• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Roleplay Discussion

Garouga! Bare Your Fangs!

Throw your fangs up!
    Years
    Then... make it? Are you asking for anything in particular?
    Also, had an interesting idea for a roleplay after seeing the Global Police guy in FireRed again and being reminded of Looker. A crack team of officers go and actually try and bring down Team Generic Evil Guys (name pending) before some 11 year old beats them to it... but one of them (the actual player characters) is a spy, working with the GM. You'll have everyone suspecting each other even when they're meant to be working together.
    It's an obvious concept, probably been done before many times but for some reason it only just occured to me.

I've never seen that done before. It's a brilliant and interesting concept, but the main worry would be what direction the plot should go in. Would the spy be the main plotline, or would it be a side-plot to the team actually busting bad guys? The first option would be a bad idea because it would result in the RP being over in a matter of days when the process of elimination exposed the spy.

However, I think having that as something on the side would be an interesting kick to a good action RP. It has my blessing.

Years
    My opinions of the idea above.

1.) There are a lack of Pokemon RPG's which you may play as a legendary. While this does drastically decrease the posibilities of Pokemon to choose from, it would make an interesting, and refreshing change of pace for an RPG.

2.) Crossovers. In my opinion, they don't work. Many ideas and rules from one story combined with the other can result in a far too complicated, and often contradictive Role-play, which many would find difficult to follow effectively.

3. Erm... Insert a criticism of your choice.

All in all, it could make for an interesting RPG, but the fact that it would be a cross-over Role-play would reduce my likeliness of joining said game. While my report of your idea may be short, and possibly of little help, I just thought I'd voice my opinions here.

Or how about the legendary pokemon have to protect their world and their lives from a threat like maybe dark legendaries. And mysteriously Arceus has a long lost mate who was captured, suffering in another dimension. All the villians from each of the pokemon movies and games made these dark legends and are trying to overthrow the light legends and are trying to enslave the planet.

Years
    Obviously it would be a side plot... until perhaps the finale of the story. The intensity and such of the main plot would have to be good in order to actually cover up the Spy's actions. The problem is with the savviness of the players being greater than the characters...
    Unless you mind screw everyone and not actually have any characters be the Spy...
    Dang, it could be fun.

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
    Years
    Or how about the legendary pokemon have to protect their world and their lives from a threat like maybe dark legendaries. And mysteriously Arceus has a long lost mate who was captured, suffering in another dimension. All the villians from each of the pokemon movies and games made these dark legends and are trying to overthrow the light legends and are trying to enslave the planet.

It still sounds a little... cluttered, to me. A possible new idea could be this- (Roughly, obviously...)

---
    All is well in Pokemon land, etc, etc. However, there have been... disapearences lately. This is usually between ordinary Pokemon, like Weedle, or Starly, so takes little effect on the world, and is barely noticed other than by professors who have noticed the recent decline of the species.

This started rather fluently, but these dissapearences have become more intense. 'Insert legendary here' has become one of the ever increasing list of dissapearences, and now it has become serious.

Messages have been sent to some of the most highly renowned Pokemon across the regions, in some hope that they can end these occurences.

Unfortunatly for the gathering of Pokemon, someone is watching them, and has planned for this, and will do eveything in there power to stop them.
    ---
    This is a rather brief, and un-thoughtout Role-play idea, and needs a lot of work. But hey, it could work... Just hope this helps keep the ideas flowing Dialga's Song Of Time!

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    Then... make it? Are you asking for anything in particular?
    Also, had an interesting idea for a roleplay after seeing the Global Police guy in FireRed again and being reminded of Looker. A crack team of officers go and actually try and bring down Team Generic Evil Guys (name pending) before some 11 year old beats them to it... but one of them (the actual player characters) is a spy, working with the GM. You'll have everyone suspecting each other even when they're meant to be working together.
    It's an obvious concept, probably been done before many times but for some reason it only just occured to me.

It seems very original but it also is quite a bit like deathnote imo.

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2010
    Pokemon Roleplay is suitable for any age.

Pokemon Roleplay is suitable for any age.

Geranyl

Resident Pikachu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2011
    Hm. I'm tossing ideas around for a new Pokemon roleplay right now, and might throw something up tomorrow; I'm posting here just to see who exactly might be interested. Thanks. If you're involved in a lot of RPs, then please refrain from joining more. @.@

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
    Hm. I'm tossing ideas around for a new Pokemon roleplay right now, and might throw something up tomorrow; I'm posting here just to see who exactly might be interested. Thanks. If you're involved in a lot of RPs, then please refrain from joining more. @.@

May be interested. More information please? :P

dragonite149

I am not male
    Years
    sounds cool! Do you have to apply/stuff? or can you come in at any time?
    You just have to sign up and get accepted! Its as easy as that! Also, your first post will begin at Professor Rowan's lab, and will end with you walking out of the lab. Events inbetween will be getting a starter Pokemon. These are prearranged for you. So, if I say you get a starter you don't like, you get that starter. Not another starter, but the starter I say is prearranged for you. I can also give opening sentences to help the unsure RPers along the path. But they have to do more than that sentence.

Years
    ^Sounds interesting but Isshu is too new IMO for that.

I made a RP also but am now just waiting for approval (hopefully I get an approval).

Here is the detail if anyone is interested:

Title: The Aftermath of the Pokemon War

The Region:
    We are in a very dark and gloomy region known as Evangeor. In this region there has been chaos for several years. It all started when Giovanni created his Team Rocket organization and had them create an artificial pokemon named Mewtwo. With this new pokemon he defeated the old ruling class and conquered the kingdom. But a mysterious trainer emerged one day with his Arceus and freed Mewtwo from Giovanni's control. The Arceus and Mewtwo waged war against each other for decades which caused all the other legendary pokemon to appear and take part in this war. In the aftermath of the war, many of the legendary pokemon died and others were sealed (Mewtwo as one of them) and others have disappeared from the radar never to be seen again. Arceus, with his last bit of energy left, revived all the pokemon in the world but they were all created in their basic form because that was all the power he had left. No one knows what happened to Arceus after this.

The Aftermath:
    With the loss of Mewtwo, Giovanni was easily captured by the police. But his other nobles did not face the same fate and they have been wrecking havoc on the village for years now. And you found out that there were higher executives than Giovanni who are now running the show. And you find out that he was just a puppet as they have taken over the region where he is imprisoned and have kept him a prisoner. Employed with their evolved pokemon, they have taken over many of the neighboring states. There are a total of five safe states, each ruled by a "champion" who has banned new trainers from emerging. These states are Evangeor (Steven), Lavignor (Wallace), Katy (Gary), Dragnior (Lance), and Octavius (Ash). Each year they allow five trainers to train and get strong enough to help defeat these Team Rocket foes. But recently one of these champions, Wallace, has fallen and lost his Milotic to the Team Rocket captain of the region. But before the state falls completely, Wallace entrusts ten trainers with special pokemon to help save the world from this evil team. These trainers all have a special aura about them, one that has not been seen since the legendaries. And this takes us to today

Today:
    You are starting your journey today. You are entrusted with a starter pokemon and have to set out on your journey to defeat the Team Rocket enemies. Wallace, before he fell to Team Rocket shielded you from danger and allowed you to leave the land and move to a nearby region, Evangeor. From there, you meet the champion Steven who was a close friend of Wallace. He has given you 5 pokeball, 2 great ball, and 1 ultra ball to start your journey. You have also been entrusted with 5 potions, 2 super potions, and 1 hyper potion while you are out there. Your job is to get strong enough to eliminate Team Rocket and eventually get rid of the Headquarter. On your way, you will meet a few trainers who will assist you in some way and also meet a few special pokemon that you can capture.

dragonite149

I am not male
    Years
    ^Sounds interesting but Isshu is too new IMO for that.

I made a RP also but am now just waiting for approval (hopefully I get an approval).

Here is the detail if anyone is interested:

Title: The Aftermath of the Pokemon War

The Region:
    We are in a very dark and gloomy region known as Evangeor. In this region there has been chaos for several years. It all started when Giovanni created his Team Rocket organization and had them create an artificial pokemon named Mewtwo. With this new pokemon he defeated the old ruling class and conquered the kingdom. But a mysterious trainer emerged one day with his Arceus and freed Mewtwo from Giovanni's control. The Arceus and Mewtwo waged war against each other for decades which caused all the other legendary pokemon to appear and take part in this war. In the aftermath of the war, many of the legendary pokemon died and others were sealed (Mewtwo as one of them) and others have disappeared from the radar never to be seen again. Arceus, with his last bit of energy left, revived all the pokemon in the world but they were all created in their basic form because that was all the power he had left. No one knows what happened to Arceus after this.

The Aftermath:
    With the loss of Mewtwo, Giovanni was easily captured by the police. But his other nobles did not face the same fate and they have been wrecking havoc on the village for years now. And you found out that there were higher executives than Giovanni who are now running the show. And you find out that he was just a puppet as they have taken over the region where he is imprisoned and have kept him a prisoner. Employed with their evolved pokemon, they have taken over many of the neighboring states. There are a total of five safe states, each ruled by a "champion" who has banned new trainers from emerging. These states are Evangeor (Steven), Lavignor (Wallace), Katy (Gary), Dragnior (Lance), and Octavius (Ash). Each year they allow five trainers to train and get strong enough to help defeat these Team Rocket foes. But recently one of these champions, Wallace, has fallen and lost his Milotic to the Team Rocket captain of the region. But before the state falls completely, Wallace entrusts ten trainers with special pokemon to help save the world from this evil team. These trainers all have a special aura about them, one that has not been seen since the legendaries. And this takes us to today

Today:
    You are starting your journey today. You are entrusted with a starter pokemon and have to set out on your journey to defeat the Team Rocket enemies. Wallace, before he fell to Team Rocket shielded you from danger and allowed you to leave the land and move to a nearby region, Evangeor. From there, you meet the champion Steven who was a close friend of Wallace. He has given you 5 pokeball, 2 great ball, and 1 ultra ball to start your journey. You have also been entrusted with 5 potions, 2 super potions, and 1 hyper potion while you are out there. Your job is to get strong enough to eliminate Team Rocket and eventually get rid of the Headquarter. On your way, you will meet a few trainers who will assist you in some way and also meet a few special pokemon that you can capture.
    I know Isshu is new, but that means you can get new Pokemon and go to new places in the RP. However, I'm thinking about changing it into another region. Also, your RP sounds good, but I expect a map of the region in the actual RP. Also, a list of starter Pokemon would be good.

Last edited:
    Years
    I have both in the actual RP thread I posted... Just did not think I should add it here as it would be too big for a post

BTW here is another one of my RP that I have thought about doing... What do ya think of this one. What can be improved, what do you like?

Title: Pokemon: "Ninja Affairs"

Plot: You have just passed your high school exam and you are now ready to start the pokemon world and become a trainer. Your first day, you run into Professor Oak who gives you a choice of pokemon to choose from in your journey (the fire, water, leaf types in Kanto--> Sinnoh, or Pikachu/Eevee/Togepi). The village you are a part of, Konoha, is the home of Konoha's Pokemon League and champion (Cynthia). In this village you are given your pokemon and go against other villagers while you look to improve your rank and move up in the society to become the best. The only way you get stronger is by taking on missions. Missions are given everyday and can only have a total of 3 participants. The village also has a strict rule that every new member has to go on a mission before people can go on their second mission. This year, there have been 6 participants who will take on the challenges, you are one of the six. These missions are meant to give you monetary value, help level up your own pokemon, and allow you to capture wild pokemon that can not be found while you roam around waiting to get your mission. While you are not doing a mission, you can still go and capture wild pokemon. It is highly encouraged that you do as you are going against these other village members and thus you must build the best possible team. And you never know when a specific pokemon might become a lifesaver in one of your missions. The problem is that you are only given 2 pokeball to start, so you are very limited in what you can do. This is one of the perks of the missions, to increase money. After completing a certain amount of these missions you will move up ranking until you are strong enough to challenge the gym leaders. There are 8 gym leaders in total who are highly ranked ninjas in this village. They have gone through the same rigorous training before and are ready for almost anything. Most likely they will always have pokemon that are stronger than yours, but there can be exceptions. It will take heavy strategy to beat them as brute force will not work. There will also be occasional tournaments held in the village where you can fight trainers of various rankings, some of whom might be the same RPer you face. If you are able to obtain all 8 badges, you can then enter in the pokemon league that will involve the greatest trainers of the village. If you survive this, you will then face off against the Elite ninjas and then the champion Cynthia. If you completely win and reign as the new champion, you will become the new protector of the village... Well not necessarily you but your pokemon. In the end, only a select few will move on to a new village where there will be more challenges. As there are a total of 5 villages in this region, and there might be regions not yet discovered. These new villages will have stronger pokemon and stronger trainer, and will be more of a challenge for you. You are allowed to choose one pokemon to carry with you. It will not be your pokemon as that one was retired, but rather a base form of it with all of the same attacks. You will then start again at the lowest rank and have to move up again... As you are going against people who have done well in their own village also, people who are on par in their tactics.

Now an overview of the "Ninja Villages"

There are five villages: Konoha, Amegakure, Sunagakure, Kumogakure, and Iwagakure. Each of them combine to form the "Ninja Nation." There are other nations also but the major focus, at least for now, will be this Ninja Nation. Each village has their own champion who is the head of the village, and each one has their own gyms, pokemon leagues, and elite fours. The village we are focusing on is Konoha which is the starting point for these trainers. Each has their own special system of "missions" to earn rewards, and each has their own form of rewards. Konoha is known for providing money as the main reward, and this money is extremely valuable for daily activities (you will see further down). You are born in the village called Konoha and there you can create your own background and your own story.

Now let's get into Konoha

Konoha has special missions that involve either finding an item, defeating a trainer, or rescuing specific people. Prior to each mission there will be guidelines with certain routes that one can take to start out, and a goal. The purpose for the ninjas is to write an entire writeup to solve the mission. You will be judged on this mission and given a letter grade which goes with how much money you will get. The grades will be from A to F and your monetary value will go from $100 to -$20. Being the best of the three does not necessarily give you an A, and it can be possible that two people get A's also. You are encouraged to solve the case in the most fitting way. You can choose to work together or choose to harm each other to solve this mission. Failing a mission will result in losing money and can also result in losing a rank. You start at Rank D and have to move up to Rank S before you can challenge the league. The improvement will be based on how well you do in the missions. Your pokemon might also get bonus moves from how well you do in the mission, but level will not be dependent on the missions at all. Levels will be based on your battling skills against wild pokemon, and against trainers. There will be a list of trainers and their pokemon posted, and a list of wild pokemon you can try to capture. There is a drawback though, so you can not take full advantage. You only get 1 potion and you will only get a free healing on some special occasions. You must pay to have your pokemon healed, it costs $20 per basic pokemon you want healed, and the amount increases when your pokemon evolve. You will get a notification that your pokemon can evolve, but you don't necessarily need to evolve it. And your pokemon can have a limitless amount of attacks so don't worry about that... So be wise with how you handle the mission as $$ is very crucial for healing. It is near impossible to complete a mission without at least battling one pokemon (wild or trainer), but maybe you can surprise me with your writing.

That is it for now: Now it is your time to sign up. Here is the information

Name: [First and last]
    Your personality: [2 Paragraph Min]
    Your background: [2 Paragraph Min]. Basically I want to know why you decided to take on this ninja challenge...
    Starter:

I have not thought of all the rules yet but here are a few I have thought of:

1. You must pay $20 to heal your pokemon
    2. Beating trainers will not give you any $$...
    3. You can write 3-4 trainer battles, and wild pokemon battle if you want per post. I will judge them and determine if you win or not.
    This is something you should consider heavily because if you want a lousy first battle, you could end up with a pokemon too weak to fight in the other battles and end up losing them all and ending up with a failed grade.
    4. There will be no legendaries available to capture in the wild. But this isn't too much of an issue as I will tell you what pokemon are available to capture, and tell you their difficulty...
    This does not necessarily mean that there will be no legendaries at all. Monetary value comes in handy here also because for the price of $500 dollars you will get a random drawing of a legendary that you can go on a route to try to capture. They will be very difficult to capture though.
    5. You must buy extra pokeball, greatball, and ultra ball if you plan to capture more. I'll post the Pokemon Market amounts for everything you can buy so you need not worry too much about this right now.
    The balls are important because some pokemon will be near impossible to catch with a regular pokeball. A very rare pokemon will need a greatball most likely to even be considered. A legendary will need an ultra ball most definitely. There will be no master ball.
    6. You can pick up special items on your mission, but only one per mission. You can not write what it is, but you must write where you found it. I will judge your statement and determine what item to give you based on how good your writing is. If it is not good at all, you will get a pebble which is useless.
    7. There is a limit of 6 pokemon on your team at any time, the rest you keep at home. But you can switch pokemon in and out... Only prior to going on a mission though, so you must have your team when you go out.
    8. Be sure to post your team before each mission so I can easily judge how to reward your team. It would be beneficial for you to list the pokemon, their level, and their moveset so it is easy for me to judge...

Last edited:
    Years
    Hey guys! I just joined and I have a plot that I just submitted for approval, but I was wondering: am I allowed to participate in my own plot? Because the way that it's set up, I can do so without using "control for the board" to interfere with the plot. What's the policy on that?

Years
    Hey guys! I just joined and I have a plot that I just submitted for approval, but I was wondering: am I allowed to participate in my own plot? Because the way that it's set up, I can do so without using "control for the board" to interfere with the plot. What's the policy on that?
    As far as I know, there's no rule against you participating in your own RPs. In fact, many people have done it on this forum before. The only thing you have to worry about is that you participate fairly, and from what you've said it looks like you'll do that just fine.

Years
    Or you can do what dragonite149 did... He had someone else (me) moderate it for him so he did not control his own fate

Years
    Most RP mods do actively participate as characters in their RPs in message based games. Also, when and why was this de-stickied?

Back