• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Sandstone Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    Pokemon Sandstone Version

Team Rocket is Back! After the death of Giovanni team team rocket virtually disappeared. During those two years team rocket broke off into separate groups focusing on their type of pokemon. These groups rivaled each other and split into different regions. One of these groups snuck into the up an coming region of (Name to Come) in this region they hid under cover while they were illegally shipping pokeballs each holding a powerful pokemon.
    Two years later Giovanni's son has banded together a group of powerful team rocket administrators. Each of these administrators found a group of the split team rockets. All of these teams agreed to join Giovanni's son without knowing the other teams were joining too. All of the teams moved out of their region and joined the team in the region of (Name to Come). Over the next year these teams each made a base. These teams who have now joined to become one each have their own plans. Giovanni's son has his plan but, guess what, they don't listen. You see, these little teams still view themselves as separate and they don't really get along.
    As a new trainer in this region you get to travel the region. With your easy going character (boy) or your girly attitude (girl) you set off to explore this region.
    The region is made up of 3 main islands that are based on Hawaii. These islands were found by a group of explorers from both Kanto and Johto. They argued over who should get the islands. Ten years after they were found they became a separate region governed by the head of Battle Tower.
    50 years later...​

Main Story Addition 1:
    There used to be five team rocket sections. Now there are four. The one team that does not exist anymore killed Giovanni. Within 24 hours of the murder each and every member on this break away team was hunted down and killed. This killing caused the police to go mad and yet they never found out why it happened. Well, we know.

MAPS:
    Spoiler:

CURRENT FEATURES:
    A new region​
    mystery gift
    d/p/p pokemon screen

HELP:

I can do almost everything but, I have realized that as time goes on my progress slows because I have so much stuff to do related to the game. Anyone can help. If you can talk you can help. The things below are just a few of the things that I need. If you do not know how to do a job I can teach you. I will give you mystery gifts if you help. You do not need to send an application form but, you do need to send me a sample of your work. I will also give out other rewards. All helpers can communicate over pm, email, or this thread.
    I will put anywhere from a #1 to a #3 next to every position. The higher the number the more I need this position.
    I need:

Spoiler:

MEMBERS:
    Ty 101: Game creator, Game leader, Future planer, mapper, eventer, basic scripter, basic art, basic musician, Thread manager.
    carmaniac: General artist, region map maker, mapper, helper
    NikNaks - region map maker
    KaoruMikami - artist

CREDITS:

Nintendo: Everything pokemon and the basic structure of my game.​
    Poccil: The starter kit that revolutionized pokemon fangame making.​
    InMooseWeTrust: Materials and example game.​
    Wichu: Help with getting mystery gift working.​
    4thGenMatt: Materials.
    Hall of Famer: d/p pokemon screen script, and he let me use ~Red's Tiles.
    RMXP Unlimited: Shows download for ring menu.
    XRXS: Original Ring Menu Base.
    Maki: Edit and Fix of Ring menu base.
    Dupleaux: Show player location of ring menu base.
    RM2K3Kid: D/P Overworlds.
    ~Red (Previously ~AshAndMisty~): Tiles (by permission).
    Kyledove: Tiles
    Venom12: Instructions on how to add tiles to a tileset.
    Eevee: D/P/P Trainer sprites
    Zhen Lin: D/P/P Trainer Sprites
    Pika: D/P/P Trainer Sprites
    Pipian: D/P/P Trainer Sprites
    Hall of Fame Tile Artists: Hall of Fame master tileset
    Jonny Chleevas - tiles
    NikNaks - region map
    Mssingno - Fakemon Concepts
    KaoruMikami - Fakemon Sprites

If I forgot to mention you just tell me and I will add you.​

Trades

I am willing to trade almost anything in my game for a few of the services I need.

Known Errors

Spoiler:
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]

Extra Info

If you want to request some info feel free.
    I backup my game bi-weekly so you do not have to worry that I will lose my game
    Pokemon Sandstone is working with Hall of Fame.

Competition:

I will post a competition every once and a while.​

Diamond/Pearl style lighthouse tiles. These must be like the ones in the starter kit default tileset.​
    Reward: 10 Masterballs, 10 full restores and you get the next beta 1 week before it is out. You also get a custom tileset with d/p/p tiles and a place in the credits.
    Last but not least you get to use my mystery gift feature.
    Post if you want to see the example tiles.

I am desperate for this.

Downloads
    (Released about mid-march but, already majorly outdated.)

Here is a download for 0.2
    0.1 was only available for my friends.

It includes:
    d/p pokemon menu
    Mystery gift
    2 places of interest
    4 routes
    4 towns
    2 gyms

A mystery gift will be available if you post comments on my story.

Mega Uploads:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H419IUEX

Rapidshare:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/232631572/Pokemon_Sandstone_Version_0.exe.html

May not work

--------------------------------------------------------------------

All offers of mystery gift are only available if you contact me through pm and tell me when you want a master ball.

Last edited:
    Years
  • my advice, as always, is to base your new region off a place in Japan like the normal regions or off a group of islands, like the Sevii islands were. it usually ends up looking much better than when people make something up from scratch.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    Pokemon sandstone version

it is based off hawii

:0

Last edited:

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • The storyline is very interesting, and I can see this is a very carefully planned fan game that deserves attention. The maps look fine, but I strongly advise you to replace the old FR/LG tiles with a new tileset. You make make much more impressive and gorgeous maps this way.

Anyway, it's hard to work on everything alone. I will constantly check out this thread and leave comments if necessary. Keep up the good work!

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Your maps could use quite a bit of work, to be honest. There isn't much detail or variation at all.

For a start, the two towns don't have any paths on them. If people are living there, they'd either have built paths or trails would've naturally formed due to the constant flow of people walking the same directions.

Secondly, Square Crossing looks very boring with those huge squares of the same tile. Same goes for that crap load of long grass on Amethyst Isle.

You have limitless options with RMXP tilesets, so use them. Variety is the spice of life, afterall.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    I am switching to d/p/p tiles for the next version.
    I need to get my rom working first.
    I will be doing a lot of ripping.
    I have already decided that I will make the maps bigger and less boring.
    Less boring means that the maps will look reletivly the same but there will be different grasses and a much improved square crossing. (And better names.)
    I will update the first post later today.
    A nice pokedex will be in there too.
    The next version will have a animated title sequence.

The only thing holding me back is the competition.

I need help!
    I have a lot more work done than I am showing you and I will add the work after the next release.
    The release will be anywhere from 6-15 days from now.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    Thanks for your comments.
    The visual aspect of the game will soon get a makeover.
    The whole point of this release is to have a story and a small amount of area.
    I guess that if you know what you are doing you should be playing a 30 minute beta.
    There will be lengthening for the next beta.

Sage of Redemption

Wanderer or nowhere
    Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2009
    the maps look good, but screenshots would be appreciated, and with the maps, simplicity is key.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    Yeah.
    The maps are getting a complete makeover.
    They will only barely resemble the current ones.
    For now the main thing I would like comments on is the story.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    notice

If I can't double post tell me.
    I just wanted it to appear as though there is a new post in the thread.
    And on to business.

I have added 3 more rewards for the contest.
    I am desperate to get a contestant.

I also added a new map.

I am desperate for help.
    If you want to trade I will.
    I will have many new materials to trade soon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    Sorry for triple posting.

Sorry for triple posting.
    I haven't been able to get any replys.
    Hopefully the new demo will get me some.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2009
    Hi ty101 its your best friend

I really like the storyline. COOL!

Last edited:

Ac1d

Game Dev
    Years
  • with the boat on the first map, Make the rocks only surround the dock, else if, in the future you wished for that boat to be moving to another island, It would be rather strange :P

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2009
    I would have to agree with ac1d you could mabye put police or swimmers blocking an opening saying you cant go ferther

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back