• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ryen

Who's idea should we use for the second gym? (Ideas posted in the thread)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    Hey man thats an awesome update the music is nice and I like the gym leader alot. Keep up the good work!

shinylugia249

I'm back
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    Thanks PokemonOI!
    The music was all done by memyselforwho, and the gym leader is the same one from the pre-beta bu the ow will be changed.

shinylugia249

I'm back
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    Yeah, the first gym has been completely redesinged! Gym will be much harder than usual so imagine how the 8th would look like!

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
    Years
  • saw all the new updates ive missed and they're all great ideas and redoes. as for the ds lite building i had to laugh my ass off. and also ill be able to continue work on my game tommorrow so if ya need any help wit the mapping again i would be glad ta do it for ya.

TeddiursaFan

is a TeddiursaFan
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2013
    Wow... Lvl. 6s? Anyway, why do you have pokeballs in the gym? I've never noticed a gym with items.

shinylugia249

I'm back
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    Yes lv 6's. first gyms have a lv 10's for gy leaders so i made the trainers leves close.
    The items are potions to help you out if get in trouble, and trust me the gym is easy.

shinylugia249

I'm back
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    I think people shouldn't be lazy and just buy them at the stores...
    If you really think i should remove them then i guess i will but there will be some hidden items like in trees or shrubs along towns to help the player out (they're going to be hard to reach or in places were you wouldn't normally find an item).

sonic smash down

Years
  • yea work for it. but at least have a set amount of stock or something in stores just incase. like maybe 2 or 3 a day. there are enough to sustain pokemon in tight situations but not and overload of them that you can just buy all potions and just keep using them to stay alive then attack the gym leader. train your pokemon for the battles

shinylugia249

I'm back
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    Thanks for the idea, that'll make things difficult! Instead of buying a lot of potions you'll get a limited amount, and it'll decrease as you get into higher leveled gyms. It'll also force the player to train all their Pokemon instead of breezing through using potions.

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
  • Heya Shinylugia, I'm liking everything so far ^o^ Nice Gym Idea by the way, I really love the concept, and the Gym Leader sprite is pretty good too. I lol'ed though when he came on the screen and I thought he was headless then I realized the Hypercam tag was blocking it XDD;

Keep it up~ :3

shinylugia249

I'm back
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    Thanks, Vampire://Krimm! The gym is basically the same desing with a couple of changes in tiles, music, etc... The other gym used tiles that made them look horrible so i decided to change the gym's look completely. The new gym is using the new small trees and the small badge above the gym leader like in fr/lg.

TeddiursaFan

is a TeddiursaFan
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2013
    If your going to add items, I suggest that you make some of them traps. For example, maybe one might posion one of your pokemon or it's a trainer disguiesd as a pokeabll.

shinylugia249

I'm back
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    That would make the gym harder, but i guess i'll to see if that works with Voltorbs.

sonic smash down

Years
  • wat about like spike orbs or something along those lines to hurt your pokemon or posion them. i think thats wat he's trying to say. outside of gyms though.

TeddiursaFan

is a TeddiursaFan
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2013
    Have you ever been to the battle factory in emerald? I think it was the battle pike that had that man who would send a pokemon to poison you because you would have to choose a curtain to go into. So you cold get poisoned. What I mean is have some pokeballs release effecets like poisoning a pokemon or something. Anyway, you could always go back to the pokemon center so it's not much of a problem.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I know that this is kind of topic(it's still about the game), but I was wondering if you were going to add new pokemon moves.

shinylugia249

I'm back
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    ok, i get it now. I'll try to get the status trap working.

For the new moves yes i might add new moves but i'll do that later once i finish remaking all of the intro and the other events.
    And now through some minor script edits i've managed to get girantina's cry playing when you press start in the tittle screen.

I am also in need of a good scripter to help me with the new pokemon device, pm me if you canhelp!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back