• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon: Safari

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Pokemon: Safari
    [alink ID="Info"]Info[/alink ID] - [Alink ID="Storyline"]Storyline[/Alink ID] - [alink ID="Features"]Features[/alink ID] - [alink ID="Screenshots"]Screenshots[/alink ID] - [alink ID="Recruitment"]Recruitment[/alink ID]

[A ID]Info[/A ID]

Hack Name :
    Pokémon Safari
    Hack Of : Pokémon Emerald
    Author : Counterfeit
    Quote:
    Think Pokémon Snap + Zelda + Animal Scrossing, but for the GBA, and with more oestrogen.
    [A ID]Storyline[/A ID]

"You are a young freelance photographer who is visiting the region of Mahronge, rumour has it that a strange Pokémon has been spotted near one of the villages there.
    Struggling to pay the bills back home you're hoping that this could be your big break;
    Find the Pokémon, snap a couple of shots and claim the reward, simple right?"

Packed full of side quests, mini games and life Safari is much more of an RPG than the original Pokemon games.
    Where it was nice that you used to have trainers phone you it was still bloody impersonal; "HEY I CAUGHT A FISH! BYE!"
    In Safari you'll have friends ringing you if you'd like to pay them a visit at their home, to meet them in town, or just to have a chat. You will also be able to arrange these.
    Towns will grow to know you the more you do for the people living there, you can even become a local celebrity.
    As you take more and more photos you be more likely to get jobs when visiting a town, and as you rack up experience bigger cash prizes will follow.

The reason I'm making Safari is because I always enjoyed the parts of the games that took a time out from the battling, but still loved shouting at the screen when I lost at the slots or other minigames.
    Basically I'm just trying to give it a really nice feel and some proper depth to the game, both things I do get from the originals, but that get trampled on by lack of variety in the gameplay.
    [A ID]Features[/A ID]

Brand new photo system with upgradeable camera!

New Mahronge region!

New bag gui!

Use bait to lure out Pokémon!

New Hotels and Lodges to stay in!
    [A ID]Screenshots[/A ID]

Random phone calls.

Call others.

Get rid of the POKéDEX option in the pause menu. (clearflag 0x861 doesn't work)

Method for constant party checking.

Disregard females.

Acquire spriter. Important, contact Abnegation if you're interested.
    [A ID]Recruitment[/A ID]

If I want this to turn out as good as I'd like it to be I'm going to need plenty of help.
    However I'm not going to start a hacking team yet, as it's still only in it's early stages.

If you do want to help out then PM me with details of what you can do.
    Last updated: 24/06/2010

Last edited:

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
    Years
    I love the safari idea! And the camera feature sounds awesome! I hope to play it soon. I also like the mapping. ^^

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2012
    this sounds like a great idea.
    If you can't get rid of the pokedex, you could use something like a photo album, that catalogues all the pokemon you have taken a picture of.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    So Safari continues with new owner?
    It's good to see that =)
    I wish you the best of luck =)

Not that there's a new owner but that the main author of this hack is not at liberty of posting it therefore I am, though I am working on it with Counterfeit.

In any case, thanks for the commments thus far also, and yes ideas are welcome.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    YAY! SAFARI IS BACK! still looks good as ever!

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Yes, this is still a hack of Pokémon Emerald so don't question it. Oh yes, the red line is an issue with the cam. Not the hack.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Err from the video this doesn't look like a hack at all o_o Even if you used emerald as a basis it's a game because it's no longer a ROM file.

Also all the graphics you have can't be achieved by ROM hacking I believe? This would be better suited to the Game Development section.

EDIT://

Oh okay, so you have basically made a specific emulator for it. You could have just said that in your post :P I didn't click the link to read the blurb since it was Emb'd here.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    [jq]It's still a rom file, just packaged differently. The graphics you say can't be acheived by a rom aren't, if you pay attention it loads the rom at the end of the video.

The reason I have it packaged like this is because it allows me to modify the emulator as well, expanding what I can do in the hack without anyone having to download a new one or set anything up.
    It also works as a pretty neat way to stop anyone peeking in my rom, haha.[/jq]

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    i can't wait for the beta! i like this hack more than my own!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Her belt obviously isn't tight enough.

This is a really impressive looking hack. Not sure how you'll be able to pull everything off, but I look forward to seeing it!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back