• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Rumble Blast

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • I don't know about this one. What would you guys rate this game on a 1-10 scale + why? (Please only for those who have actually played the game) Thanks

Magikarp Queen

Magikarp Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2012
    I don't know about this one. What would you guys rate this game on a 1-10 scale + why? (Please only for those who have actually played the game) Thanks

I'd give it a solid six. There isn't much of a plot and they still made it to where you have to trash weaker pokemon, which I was hoping they would fix. However, EVERY single pokemon is available and there is a butt ton more to run around in. I'd say it's worth buying, though honestly any pokemon game is worth buying to me :P Especially if you already have a 3DS and you have no clue what to do with.

Bowlstir

Media Arts and Game Development
    Years
  • This game is awesome! If anyone wants to add my on 3DS, PM me and we'll exchange friend codes

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • So far what everyone's saying seems good about this game. I was probably going out to buy a 3DS today, and I was thinking of picking this game up actually. Yeah, I know. Mr. "spin offs suck" wants to BUY a spin off game lol. Either that or Zelda. But oh well, I guess we'll see! I do like that every Pokemon is available though, like Victini early on apparently. Sad that it apparently becomes useless pretty quick though. :(

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • I've never been into spinoffs other than Stadium and Snap. Therefore, I would most likely not like this game. I really don't like PMD. And, judging by GameSpot's score of 4.5/10, the only thing this game would be worth is a rental.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I'd say that generally, Pokemon Rumble Blast is quite a fun game. I'd definitely say that it is an improvement over the Wii Ware version, and the areas do seem much more unique. Furthermore, I do like how every Pokemon (that has been revealed so far) is available, unlike the limtied amount in the original. i also like how they tried to incorporate a story into it. Sure, it might not have been exactly amazing, but it did help th game flow, in my opinion.
    Spoiler:

On the other hand, there are some aspects I dislike. The most major one I can remember is the absece of shiny Pokemon. personally, I love finding shiny Pokemon, and finding a shiny Chatot in the original really made me happy. I was quite disappointed to find they were completely absent. Another thing that irked me is the absence of the recruiting feature. it was a really good way to unlock rarer Pokemon if you had too mcuh money and din;t want to spend hourse searching for it. I can understand why they got rid of it, but it does disappoint me a little. Also, as a side-note, I belive the game could have utilised the touch screen more- if at all. I can not recall any time where I could use the touch screen to choose an option, despite it showing on the touch screen. Just something that amde little sense, in my opinion.

Overall, I am actually quite satisified with Pokemon Rumble Blast- personally, I thought it''d be worse than it actually is. I've compelted it, and it is a pretty fun game if you like collecting Pokemon. So yeah, I'd definitely recommend it. :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    They charge over twice as much for this game as the first and then take out Shiny Pokémon.

I'm at a loss for words here.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    The loss of shiny Pokemon certainly was a surprise... I love this game to bits though, it's so much fun! The battle style is unique (other than for Rumble) and the method of obtaining new Pokemon makes it exciting too. It annoys me a little bit that some Pokemon can never be strong enough to warrant use (eg Pachirisu) due to their seemingly capped power levels coupled with rubbish stats, but I suppose this isn't much different to the main games... It did kinda ruin the main part I was looking forward to though. :3

Archenoth

(cozy)
    Years
  • I love this game... A few friends and I love random co-op play with crazily underleveled Pokemon. This game has so much over the Wii version (Which is repetitive beyond belief in my opinion). Rumble Blast has new mechanics, a story, a lot of the places look great, and the Street pass battles are fun when you intentionally stick with lower level Pokemon. (I used a ~350 power Grovyle until up to the ~800 power level. Difficult, but so fulfilling!) It has items and abilities you get as you progress and the levels are replayable if you want to catch everything in the areas.

The thing I don't like is that you can't level your Pokemon due to their toy nature.

I would give this game a 9 out of 10... Metacritic shows that critics didn't like the game much, but the user score is about 9.5 out of 10 on it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Well, you've found the only group of people I would trust less to accurately report quality than gaming 'journalists'.

And the publication that gave the game the highest score is Nintendo Power ha ha this is too much.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    I'll say now, the game is good, gameplay wise.
    But, as for storyline ... 0/10.
    I don't like the toy idea, the whole game, seemed to lack any proper story.
    All I got was, some rival team of toys, steal drops from a fountain, but deny doing so?

I've been playing it for a bit, but I grew bored, it got repetitive as well, always doing 3 dungeons before a stadium. :/
    It lacks creatism.

Thats my thoughts, btw, you all have different ones, which i respect. ^.^

TEAM BLUE

Friendly Trainer
    Years
  • I haveeee to get this game.:( Since i played the first one i have to get this one too.XD Although i did not do a lot of research for this one is it 2 players or more???Because in the wii it was and i had fun playing with my sisters!XD It's more funner when you play with other people.XD

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • I have tried it out, but not the whole one. Just moving around, switching pokemon and such. It's a good spin-off by the looks of it. It kind of reminds me of PMD.

pumpkinpie5

Veteran Legendary Collecter
    Years
  • It is really fun and if you liked Pokemon Rumble, you will like this! It's storyline isn't the best, but the battling and soundtrack are really good. It also incorporates the "Gotta' catch 'em all!" feeling into the game, with rare legendary battles, and more Pokemon "biomes" where you can get varieties of Pokemon. I definitely think you should get the game, and I would give it an 9.75/10

btw, it may seem boring at first, but the repetitiveness shrinks as you get farther into the game, with world axle levels and legendary battles after you beat the final boss. I have always thought Nintendo does the best with the post-game.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • btw, it may seem boring at first, but the repetitiveness shrinks as you get farther into the game, with world axle levels and legendary battles after you beat the final boss. I have always thought Nintendo does the best with the post-game.

I somehow agree with you, looking at Emerald, Pt, Rumble (you say), Link. However, I like the main story on all PMD series, and BW and Ranger post game just sucks.

PMD series is still the best in existence. Let us see what Gen V has to offer.s

Back