• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Pokemon rom hacking - Enforcing overworld poison effect.

Days
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 25, 2023
    Hi,

I'm sorry if this question was already asked somewhere else or if I put this is the wrong forum.

I'm making a new small Emerald rom hack and I wanted to add an overworld effect as if the world itselfs "glitches". Now I looked into a bit and I think the overworld poison effect could give me this kind of desired effect.
    I tried looking into if it was possible to enforce this effect with a script and as far as I could find nobody has really a good source for it.
    I have found out you could give a pokemon a status effect, but that was not exactly the effect I was looking for (I could possible use that as an alternative though).

So I wondered if anyone knows if its possible to write a script that would enforce the overwold poison effect? Ideally without the sound of poison or actually decreasing the pokemons health in the party, but if that is a necessary side effect, then I could live with that.
    If you know of another way I could generate an overworld effect that I could use to make it feel like the world "glitches", feel free to post something here as well.

thanks for your help in advance.

Back