• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon RPG for wii

woooooohooooooooooooo

Hardcore trainer? i think so
    Years
    i think they should make an pokemon RPG for wii. Like your mii could be your trainer
    and battling could be like in SSBB when your the pokemon trainer and you can move on your own instead of it just being like its your turn than theirs and back and forth and back and forth because it gets a little old and i think it would be more fun if you can acctually "battle" with your pokemon the way you want them to move and things like that

so what do you guys think?

Gamethief19

That's what she said.....
    Years
    that would be incredibly amazing!!! i didnt really pokemon coliseum or pokemon XD for gamecube since you could only catch certain pokemon, but if a REAL pokemon game was made for wii i would definitely pre order it and get it the first day it comes out.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    i think they should make an pokemon RPG for wii. Like your mii could be your trainer
    and battling could be like in SSBB when your the pokemon trainer and you can move on your own instead of it just being like its your turn than theirs and back and forth and back and forth because it gets a little old and i think it would be more fun if you can acctually "battle" with your pokemon the way you want them to move and things like that

so what do you guys think?
    While I think that a Pokemon RPG title for the Wii would be great, I don't really agree on your idea for the combat system. Bear in mind that the combat in SSBB is designed to put characters' strengths and weaknesses completely out of proportion. Also, transitioning from purely strategic combat to combat that mostly relies on button-mashing would probably debase most of Pokemon's RPG audience. If it used something similar to ATB in Final Fantasy, I'd definitely be interested. I also liked the combat in Digimon Worlds Dawn and Dusk, their method of handling battles with multiple monsters was much more complex than Pokemon's.

Also, I think that having a Mii as a trainer would get in the way of the game's visual style. One of the main things that makes Pokemon unique is how it looks, so using Miis would probably make it feel distinctly less Pokemon-like.

Dark Banette

♫♫♫♪♪
    Years
    Ooh. I wish there was one. Maybe it could have graphics like in Pokemon Battle Revolution. That would be totally awesome. =3
    Although I wouldn't want real combat in the game. The only reason I play Pokemon is because I can evaluate the opponent and pick my move carefully. I'm not really the kind of person who likes quick thinking moves.

Also, I think that having a Mii as a trainer would get in the way of the game's visual style. One of the main things that makes Pokemon unique is how it looks, so using Miis would probably make it feel distinctly less Pokemon-like.
    I also saw this as a problem. Like icomeanon said, the graphichs would interfere with each other. In Pokemon they look more realistic, where Mii's look like clay. (Too me that is.)
    And Mii's don't have hands. They basically have dots for hands. So it would be awkward if they threw a poke' ball. x3

BigfootTheUnbeatable

Phillies World Champions 2008!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2009
    I agree with what most of icomeanon6 says. I would make the combat system still turn based, but perhaps like Final Fantasy XII where you can run around and the lock on and attack in real time. But still make it turn-based.

Also, it would be cool if you had character creation, but not Miis. I feel that it would defect from the game's style. A fully interactive story would be kewl though too.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    A fully interactive story would be kewl though too.
    Excellent point. Given the immense amount of space that Wii discs have when compared to cartridges and memory sticks, I'd expect a much more involved and deep storyline. An actual conversation system where you pick from multiple intelligent responses (as opposed to "yes" or "no") would probably help in that regard.

Actually, what I'm really wondering is how the motion sensitivity of the Wiimote would be incorporated. I imagine that the motion for throwing a Poke Ball would get redundant after a while.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Actually, what I'm really wondering is how the motion sensitivity of the Wiimote would be incorporated. I imagine that the motion for throwing a Poke Ball would get redundant after a while.
    Hmm... mini-games maybe? The Game-corner is an idea...
    Also, maybe they could have the Pokeball throw with the wii-mote action an option (along with text speed, frames, etc options in the handheld games), or it does it as well if you press a button, so you have the option to do so or not.

Gamethief19

That's what she said.....
    Years
    Yes they really should make a pokemon RPG for the Wii. I believe it would be a very big success. and while I'm here... I heard you can surf the internet on a Wii is this true? Please answer me this question.

yes you can get on the internet on the wii, the "channel" used to be free, but now it costs like 500-1000 wii points. its definitely not worth it, unless you dont have a computer with internet access. if you do, dont get the channel and just use your computer, its a lot easier

Back