with and that in itself should attract others of similar interest. And yes, I know this doesn't answer your direct question, but I thought I'd just share my thoughts on it. *shot for aimless opinion*

I wasn't aiming for a crossover, my idea was for an amalgamation of the two. It's not as if the game's/anime's canon would suddenly find themselves swimming in superheroes and supervillains, but taking place in a universe where they've been a part of each other for a long time.

You see, I myself don't like working explicitly within confines of a universe, I prefer to make my own rules and create my own worlds, and that was the idea I was shooting for.

Phanima

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    I wasn't aiming for a crossover, my idea was for an amalgamation of the two. It's not as if the game's/anime's canon would suddenly find themselves swimming in superheroes and supervillains, but taking place in a universe where they've been a part of each other for a long time.

You see, I myself don't like working explicitly within confines of a universe, I prefer to make my own rules and create my own worlds, and that was the idea I was shooting for.

That's fair enough. Everyone's entitled to being creative with their roleplays and I understand what you're trying to do to an extent but could you maybe detail some of the rules and nature of the world that you're planning on creating? Just as a basic concept for people to read and understand to see how it'll work.

liveitout

What? Where?
    Years
    Anyway, I have a question of my own regarding pokemon battles between roleplayers. I've just been casually talking about it with some friends about how it could work and which method is the most effective, and it's come down to three main approaches, which are...

1. let the actual roleplayers battling decide who wins and loses;
    2. have all the other roleplayers who aren't battling vote on who should win and lose and have the two do so accordingly; or
    3. have the gamemaster look over each post, decide which attacks hit and miss and then decide who wins and loses by judging how detailed and entertaining the two roleplayers' posts are.

Personally, I find the third option the most trouble free, but are there any other thoughts on the matter? Or other suggestions that could work with roleplayer verse roleplayer pokemon battles?

I like hearing that there are some alternatives to number 1. It can be really time consuming and stressful to write a battle when you have to try so hard not to godmod. Every attempt to land a hit is a full post. You can't write "he kicked" or "he punched" because you would be infringing on the other character's right to dodge. The end result is a battle where everyone is being polite and holding doors for everyone else. "Can I land a hit now? Thank you very much."

Number 3 is like number 1 but with the gamemaster involved. You probably don't want that. Either you'll be checking the roleplay every 2 minutes, or you'll hold everyone else back by going to bed at a bad time. The roleplayers will be doing their hardest to embellish their posts and gain your support, and you'll have to pick favourites. Not pretty.

Maybe a combination of 1 and 2 would work. The roleplayers could decide between themselves how the battle would look (which hits would land and which would miss) and write it out. Then the other roleplayers would read their posts and vote on the final outcome.

Hm, is it possible to create a roleplay that is so different from most Pokemon worlds that it disregards canon? Or would people flame you for that?

Back