• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: POKEMON Ruby Destiny - Reign Of Legends

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2011
    How come some pokemon like mewtwo have there diamond and pearl sprite but some don't like groudon?
    why is shadow lugia's sprite a picture from xd gale of darkness?

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
    How come some pokemon like mewtwo have there diamond and pearl sprite but some don't like groudon?
    why is shadow lugia's sprite a picture from xd gale of darkness?

Well, some look better as D/P sprites. It would also get annoying to replace every one.

As for the shadow lugia, where else would the sprite come from?

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
    Some people can create custom sprites from scratch you know! ;)

Yeah, i know!
    I was just wondering why he asked that? He made it sound like it was a big deal or something.

About that sprite, the outlines need to be done a little better, but i know it's hard to insert it, it was probably bigger before. (I shouldn't be talking, i stink at making sprites!)

hayvan999

Psychic power!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2011
    i have a question on beta 3. do you actually get to fight the elite four in it?? caz i have all legenderies all badges and idk what to do now

Years
    i have a question on beta 3. do you actually get to fight the elite four in it?? caz i have all legenderies all badges and idk what to do now

yes.....u get there from Ultima City, use waterfall to go up..........

and holy ****, i downloaded beta 4.0 only a few days ago, and now beta 4.3 came out? NO!!!! I'm already up to the 8th gym and now i have to restart, OMFG.........i hate this :(

and i have a few questions:

1. How do u get a pokeblock case? I forgot
    2. How do u get the item in ring path? The one near where the legendary pokemon is, i forgot which one.........there's an item just on a little land.
    3. How do u get the item in Franchia Cave? I know there are lots but it's the one near where the Hiker is, and there's only one hiker on that map.

sry since i'm playing it on my fone i can't take screenshots, well i can but it'll probably crash my emulator and lags or w/e.......meh i'm lazy

and maybe DJG u can change a few things around so that when u start with Treeko it's easier? I've had a hard time getting past the first 4 gyms because they're all types that have more advantage compare to leaf (Treeko), it's very hard to progress when u first start off with him..........maybe u can edit Treeko's stats or maybe change the lvls or type of the gyms? I know that's a lot of work but it's not fair for ppl with Treeko as a starter, and sure some ppl might say that in official pokemon games some gyms are harder depending on what starter pokemon u choose, but normally leaf pokemon are the easiest to lvl up and easiest to use but in this case it's not, especially when u have problem to fight against 4 gyms in a row that have more advantage than u.........

and sure some ppl might say, just don't start with Treeko, well then we might as well have 2 starter pokemons then......

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Before I released Beta 4, I choose Treecko, and I didn't had a hard time, though...
    And you don't need to restart your game just to play Beta 4.3... ;)
    You can continue.

And those items were Escape Ropes, and I don't wanna have Escape Ropes in my hack, so I put them there. :D

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
    yes.....u get there from Ultima City, use waterfall to go up..........

and holy ****, i downloaded beta 4.0 only a few days ago, and now beta 4.3 came out? NO!!!! I'm already up to the 8th gym and now i have to restart, OMFG.........i hate this :(

and i have a few questions:

1. How do u get a pokeblock case? I forgot
    2. How do u get the item in ring path? The one near where the legendary pokemon is, i forgot which one.........there's an item just on a little land.
    3. How do u get the item in Franchia Cave? I know there are lots but it's the one near where the Hiker is, and there's only one hiker on that map.

sry since i'm playing it on my fone i can't take screenshots, well i can but it'll probably crash my emulator and lags or w/e.......meh i'm lazy

and maybe DJG u can change a few things around so that when u start with Treeko it's easier? I've had a hard time getting past the first 4 gyms because they're all types that have more advantage compare to leaf (Treeko), it's very hard to progress when u first start off with him..........maybe u can edit Treeko's stats or maybe change the lvls or type of the gyms? I know that's a lot of work but it's not fair for ppl with Treeko as a starter, and sure some ppl might say that in official pokemon games some gyms are harder depending on what starter pokemon u choose, but normally leaf pokemon are the easiest to lvl up and easiest to use but in this case it's not, especially when u have problem to fight against 4 gyms in a row that have more advantage than u.........

and sure some ppl might say, just don't start with Treeko, well then we might as well have 2 starter pokemons then......
    Well, every game, there is an underdog starter, one that is hard and a challenge. Treeko happens to be it in R/S/E.

So, don't complain, and catch other pokemon to help you, is the only advice i can give you.

hayvan999

Psychic power!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2011
    dja i found a bug in beta 3 and idk if its in beta 4 but when my prinplup was lvl 36 it evolved to empolium as it should be. but when i checked empolium's stats it was lvl 38! and the xp bar was like almost filled up and it was rdy to be lvl 39 already. then i reloaded the game and i thought of trying to evolve prinplup at lvl 37 now and when it did it empolium was lvl 39 and was rdy to be lvl 40! so its like skipping 2 lvls and is being rdy to lvl up.

and how do u get to ultima city in beta 3??

Last edited:

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Nice game, I tried the beta. (not all of it yet maybe later) It was actually much better than i thought.

Years
    dja i found a bug in beta 3 and idk if its in beta 4 but when my prinplup was lvl 36 it evolved to empolium as it should be. but when i checked empolium's stats it was lvl 38! and the xp bar was like almost filled up and it was rdy to be lvl 39 already. then i reloaded the game and i thought of trying to evolve prinplup at lvl 37 now and when it did it empolium was lvl 39 and was rdy to be lvl 40! so its like skipping 2 lvls and is being rdy to lvl up.

and how do u get to ultima city in beta 3??

well then, u just saved urself 2 lvls :D

to get to ultima city, it's the first place where u meet Blitz........just start from the first town and go up.......don't u have fly by now? U should just fly there............

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I think you should switch to Beta 4.3 now, since in Beta 3, Empoleon is ugly to look at... :\

hayvan999

Psychic power!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2011
    well then, u just saved urself 2 lvls :D

to get to ultima city, it's the first place where u meet Blitz........just start from the first town and go up.......don't u have fly by now? U should just fly there............

omg i totally forgot about that place! thx so much!

I think you should switch to Beta 4.3 now, since in Beta 3, Empoleon is ugly to look at... :\

i will but i wanna test the powers of my pokemon in beta 3 by facing the elite four so when i start beta 4.3 i know which pokemon i should catch and which i shouldnt

and this is very weird! i just found dialga a bunch of times in victory road in beta 3. am i supposed to?

Last edited:

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    that's already fixed in beta 4...

I forgot to remove that rhydon there when I inserted Dialga... -_-

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Well, the last time I didn't play it fully, but this time I did finish the B4. And... Apparently it's kinda over, isn't it? (maybe a fixes here and there, but it's almost finished I guess...)

The game to me was really entertaining and of course VERY long. Visually speaking it's not too stunning, but the new tiles do their work. I like more the fact of the game being entertaining, though :)
    I enjoyed battling against so many legends, even though all I really cared was catching Palkia (OBVIOUSLY) and that evil Dark Lugia (which gave me the hardest battles ever -_-)

Hmmm... Couldn't one of your spriters try to make a Ruby-like Blitz overworld...? The DP one looks like a giant when you compare it to all the other overworlds in the game...

The big problem the game has are all the Ruby-based events, keeping them is not really a good idea, as it takes some of the originality of the game, which should be a brand new game, supposedly. Do you have any plans to change them, or you can't or you don't want to change them?

To spot a couple of problems (the ones that I remember)

*When you are supposed to activate the script outside Cycling Road (the one that sends you to Dark Woods), the player can also skip the whole thing by going to the shortcut below the road
    *Speaking of Dark Woods, you may get well stuck if none of your Poke has and cant learn Rock Smash (luckily I had one... but, get rid of that rock... just in case)
    *In fact, there are a bunch of other places where the player may get stuck without cut. It's always hard to think that kind of stuff and remember that the player is not always smart (for example I got stuck one or two times as I forgot my HM slave :laugh:)

Well, that's all I had. I guess it's not necessary to be wishing you luck, as the work is almost finished, but, still I'm wishing you luck for any other projects that you want to face! :D

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    well, zel... first of, thanks for the comment. :D
    It really makes me happy when one of my hacking idols posts and likes my work. :D

Well, anyways, I really never like people having HM slaves, and so I tend to do those in purpose. Seeing people with HM slaves is like you don't care about that PKMN at all... And if PKMN were real.., meh.., never mind... xD

And in Dark Woods, well, I guess I can remove that one. :)
    And that shortcut thing, thanks so much for the report.

And I have no official spriter as of now in Reign of Legends. So I may leave it as is for the meantime...

Again, thanks. ;)

Years
    Before I released Beta 4, I choose Treecko, and I didn't had a hard time, though...
    And you don't need to restart your game just to play Beta 4.3...
    You can continue.

ya it's not hard to beat the gym leaders, i know that. I only started beta 4 a few days ago and played maybe 6 hrs on my fone and got up to the 8th gym already........or maybe i played less i forgot..........the thing is, for other pkmns e.g. Torchic, it's so much easier and faster to progress, for Treeko, u either have to train him for a long time to get a really high lvl so that he'll be strong enough to withstand the advantage attacks, or you have to catch pokemon that are in advantage against the gym. E.g. the first gym uses flying type, u either have to train Treeko to maybe lvl 20 or higher to withstand a single gust attack, or u get Electrike and train him, which is a waste of time cuz u end up training Treeko (main pokemon) more.

I dunno, that's just how i play, i tend to lvl up my best pkmn as strong as possible, then just use EXP share and power lvl the noob ones........training every pokemon all together at the same time and lvling up at the same time is just too slow for me, i mean i can own the elite 4 with just one pokemon and a few hyper potions and probably 2 revives, that's all i need.....so ya i normally don't catch any pokemon at the start at all until i get to stronger areas in the end, which is y it's a waste of time for me training either Treeko really high (which is hard cuz there're lvl 5 noob wild pkmns there) or getting other pkmn like Electrike.......

i will but i wanna test the powers of my pokemon in beta 3 by facing the elite four so when i start beta 4.3 i know which pokemon i should catch and which i shouldnt

u know, u don't really need to catch any pokemon, just get ur strongest (main pkmn) lvled up as much as possible, and get ur 2nd pkmn around lvl 50 with moves like hypnosis or watever and preferably have skills like "Intimidate", pretty much all u need is 2 pkmn, then just catch all the legendaries and u'll have more than enough to own........i mean it's way too easy, i caught like 4 with great ball, even tho i had to keep using quickload but heck i was bored on my fone anywayz........

And here's another suggestion for u DJG, i know this game already rocks and i like it just as much as Shiny Gold, in fact i get the impression these 2 games will probably be the only one ever playable, since all the other ones aren't even released with a beta or probably too slow on releasing a proper beta.............anyways the point is, i like this a lot but maybe u can add more twists to it, maybe a new storyline or something? Cuz after u finish elite 4, u can usually play on for quite a while, but in this hack u only get to fight dark lugia and that's it.........maybe u can extend it to Jhoto or maybe add more stuff so we can do more? Otherwise the only fun thing or difficult thing is just catching legendaries..........which is quite easy and boring 4 me, since ur just in the routine of quickloading just be4 u throw the pokeball.

Oh and another thing, if u don't enter Mount Pyre or w/e it's called i forgot, u won't encounter Blitz and the lvl 99 dark lugia. So, if u get a masterball FIRST and then go back and catch the dark lugia, well this corrupt the game or something? Or are u suppose to get owned by dark lugia? Cuz if this doesn't affect the game, u pretty much finished the game at the point then, cuz lvl 99 dark lugia can own everything in its path, and Elite 4 will be no problem........which is y i think u should add more twists and stuff to do in the game, it'll be fun if u do cuz i enjoy ur hack a lot :D

and uhh, nobody answered my question :(

how do i get pkblock case?

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023

Well, anyways, I really never like people having HM slaves, and so I tend to do those in purpose. Seeing people with HM slaves is like you don't care about that PKMN at all... And if PKMN were real.., meh.., never mind... xD

Well the reason why people have hm slaves is because of the darned 4-move limit that exists in all pokemon NDS/GBA games. Putting a weak non-writable(save for hm deleter) hm move like cut only waste space which could have been ued for stronger moves. (Strange i never seen a hack that removes the four-move limit...unlimited or at least >5 move limit would have been nice.)

EDIT: After reading all the posts, it kinda irks me that people simply train up a single powered pokemon (usually the starter) and simply pwnz the entire game with it. I know it can't be helped thanks to the mechanics of this game, but maybe u can do somthing about it to extend the competitiveness and difficulty of this game. u could have more double battles, regular npc trainers could have higher leveled pokemon with varied types and moves (eg.gyarados with earthquake and rock slide to counter electrics). u could put this in a tougher X version of RD.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back