• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Ruthless Red [151]

HoennTM

Will my hack be done soon? Probably not.
Years
  • Pokemon Ruthless Red

Hack of Pokemon Red
    IPS Patch

Information

Hey guys, I've actually had this sitting on my laptop for about 5 months and I totally forgot about it until about last week, so I decided that I'd finish it up. This is the counterpart hack to Brutal Blue, my other Gen1 hack but this one features a new changes compared to Brutal Blue that I decided to add.

Also, Thanks to Danny E-33 for his awesome Gen2 patch!

Summary

Pokemon Ruthless Red is a slightly harder version of the Red we all know and love. All 151 Pokemon will be available at some point in the game. All Gyms and Elite 4 members have their Pokemon edited and their levels MUCH higher then they were before. Only about 15% of trainers have been edited in some way, to make the game's bosses harder. This is only temporary unless you want to keep it like this.

New Features

All 151 of the first generation's Pokemon will be available at some point in the game.
    Gyms/E4 have been buffed - Some new Pokemon as well.
    New trades.
    Later game Pokemon can be found earlier. (Like Farfetch'd)
    Gen 2 music and graphics added.

Tools

All tools are Swampert Tools

- Challenge
    - GymEdit
    - TrainerEdit
    - Wild PKMN Edit

- TradeEdit

Change Log

Version 1.0 Released
    Working on Trainers for 1.1

Pokemon Locations

Spoiler:

IMPORTANT UPDATE: Since I NO longer have the IPS patch (the edited one) this hack will no longer be updated. Feel free to play it still however don't expect any updates from now on. Also, the current download link is broken, (at least for me)so you must save it to your dropbox then download it from there. Happy playing!

Created By Scyther

Screenshots

Last edited:

HoennTM

Years
  • Small Update!

Roughly about 40% through all trainers, because I'm putting new trainers in as well as editing the current ones. It's taking longer then I expected to get this all done because for some reason I have to save after every trainer which takes the most time.

There will be a stall in updates because I'm currently mapping for another hack which eats up most of my time when I have free time regardless if I'm working or not.

I'll try to get 1.1 out next week but I'm not sure how long it's going to take.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2016
    I like the screenshots and adding new trainers sounds great. I think I should play this when it's done.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2022
    i got mustache, the kadabra who got traded back to you for the pidgey...but...its still a kadabra...he doesnt evolve...no kazam for me?

the weedle/graveler trade works|
    the caterpie/machoke trade does not works!(no evolution)
    the pidgey/kadabra trade does not works! (no evolution)
    the ponyta/hunter trade does not works! (no evolution)

i have just ended the game with :
    lightly (jolteon) lvl 56
    horny (tauros) lvl 40
    wiggy (pidgeot) lvl 37
    bru (arcanine) lvl 56
    baobab (venasaur) lvl 49
    razor (starmie) lvl 47

i think the game need a little of difficult increase! anyway i like the old pokemon version! i do appreciate the new pokemon location! been able to find some pokemon earlier in the game is very good! i m just waiting for some news for the uncachable trade evolution! i dont like to left a game uncomplete=)!

BUG REPORT: when u find mew in xxxxxxx (dont want to spoiler) if he use transform when u catch u obtain ditto...=(....
    while surfing u dont find any pokemon

QUESTIONS: where do i find pinsir?

Last edited:

HoennTM

Years
  • i got mustache, the kadabra who got traded back to you for the pidgey...but...its still a kadabra...he doesnt evolve...no kazam for me?

the weedle/graveler trade works|
    the caterpie/machoke trade does not works!(no evolution)
    the pidgey/kadabra trade does not works! (no evolution)
    the ponyta/hunter trade does not works! (no evolution)

i have just ended the game with :
    lightly (jolteon) lvl 56
    horny (tauros) lvl 40
    wiggy (pidgeot) lvl 37
    bru (arcanine) lvl 56
    baobab (venasaur) lvl 49
    razor (starmie) lvl 47

i think the game need a little of difficult increase! anyway i like the old pokemon version! i do appreciate the new pokemon location! been able to find some pokemon earlier in the game is very good! i m just waiting for some news for the uncachable trade evolution! i dont like to left a game uncomplete=)!

BUG REPORT: when u find mew in xxxxxxx (dont want to spoiler) if he use transform when u catch u obtain ditto...=(....
    while surfing u dont find any pokemon

QUESTIONS: where do i find pinsir?

Wow, sorry for the late reply! Technically i'm not allowed to comment on a thread if it's older then a month, but anyway. All this stuff is working for me. Not sure why it's happening to you.

P.S. I'll look into this.

I'll also use this time and say that I'm re-opening this hack to finish some bugs people are having. Not sure how often I'll work on this, though. Only time will tell.

P.P.S. In the Safari Zone for Pinsir.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Mmm very nice. I'll give this a go. Are there any moveset changes? Because a charizard without Fly or at least Wing attack is very weird and that was an issue in the original Red and Blue before Yellow was released. Also Venusaur should have at least one STAB poison attack (sludge is ideal if you haven't added any gen 2-6 moves for whatever reason to name an example) and similarly Earthquake would be pretty vital due to how few moves it could use in the original games. Plus Dragonite needs a proper dragon attack such as Dragonbreath which would go a long way to achieving proper higher difficulty I believe.

HoennTM

Years
  • Mmm very nice. I'll give this a go. Are there any moveset changes? Because a charizard without Fly or at least Wing attack is very weird and that was an issue in the original Red and Blue before Yellow was released. Also Venusaur should have at least one STAB poison attack (sludge is ideal if you haven't added any gen 2-6 moves for whatever reason to name an example) and similarly Earthquake would be pretty vital due to how few moves it could use in the original games. Plus Dragonite needs a proper dragon attack such as Dragonbreath which would go a long way to achieving proper higher difficulty I believe.

Thanks!

I left some moveset changes and stuff like that out because I thought it would make the game more annoying ;) (in terms which would make the game harder)
    I may be changing this in the future. I tried to keep this more like the original games then further ahead, (apart from the Gen2 stuff) I'm have started another hack before I posted yesterday, so I want to get THAT finished before I can do this. (just personal preference.)

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Ok I figured I'd mention it, after all the gen 1 level up move lists are decidedly lacking. I mean Krabby and Kingler for example never got Dig until like gen 3, and yet that could only be gained as an egg move. It had virtually no other moves to utilize until X-Scissor became a thing too. The legendary birds had virtually nothing as well which is a shame (mainly Moltres as it had only Fire Spin and Fire Blast as fire moves, I guess Flamethrower in R/B/Y would have been overpowered for it back then).

Another thing that may need to be addressed is the typing issues, as this presents a slight problem for other moves. Karate Chop for example seems like it will be a normal attack once again since Gust is classed as a normal attack. Might it be possible to fix the types of moves in these cases? After all a normal-type Karate Chop attack is almost alien to me after all these years as is a normal type Gust. By similar token this means the psychic type will be obscenely overpowered yet again, as ghost attacks will likely be ineffective except Night Shade, due to how set damage moves ignored immunity at the time. Since I doubt you want to put dark and steel types into this hack might it be possible to make ghost pokemon immune to psychic attacks the same way dark types are? Likewise making psychic types properly weak to ghost attacks would be a valuable asset in the long run, especially if you make certain ghost moves more widespread among the different pokemon among the original 151. Golbat for example as a huge tongue and vampire bats generally use their tongues to help drain blood of their victims so them using Lick sounds logical and can account for how they use Astonish in the newer games since they have similar base power and effects.

Those are just a few things off the top of my head, besides you likely have your own plans so I'll refrain from being too insistant on anything. Better movepools are all I'm really hoping for even if it never happens.

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
    Years
  • Interesting hack, and I really appreciate your effort. Will you edit some of the storyline in the future?

Note: I still think we should gradually migrate to researching and developing for 4th gen and up ROM editing. We have spent a lot of time on generation I to III...

HoennTM

Years
  • Interesting hack, and I really appreciate your effort. Will you edit some of the storyline in the future?

Note: I still think we should gradually migrate to researching and developing for 4th gen and up ROM editing. We have spent a lot of time on generation I to III...

I believe that we should also move up the Gens... (imo)
    However FRLG hacks are by far the most popular ones to make.
    I guess it's because of how many tools there are for Gen3.
    If there were more Gen4 tools I assume more people would make them.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2022
    hello=) ! im still here asking for the increase of difficult i asked for earlier=)
    This is probably the first game ever i player using more than one mons all game!
    still think its not very competitive if i can complete the league with a team of pokemon all in 30-50 pokemons! i didnt use shit strat or bug! it was just too easy! venasaur send enemies to sleep and then i stab the enemies=(!

HoennTM

Years
  • hello=) ! im still here asking for the increase of difficult i asked for earlier=)
    This is probably the first game ever i player using more than one mons all game!
    still think its not very competitive if i can complete the league with a team of pokemon all in 30-50 pokemons! i didnt use muk strat or bug! it was just too easy! venasaur send enemies to sleep and then i stab the enemies=(!

Still working on it.
    Sorry it's taking a while :)
    I haven't played around with this in months so I'm just trying to get familiar with it again without accidently deleting something by accident.

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
    Years
  • I believe that we should also move up the Gens... (imo)
    However FRLG hacks are by far the most popular ones to make.
    I guess it's because of how many tools there are for Gen3.
    If there were more Gen4 tools I assume more people would make them.

Indeed,

I think people should follow Mikelan and Team Fail a lot more. They are some of the few members that made progress regarding 4th GEN.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2020
    solved encountered ips in another web link please send me an PM and i send the link thx

Last edited:
    Back