• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: POKEMON Ruby Destiny - Reign Of Legends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
Years
  • Well, the overview is nice, but why go to SOOOO far to get to your rival?
    You need to WALK back to Sun Ford, then back to Lustor. So long!

Maybe you should change this in your latest Beta. (very difficult but less time)

Years
  • Well, the overview is nice, but why go to SOOOO far to get to your rival?
    You need to WALK back to Sun Ford, then back to Lustor. So long!

Maybe you should change this in your latest Beta. (very difficult but less time)
    I do have to agree that the walk is a little long..

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2013
    this is driving me nuts whenever i ectract the ruby rom all it does is give me the .gba file and not the folder like the instructions say

aerowolf

Beginning Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2009
    Hey Pokemaster, there's a help forum for things like this. Although, if you really want help, it would be best to describe the steps you've gone through. Details help a lot. Also, if you look through the threads, there are many people who've had the same problem. I'm sorry, but that's the best I can give you considering this isn't there aren't many details to go on.

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2013
    More details

the step say's that you extract the pokemon rom and then take the patch and put it into the extracted folder but there's one problem right there it doesn't extract into a folder it just extracts the rom and when i have to copy the name to the patch i don't get that ether that's it

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Version 4 is out, again...
    I fixed the 3 main bugs in the hack...

that would be all. thanks and please report any bugs you might find.

Nalesnik

My mom thinks I'm cool
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2008
    the step say's that you extract the pokemon rom and then take the patch and put it into the extracted folder but there's one problem right there it doesn't extract into a folder it just extracts the rom and when i have to copy the name to the patch i don't get that ether that's it

k,

1) first make sure u have a CLEAN pokemon ruby rom (I can't tell u how to get one)
    2) if the rom came packed in a zip file or whatever, then just extract it.
    3) put the rom (it should be a .gba file) into a folder (just make a new one to avoid confusinon)
    4) Then put the patch (the .ips file u got from here) and put it in the same folder
    5) rename the patch file (it should be call version 4) to whatever the file name of the rom is. SO far ex. if the rom (the .gba file) is named Pokemon Ruby, then rename the patch file (the .ips file) to Pokemon Ruby.
    Remeber they should be in the same folder
    6) load the rom in an amulator and it should work.

oh PS: u should ask this in the appropraite help thread next time. good day, sir/madam

btw, great hack, I play it on my PSP :P, can't wait to play version 4

aerowolf

Beginning Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2009
    Version 4? Ya mean I gotta start over again! Bah! Nah, just kidding, that's fine. I got fed up after the game crashed while looking for Latios... (I was cheating so I could track him...didn't work out so well) I had gotten about 8 Legendaries between the save and when it crashed...shows me to not save *sigh*

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Version 4 is out, again...
    I fixed the 3 main bugs in the hack...

that would be all. thanks and please report any bugs you might find.

I take it that the 3 bugs fixed are these ones:

1. The house with the Silk Scarf in Polaris teleports you to a island

2. Borora Town's gym leader can't be accessed

3. Err to be honest I don't know about the 3rd bug :cheeky: but I trust that its gone now anyway. I guess its the sandstorm bug near Borora Town.

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
    Years
  • Now that version two of Rescue Rangers is out....Do you think you will start working on the "Advanced" version of ROL? You know I mean with a Fire Red rom.....I was thinking...If you were maybe going to change a bunch of things in this "Advanced" version....I will wait till betas are out then start my new Walk through, making progress beta by beta. I would love for you to start up on this again...yet again it is your choice not mine.

wildarms001

Random Supporter
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2013
    djg - im happy you fixed 3 major bugs in ver 4 :D

adamb - i guessd its not better idea to remake another this hack coz this game is already awesome :D lets leave it as in :D

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
    Years
  • I am deeply sorry to everyone here who waited so long for Version 4, which turned out to be a failure.

I have deleted Version 4 and put up Version 3 in the download section.
    Those big glitches really made me depressed and I have come up to a decision and my decision is final, I will start again from scratch, remaking this hack of mine.
    However, that doesn't mean Rescue Rangers will be closed or put on hold, nor will this thread be closed.
    I will continue posting progress here.

The hack's base, I don't know, but there's a higher chance for me to do a FireRed one.
    If ever I get bored hacking RR, I'll do ROL, and vice versa.

That would be all. Thanks guys and sorry.

In the positive side, doing the hack again from scratch means that I can have a higher chance to delete those annoying bugs and to fix those sprites.

He said that he would maybe start up again when he gets bored...He also said maybe after he finishes RR beta two (Released Today) he would maybe start up again.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I ain't used to hack with FireRed though...
    Anyways, I clearly said that if I can't fix those bugs, I'll hack with FireRed, but since I kinda er, fixed them, then there's no need for me to make another remake of this remake... :\

Oh well... It would be a burden hacking two hacks at the same time! :D

Last edited:

Cid

Years
  • I ain't used to hack with FireRed though...
    Anyways, I clearly said that if I can't fix those bugs, I'll hack with FireRed, but since I kinda er, fixed them, then there's no need for me to make another remake of this remake... :\

Oh well... It would be a burder hacking two hacks at the same time! :D
    Yeah, anyway, we all know that making remakes is hard work... Especially in another rom base... Better off with Ruby since the events in ROL is the same with Ruby events since he already fixed the bugs... Anyway, this is one of the best hacks out there, DJG, and you should be proud of it! :)

jigzpokemonhacker

Working something...
    Years
  • i found a bug in LC hideout
    the two guards at the entrance they say TEAM MAGMA
    they say it if you dont let talk capt stern

and i battle lvl 99 dark lugia in the RANGER tranport me in johto
    i use master ball because i edit the mart
    ^_^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back