• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Safari zone. Does this require an algorithm?

BlueLucario

Cool trainer.
Years
  • I"m studying programming in college, and I was playing my pokemon blue version. When I was at the safari zone, I was sort of wondering.

I don't know for sure if this is right, but I'm sort of basing this on the newer versions, FRLG especially.

When you feed a pokemon bait. It is less likely to flee, but more difficult to catch. (In RBY, impossible if you feed a certain pokemon.)

When you throw a rock(or get closer) at a wild pokemon, it will be easier to catch, but very likely to flee.

I was thinking, maybe that this sort of thing requires an algorithm. I'm writing this in psuedo code. (I'm new at this so bear with me.)

What do you guys think? How would you write this in pseudocode.

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    All it probably does is raise or lower a variable for each condition and there is probably a rnd code gen stating whether or not the Pokemon should flee based on current variables.

That would be how I would go about it in Visual Basic anyway, I don't know anything about Gameboy Basic.

Back