• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Roleplay Discussion

Lucent

✿ border of life
Years
  • Yes, it's amazing, isn't it? Staff have LIVES.

OK, this may not be Roleplay-related, but I've waited over a week for someone to do a theme for me. I've requested to quite a few people, but only for good reason. The first had their graphics thread die, the second (which happens to be CME) has to fix their laptop, and Idk about the third. But have I bugged them (especially CME) about getting the theme done? I think not.

It also took quite a few days for my one RP to be viewed by Alter, and I didn't care.

So like Sublime somewhat said, patience is a virtue. If this forum was watched over by more than one mod (though personally, Alter seems like she can handle it on her own), then it might not take this long. Just wait, and in time your RP will be accepted/rejected. As long as there hasn't been a verdict, do something else. Play outside, read a book, post in other RPs or in other places around the forums. There's plenty things you can do besides being impatient over an RP that has yet to be judged.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I haven't PM'd them at all. All I'm wondering is why it was so quick for them to make a decision about my last RP, but this new one hasn't been approved for days.

And it's a weekend.

Oh, another thing to add to Sublime's and Fia's response, I'd like to tell you that Alter does have to read through every pending thread, and maybe she saw some threads by more know roleplayers that are good that she knows (I'm not saying that you are a bad RPer, just that you aren't known around this section.) that Alter would like to read through their's first, and they would probably have long plots to read.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Oh, another thing to add to Sublime's and Fia's response, I'd like to tell you that Alter does have to read through every pending thread, and maybe she saw some threads by more know roleplayers that are good that she knows (I'm not saying that you are a bad RPer, just that you aren't known around this section.) that Alter would like to read through their's first, and they would probably have long plots to read.

This is going out on a limb, hun. Regardless of who the RPer is, I read through their thread completely before approving or declining it. I also don't pass any moderating decisions until I have viewed all threads currently under moderation. My attempt at being as 'fair' as I can. ;P

Anyway, I acknowledge that I've been terribly slow with the thread moderation lately, but right now I just have an awful lot of commitments (both RL and forum-related) on my plate, so I'll have to just ask for your continued patience a bit longer while I sort them out. Once I do, I intend to get back to daily thread moderation and approval/declining like I started out with and then we can go back to the good old 24 hours' wait maximum.

Flax

Bang.
    Years
  • Well, being incredibly off-topic here - a notorious habit of mine, but this issue has been bothering me greatly.. well, not really but still like to get it off my chest. What's Alter's gender? I'm new here - somewhat - and from what I've seen, alot of people have been adressing Alter with masculine pronouns which gave me the impression of him being a guy. But here, everyone seems to be refering Alter as female?

It's an odd question coming from me who usually doesn't give that much concern over one's gender (which is why I often avoid using gender pronouns, repeating their names constantly) - but I'm really confused now and I'll appreciate if someone can answer this - perferbably Alter himself.. er, or herself. XD

But onto RP-related stuff..

Well - I just wanna inform about my recent RP "Earth Heart". It's been accepted but seeing as it's lurking around in the second page, I doubt anyone's gunna join, that or it'll take a long time before someone finally takes notice of it's presense. Earth Heart is a simple and light-hearted stories, like many of my RPs.

And just to save anyone's troubles into reading the plot of the RP, I'll just quickly summarize it here. Basically - the world is being invaded by Alians (combination of Alia "Other" and Aliens) and your hometown, Green Grass Village, has been taken over completely by their forces. Assisted by a Jirachi (nicknamed Chi), you have to travel around the region of Tetral to search for eight Spirit Stars which have been sealed away by the Alians, in their attempt to rid the world of it's hope so they won't have a hard time taking over the world.

Most of Earth Heart has been inspired by the Mother series (Earthbound), so to anyone who has played those games might realize a few influencial references here and there.

In constrast to most Pokemon RPs I've seen (not particularly from this forum), the story of Earth Heart doesn't feature Pokemon as battling pets but more like traditional monsters and animals. If there's one thing that grinds my gears in Pokemon RPs, it's the overusage of Pokemon. Human characters rely way too much on Pokemon and often neglect their own capabilities which often makes most RPs look really juvenile in terms of a proper storyline, especially since people enjoy making their Pokemon flawless and uber-like. Another problem is that most Pokemon, and this seriously gets on my nerves, lack real personality and characteristics that it almost feels like they're mindless robots, slaves to their trainers.

Years
  • Newbie Question

Hi there, I'm actually wondering how I can join an RP without violating any rules of the particular RP, cause as we all know, many RP's are already progressing at a quick rate and I dont really think I'm allowed to just jump in without warning. So I'm asking, do I need to be invited, or is there a sign-up thread somewhere I can post myself up on to start rping? Sorry to bother anyone with such a newbie question. XD

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Hi there, I'm actually wondering how I can join an RP without violating any rules of the particular RP, cause as we all know, many RP's are already progressing at a quick rate and I dont really think I'm allowed to just jump in without warning. So I'm asking, do I need to be invited, or is there a sign-up thread somewhere I can post myself up on to start rping? Sorry to bother anyone with such a newbie question. XD

Well, if a thread has started and you want to join, post in the OOC thread and ask the RP Master [GameMaster]. I will warn you that it is very hard just to 'jump' into a progressing RP, because you can easily get further behind or lost. If I were you, I'd just wait until a new RP comes around so you can start with everyone else.

PokePhil101

Eevee Master
    Years
  • anyone planning on starting a new Rp soon ive never done it before but looking forward to playing whit as many as possible! just wondering id would rather start a new one then to jump in another that has started months ago. ^^ ty.

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
    Years
  • I didn't read the hole thread, so I don't kno if this has been asked yet, but do you need a second person to do an RP? I usually see RPs ith two people so i just wanted to know.

I don't think I saw this in the rules thread so if it's in there sorry.

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
  • I didn't read the hole thread, so I don't kno if this has been asked yet, but do you need a second person to do an RP? I usually see RPs ith two people so i just wanted to know.

I don't think I saw this in the rules thread so if it's in there sorry.

No, you can run the RP all on your own. Generally, when people have seconds, or 'co-owners', its so that if the main RP master is gone for a few days, and the players have posted, the second can grade their post so that the players may continue. Its also to talk about future chapters, what it'll be like, what pokemon will show up, ect. I mean, really, you can do an RP on your own. :)

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
  • I read your post, Flax, and I agree with you completely.

If there's one thing that drives me nuts about pokemon, it's the personality-drained pokemon and its "fight for me, because I'm a wimp!" trainer.

That's why I created the fanfic chara Ikiji, and his pokemon Matsuko. He's not a traditional trainer, in that he isn't after badges and the like...and he's not afraid to get his hands dirty right beside his partner.

And Matsuko is an actual person (metaphorically speaking.) She has her own views on things like justice, freedom, and the like. She's also a sadistic electrophile who enjoys injuring her adversaries, not to mention anyone else who ticks her off.

Since I made the chara, it's been hard to RP with any other one. I can't make a standard trainer, I just can't. Ikiji's grown on me, him and his sociopathic Pikachu.

Anyone else got any stand-out charas that you just can't let go?

Flax

Bang.
    Years
  • Well recently, a stand-out character (in my opinion) would be the newcomer Hero - and after taking a closer look, he has became one of my favourite characters, as he reminds me of myself and as well as those around me. Cowardly and timid but strong in both body and heart, he utlizes his fears and bad traits in an uncanny but comical way to overcome tough obstacles, making him one of my undoubtably strongest characters.

Which is why I feel a little dumb putting Hero into a Pokemon RP, especially in one that isn't being well recognized and lacks a significant amount of attention, with people not joining. I'm unsure of what to do at the moment - I've been thinking of having Earth Heart closed or deleted so I can start out fresh, making a new version of Earth Heart - one with a plot that people may get into more easily, as there was a negative reception to the whole Alien invaders aspect.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
  • Cool. I'm trying to get an RP of my own set up, but with only one Mod, it might take awhile.

Let me know what you decide, I might want to join.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Gah. Lots of reading XD

I haven't had the greatest amount of RP experience, but I have read a lot of it, so I assume that helps (this would be my first pokemon RP, but I've done some other fan base RPing as well).

I just don't know where to start, or rather, which thread to join, haha.

I guess since there are no character bio threads, that we'd make a new character for each thread (aside from those people that like to carry their character over)?

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2022
    I have an idea for a pokemon RP. All i have is the plot, and main character but nothing else. I'm wondering if anyone would help me with the rest. I'm not a known RPer here since I just started but I am known in some other RP forums. This would be my first time in a pokemon RP.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Hmm first you could take into consideration of the pokemon you might introduce, as well as the characters.

Lets say most of the pokemon you introduce are rock pokemon, then you can have the setting perhaps in Pewter City (fans of Brock) or in a cave (their natural habitat).

Because it is your own RP too, you can still describe wherever you want the setting to be (within canon, such as town names). You can also look at specific anime episodes, and its respective place in a game. If you don't have that information readily available, a pokemon wiki will always help :)

Make sure to also be concise about your setting too, because sometimes, skilled RPers may come in, and forward the setting to their advantage.

For example, lets say your setting was near a volcanoe, but you didn't say much about it. An RPer can then come in and say it is an active volcanoe and that would greatly help their fire pokemon. I mean you could still GM the thread to prevent this, but others might not like these 'in the middle of the story' changes.

But using lots of detail is whats most important :)

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2022
    Actualy, i'm thinking it would start in a completely new region which is like a cross between Hoen and Jhoto (I'm calling it "Vulnar"). family of the main character would be introduced and played by me but the other open spots (3: comic relief, love interest, and voice of reason) would be up to whoever joins.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Making a new region is no problem too (I would think, I am not sure on the specifics of creating a new region), you just might have to describe it a bit more (a map may even help). Of course however you'd still have to follow physics and such. Though I don't think new breeds of pokemon are allowed. I can double check that.

EDIT: I can't find anything on both those things, so it would appear that you could have both new pokemon and settings with valid reason.

Last edited:

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2022
    I didn't plan on any new pokemon as it'd take too much effort and I'm lazy like that ^_^. I could use some help with the mapping (what pokemon are found where and such as well as naming places) though.

Back