• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Ruby Renev (v1.4.3)

Should I earse Pokemon Ruby Renev?

• YES!

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • NO!

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • I don't care...

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
    Years
    Howdy my fellow friends. Pokemon Ruby Renev not died Allready. It will still up to date. So what's new I have for you? NEW UPDATE INCOMMING!

I decide to rid off (False working) Mega Evolution system. And replace all Megas with Galarian and some Thonsu region Pokemons. So we have more Pokemons to test and use in our teams during journey across HOENN AND JOHTO. Also One city from Thonsu Region will be featured. And that City was Frozzenkeep Town. There. You can challenge Crystal Type Gym Leader Duncan. With some Pokemons which will be introduced in upcoming Pokemon Dirty Sun. I don't tell you which one. But Area beafore Mt.Sabre will give you ocasion to catch some Thonsu Pokemons.

POKEMONS ADDED IN PLACE OF MEGAS (I don't tell you all so far)
    Grookey, Thwakey, Rilaboom, Scorbunny, Raboot, Cindarace, Sobble, Drizzle, Inteleon, Rokidee, Corvisquire, Corviknight, Cufant, Copperajah, Toxel, Toxitricity (Yellow Forme), Zacian, Zamazenta, Eternatus.

Also Rejishan and Him Forme graphics was updated. As you seen by adding Galarian Starters. STARTER GARDENS areas will be updated by new rocks for new Gen starters.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 8, 2024
    Please tell me that your new update will fix the biggest issue of all in the whole game. Actually I have a lot of bugbears so bear with me a little bit!

1. Day Night Pallettes mess up when you go towards a warp that spawns an arrow. Really off putting.
    2. You CAN infinite respawn all Legendaries (except Giratina surprisingly) by saving in front of them, resetting and talking to them again.
    3. The music is... Really weird, the instruments have all changed and messed up nearly all the songs.
    4. Some NPCs do nothing. Clair and Rocket Leader mentioned but also quite a few others.
    5. Tile mistakes in maps. I can go over these in more detail if you want but... The last few maps seems hastily made and have incorrect movement permissions. Whilr Islands is just completely broken because of this.
    6. The move menu gets glitchy if you try to get info on the moves.
    7. What the heck are the type charts for Crystal, Light and Mist?
    8. I beat the game but somehow the Drought event restarted so I got the music. I don't even.
    9. Some warps just flat out don't work. Kyurem's room for example, I can't leave it without Dig. I can't get in Sky Pillar. Also I can't get in New Mauville.
    10. The fact I can access Master Balls and Regigigas at Level 60 with just 2 badges is astoundingly weird and breaks the balance of the game.
    11. I tried to find all the Legendaries but... The fact I can't access every area is offputting me. Also the fact I can't check the Johto map which I know is out of your control but any sort of documentation makes this less of a pain.
    12. The difficulty spikes significantly at the final area. I don't know if that's a good idea to spike THAT hard.
    13. The script at the end is a copy paste of the Ruby one. Including yourself being called STEVEN.

For reference, I did a full playthrough and livestreamed it so it isn't just my viewpoint on these problems.

Before moving on to anything else, can we have a general fix on these issues as it may help you in the long run.

(For Reference, Legendaries that I have yet to find even after checking every map in Advance Map: Shaymin, Terakion, Virizion, Cobalion, Manaphy, Diancie, Thundurus, Landorus, Tornadus, Magearna, Zeraora and Meltan IF it's in the game)

Overall opinion: Some OK implementations that had quite disappointing practical use. Especially considering how much this was meant to be an "improvement" it also felt like it "devolved" the game.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Kay. So I attempted two different programs to patch this. What version of Ruby do I need to be using? I'm using "Ruby Version (USA)" and with one program, it just fails, and with the other, I just get a blank screen.

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
    Years
    All MediaFIre links will be deleted soon. Admins please close this topic. I'm sorry all that you play my crappy hack. I decide to delete that abomination from existing. I suck as romhacker. Have a great day.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    All MediaFIre links will be deleted soon. Admins please close this topic. I'm sorry all that you play my crappy hack. I decide to delete that abomination from existing. I suck as romhacker. Have a great day.

That's unfortunate

Years

I think what makes your Rom Hack not that good is the base itself, Ruby is such an outdated base compared to EM and FR (which has decomp and CFRU now.)

Years
    • He/She/They/Them
    • Earth
    • Seen Sep 4, 2021
    I think you did do alot of things right and I hope you will still do your fakemon game because those starters are very well sprited and it'd be a shame to waste them.No one should expect someones first romhack would be perfect so use the skills you learned.Also I advise you try your hand a CFRU or use Emerald for your next project.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2024
    I don't play Ruby hacks all that often but I can proudly say back when I did play this one, I enjoyed it.

Rom hacking has evolved so much in the last few years. You didn't have the resources other newer hacks had to work with.

Outwitter

You reap what you plant...
    Years
    It's not reason for continue that monstrcity. I make an garbage romhack. And I need to admit it. So Better delete that romhack instead share it as example of bad hacks. I have plans beafore to swap broken Mega Evolutions into Galarian Pokemons.

Don't be so harsh on yourself mate! Your hack is not as bad as you are making it sound. As others have pointed out, maybe the lack of resources are hurting your progress. I'll also advise you to reboot your project either in Emerald or Firered; if you still have any interest or time left for hacking. Take care.

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
    Years
    Don't be so harsh on yourself mate! Your hack is not as bad as you are making it sound. As others have pointed out, maybe the lack of resources are hurting your progress. I'll also advise you to reboot your project either in Emerald or Firered; if you still have any interest or time left for hacking. Take care.

Main idea of this hack is to show that Pokemon Ruby Engine is still worth something. Yourself I find out how to expand Pokedex in that engine and figure own way to add new Types. Some other mechanics I also find out Yourself trying to recreate Fire Red engine. I failed with Mega Evolutions.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Main idea of this hack is to show that Pokemon Ruby Engine is still worth something. Yourself I find out how to expand Pokedex in that engine and figure own way to add new Types. Some other mechanics I also find out Yourself trying to recreate Fire Red engine. I failed with Mega Evolutions.

Then you can just put no mega evo

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2024
    You thinking of making a rom hack with galarian pokemon into?

Hope I'm not trying to be rude or anything,

Outwitter

You reap what you plant...
    Years

Oh, hats off to your noble cause mate! However, let me remind you that you are not alone in it. Wesley FG did a fantastic job with the same Ruby Engine by bestowing to us "Light Platinum.'' One more incredible Ruby project is being worked on as well and that is Giratina's Legend. If you have failed in implementing Mega Evos; then kindly move on. A good hack rests on various aspects like Story, Graphics, Scripts and so on. Why don't you focus on those aspects instead?

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
    Years
    Oh, hats off to your noble cause mate! However, let me remind you that you are not alone in it. Wesley FG did a fantastic job with the same Ruby Engine by bestowing to us "Light Platinum.'' One more incredible Ruby project is being worked on as well and that is Giratina's Legend. If you have failed in implementing Mega Evos; then kindly move on. A good hack rests on various aspects like Story, Graphics, Scripts and so on. Why don't you focus on those aspects instead?

I focused. I adding Johto Quest to this game in case of Story of Another Return of Team Rocket alongside region. All Things was deep in their four hidden bases. Also Event with Sangaroo Island. When you first must beat ETHAN, Later CYNTHIA. And she unlocks you way to RED at top of MT.SILVER. Sangaro Island is final challenge of this hack. Where Me as Creator challenge you with team full of Legendaries. I also include as Secound Elite Four Four first LET'S PLAYERS who finish my game. Like spanish let'splayer "JOTACE". Inside was also unfinished event in Alola. But i think to redraw that to Viridian City. And add Giovani as Gym Leader there to finish Team Rocket Storyline. I have problems now with adding Galarian mons on place of Megas. But when I slove it. Maybe I release V 1.3 where No Megas. But Galarian Mons instead. That means for me also Expanding of STARTERS ZONE (Adding Galarian Starters to it). Also changin sprites for Rejishan and its Primal Forme. That same with Legendaries of my fanmade region THonsu. So. I have some work with it. But maybe I compile new version without mega evolution. Only remains of Megas i keep in forme of Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre and Mega Rayquaza since fit for context.

And here question. Should I add more Thonsu Fakemons or focus to add more Galarian Pokemons?

Back