• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Devamp Project

marcc5m

what
Years
  • Your above post irritated me as your tone was quiet hostile and your facts seem to be incorrect. This post is not meant to offend and I am not writing this in an intentional hostile tone.

Yes Revamps and Devamps are Sprite Recolours, but there is no difference between them as "Recolours" is a general term. Saying that they are comparable is saying that Christianity and Religion are different and comparable. Which I assume you relies.

Revamps, Devamps, Colour Swaps, and Custom Recolours all fall under the general category of Recolours, as Christianity, Islam, and Buddhism all fall under the general category Religion.

As for the definition of devamping is the opposite of:
    Spoiler:

revamping! That would mean that the definition would go a little bit like this:
    Spoiler:

But a spriter's definition would be:
    Spoiler:

If you believe I am incorrect, please send me your definition of a devamp, and I would be more than willing to discuss it with you, if I do not receive a reply within 3 business days, I will take the liberty to assume that you agree, and you may delete your above post.

Spoiler:

They're not devamps. Deal with it.

When devamping you have to reshade and redo the outline so that it matches the style. You can't just grab the eraser, right click all over the sprite and say "hurr durr itz a devamp". Because no, it isn't.

Recolour = Changing the colours of a sprite.
    Revamp = Recreating the sprite to match a newer style.
    Devamp = Recreating the sprite to match an older style.

And don't tell me to delete my post please, you are not in any position to do so.

Anyway, if I have time, which I won't, I might make a few REAL devamps.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Hey there! I made an Oddish devamp. I made it myself instead of recolouring it so it might not be the right shape or style, I can change it if it stands out too much. I know someone already did everything but I still wanted to contribute. And it's in a very very old style haha, I hope that's okay.

---

Own design devamp --- Recolour devamp

I don't have a lot of experience with pixel art, and since Oddish is quite simple I thought I'd start with that.

Edit: Now that I think about it, is this still considered a devamp, even though I didn't take the original sprite and changed it? :/

Edit2: I just added another devamp, recoloured of the original one, just in case.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Devamp Project

Here's my Pikachu and Raichu devamps. I hope you can use them, they're my first ones. :3

Attachments

pikachu devamp.PNG
      795 bytes · Views: 280
      raichu devamp.PNG
      1,022 bytes · Views: 283
    Last edited:
    Years
  • This was fun. :)
    I did the Azurill line as well:

Attachments

Azurill devamp.PNG
      787 bytes · Views: 185
      Marill devamp.PNG
      834 bytes · Views: 184
      Azumarill devamp.PNG
      875 bytes · Views: 186
    Years
  • Bump

I hope this doesn't get discontinued :(
    Anyway, I made a Mewtwo awhile ago but forgot to post it. :)

Attachments

mewtwo devamp 2.PNG
      1.3 KB · Views: 168
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    Thanks, :3 I hope this dosen't stop, it's really fun. :3
    I'll add yours, thanks!

Back