• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby: Harvest Moon Edition

After this is done, should I make a girl's version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
  • *UPDATE*
    New item
    In an upcoming Pokemon Game (Rights Held by Nintendo, although I'm not allowed to reveal too much info yet, and no, it's not Platinum, that's already out, just only in Japan), there is an item called the D-evolution Stone which, you guessed it, reverts pokemon back 1 pre-evolved , which will also be in this hack, since I so adore the thought of Devolution.

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
  • Aww, you almost had me, Machomuu; the first thing I thought was, "GSDS???" ...Oh well. You still working on this? I've never played Harvest Moon, but this sounds interesting. Although I don't know how well that idea about the betas will work, since you're encouraged not to repatch. Although it would work if you created the new patch using the previous one as the base rom. Is that what you were planning? You should call each one a "chapter", though, rather than a beta, to make it clear it's not the same as what other hacks are doing.

But, like I tell everyone, if you do this, do it because you like it!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Aww, you almost had me, Machomuu; the first thing I thought was, "GSDS???" ...Oh well. You still working on this? I've never played Harvest Moon, but this sounds interesting. Although I don't know how well that idea about the betas will work, since you're encouraged not to repatch. Although it would work if you created the new patch using the previous one as the base rom. Is that what you were planning? You should call each one a "chapter", though, rather than a beta, to make it clear it's not the same as what other hacks are doing.

But, like I tell everyone, if you do this, do it because you like it!
    Well, I can tell you one thing, if Nintendo does hold the rights, it will be here in the very near future, I'm not joking, and I don't lie, so it will be here (hopefully).

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2011
    I can kinda do sprites but I'm not 100% yet so I don't think I could do anything extremely complicated (I'd show you my work but I'm still under 15 posts at this point) but I'm always happy to try and get practice. Also (and I know this is said all the time) I had an idea like this any me and my brother were going to do it the other way round.
    Finally I would be happy to beta test but I don't think you're lacking in volunteers for that part, thanks.

Years
  • working on 2 hacks can be difficult but i trust you know what you're doing and know where you're gonna go with this so if you need any advertising im your man :)

~Poke~

Hasn't played 5th gen yet.
    Years
  • Oh...

My titlescreen I made won't work for Emerald.
    You'll probably have to extract it from the
    Ruby game and figure out how to title-edit
    Emerald. The stuff is in a different location
    to where it is in ruby.

Years
  • I just realized, if there's a de-evolution stone, the pokemon will know moves it wouldn't be able to learn. For example, if there's an Eevee and you evolve it into Flareon and teach it Fire Blast then you decide to de-evolve it, Eevee can't learn Fire Blast. So I don't know if that's possible.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I just realized, if there's a de-evolution stone, the pokemon will know moves it wouldn't be able to learn. For example, if there's an Eevee and you evolve it into Flareon and teach it Fire Blast then you decide to de-evolve it, Eevee can't learn Fire Blast. So I don't know if that's possible.
    Evolution is the changing of the bio and physical composition of a being. In other words, it changes them. However, if something is thrown into the mix that tthrows off the composition, it will either gain strange bio symptoms (like Pikachu + Pikachu with a lightball = Pichu with Volt Tackle) or it's physical compisiton will change altogether (Bulbasaur ---> Ivysaur). The D-evolution stone will combine the two, allowing you to create stronger pokemon (Vaporeon with Thunder, Ice Beam, Fire Blast, and Psychic).

Years
  • Evolution is the changing of the bio and physical composition of a being. In other words, it changes them. However, if something is thrown into the mix that tthrows off the composition, it will either gain strange bio symptoms (like Pikachu + Pikachu with a lightball = Pichu with Volt Tackle) or it's physical compisiton will change altogether (Bulbasaur ---> Ivysaur). The D-evolution stone will combine the two, allowing you to create stronger pokemon (Vaporeon with Thunder, Ice Beam, Fire Blast, and Psychic).
    Whatever you say dude. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back