• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald Daily Chit-Chat

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Well, good luck to you. Personally, the whole shiny thing is gimmicky and lame. Now, if there were an actual benefit of catching a shiny, then it might mean something. I have come across a shiny Zigzagoon once, but its stats were so bad that I released it. Pokes of a different color are useless if you cannot use them.

Jenvy

Gardevoir is the Disco Queen
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Dec 1, 2010
    Collecting the shinies isn't really to get the most powerful Pokemon, its to collect. Its like one person may play a game to get the most powerful weapons, get the record for beating the bad guys, etc. Then, one guy may play the game to finish all of the sidequest, collect all of the items, and truly 100% it. Its just a difference of what people consider a "complete" game. Some people think you haven't 100%-ed Pokemon until you complete your pokedex and catch shinies. =)

obelisk-kun

GO HINATA KICK NEJI'S ASS!!!!!
    Years
    collecting shinies is useless they're just bargaining chips for those who are after strong pokemon when the other person is a shiny collector.

that's how i see it anyway.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    I got Emerald version 2 days ago. Since then I beat Roxanne, at the moment I'm training an Abra and a Ralts to fight Brawly.

btw the how does the Special Base thing work exactly is there any guides or faqs on it?

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Don't really need a guide for it. Just be careful which Pokemon you use when you switch records if you're using the Secret Bases for EV training, use 6 x 3 EV (18 normal, 36 with Macho Brace or Pokerus, or 72 with Macho Brace and Pokerus) for an easier time for each Secret Base, 6 is the minimum (1 for each stat), although increasing your Secret Bases makes it faster.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    Well I beat the Elite 4 in Emerald, now I'm going to start breeding Pokes for the Battle Frontier.

So far I've bred an Adamant Bagon, with a 27 Atk IV, and a 30 Spd IV. I also bred a Feebas which evolved into a Milotic with a 27 IV in Sp. Def and Def.

I'm trading them into my Fire Red to get the right EV's and train to a high level.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2006
    im training my beldum to matagross :\ lvl 16 atm o.0 lol in daycare .... oooh and my aron just evolved to lairon

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    I have finally bred my Battle Frontier team and am now EV training them in my Secret Bases. I am also finishing up my Emerald Pokedex. After a few trades from my son's FireRed and my other son's LeafGreen, I now only have 36 Pokes remaining to fill it out. Most deal with Happiness, since I decided to save that for last. Unfortunately, I am afraid my Pokedex will fall short at 366 since I cannot trade neither Mew nor Deoxys from my Ruby version. I am going to try trading to Colosseum and then trade to Emerald, since you can do that with Kanto/Johto Pokes before getting the National Pokedex. I sure hope it works.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
    I'll be hunting for a Ralts with a Calm nature and 31/30 IVs in SAtk and SDef... though I really hope I get a shiny one.

In Ruby, I'm SRing for a shiny Latios, but I'm not at the Southern Island. It's taking a quite a long time, but I haven't been SRing as diligently as I should have. Maybe my luck will change these next two weeks? Wish me luck.

Pangolin

The Phenom
    Years
    My Latios from Southern Island came down with pokerus! I went out over the weekend and bought a new e-reader (old one broke) it only cost me two dollars!!! I have a link cable and my cousin's boyfriend gave me two of his old gameboy advances and some accserie stuff. So I swiped my old EON ticket I got a few years ago and caught him. I used Sableye. Sableye is like the Legend Killer. It kills Deoxys,Latios,Latias,Mew,Mewtwo,and sometimes Celibi.
    Sableye being the only Dark/Ghost pokemon in the game has no weakness and is immune to Phycic and Normal attacks. My Latias I captured got the virus and I'm trying to spread it to my Sableye who I named Zelda. I hope they have an evolution of Sableye in the next game. It Rules!

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Sableye can't kill any legends since it's so weak. Unless your Sableye was at Lv. 100 and the legend was at Lv. 40, which doesn't count. But legendary Psychics can learn more than just Psychic attacks and Sableye's weak defenses just can't handle it.

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2007
    Excuse me but *cough* a sableye actually kills legendaries???

ROTFLMFAO!!!

Anyways you can`t encounter Deoxys/Celebi as a wild Poke.
    Congratz on having a Latias with Pokerus!

I just got a whopping score on cycling road. 0 collisions and 8.21secs! I`m so amazed that I did it so fast lol.

Back