• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon- Sea of Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
  • Hm...I dunno about those flowers. Since they're all the same, they seem too repetitive, especially when placed in patterns such as that. Same with the grass. Putting them together seems a little strange. I'd suggest spreading the flowers and grass patches out a bit.

Years
  • You should block the way in the left and right sides though :P
    Its blocked off by a tree you can cut and get a pokeball which has an item.

Hm...I dunno about those flowers. Since they're all the same, they seem too repetitive, especially when placed in patterns such as that. Same with the grass. Putting them together seems a little strange. I'd suggest spreading the flowers and grass patches out a bit.

Flowers are love, flowers are life.
    lol but yea, ty for the tip

JollyHaxorus

Dragon Type
    Years
  • Pokemon- Sea of Flames

This is the starting town, is subject to change.
    Currently looking for a mapper, cause as you can tell, my mapping skill is horrid XD But yea, it looks barren, any suggestion on what I can do to fill up the space?

What about a hot spring? I think water is always a good space-filler when used right, and since you're going for a town of fire pokemon.. it could work well to have a hot spring.

Just an idea lol

coca cola

Wanna be:D
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2015
    Can't wait to see your scripting then:D Though I was being serious about me doing the same as you when it came to rom bases haha.

Trainer VyNk

Cursed Hemophillic.
    Years
  • First of all, Congrats for entering hacking world, this Hack looks interesting slightly because of those NDS-Styled TileSet.

Best of Luck on Completing it.

Adding it to my Signature!

uh I lame question-: Which pokes' are starters?

by the way, I may have asking much but do you plan on adding Mega-Evolutions?

Because its a Tradition in hacks now a days to add spice of mega-evos. ;)

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Yep, figured why go for a linear direction when you can have the option to ally, betray, take over, and *censored for spoiler purposes huehuehue*
    Be careful, there. I know that non-linear storytelling may seem more attractive because it gives the player more freedom and adds more replayability, but there are drawbacks to it as well. Not only can it take vastly more time, but, depending on how deep you plan to make it, it could end up actually making the story less...good, should you choose to have branching paths. If you really plan to have branches,
    it is best that you do them because they aid the story in some way and not just because you can, otherwise you might find yourself in over your head.

Smaller choices, on the other hand, are not as dangerous, and can be used freely thanks to the ease that comes with using flags.

Years
  • First of all, Congrats for entering hacking world, this Hack looks interesting slightly because of those NDS-Styled TileSet.

Best of Luck on Completing it.

Adding it to my Signature!

uh I lame question-: Which pokes' are starters?

by the way, I may have asking much but do you plan on adding Mega-Evolutions?

Because its a Tradition in hacks now a days to add spice of mega-evos. ;)

The starter should be obvious due to the titlescreen lol But in terms of mega evolutions, I might, but that isnt priority, its like the icing on a cake, you do it last.

Be careful, there. I know that non-linear storytelling may seem more attractive because it gives the player more freedom and adds more replayability, but there are drawbacks to it as well. Not only can it take vastly more time, but, depending on how deep you plan to make it, it could end up actually making the story less...good, should you choose to have branching paths. If you really plan to have branches,
    it is best that you do them because they aid the story in some way and not just because you can, otherwise you might find yourself in over your head.

Smaller choices, on the other hand, are not as dangerous, and can be used freely thanks to the ease that comes with using flags.

By branching I mean there are two ways to play the game, on either side of the teams, so not that branching, but theres that. Of course theres mini choices and stuff like helping rescue pokemon, retrieve lost items sidequests for stuff, etc.

Years
  • So Arcanine is MAYBE Starter (Growlithe)..

About that Branching, We will be able to play as Evil team TWIO or Collect Badges either? Pure RPG Experience eh?

DONT CLICK IF YOU DONT WANT TO BE SPOILED
    Spoiler:

Years
  • The graphical style you've gone for is quite nice; it reminds me of those pixel art mockups made by Aquakip on deviantart. I do wonder how those overworlds will work when going through 16x16 doors though.

Years
  • The graphical style you've gone for is quite nice; it reminds me of those pixel art mockups made by Aquakip on deviantart. I do wonder how those overworlds will work when going through 16x16 doors though.

Ah yea, the sprites entering the building gets their top of the head cut off during animation, but theres no way to fix that

Also, I finished mapping the second town and scripted the first 20 min of the game, will post update soon.

Orifiel

Priestess
    Years
  • Wesley FG's base. I like how it looks like, will there be like special features besides its good graphics and stuff?

Years
  • The screens 3, 4, 5 and 6 contains graphics of the wesleyfg baserom

Did you read that that im using the base? lol

Hey guys, so how would you feel if I stopped using the WeasleyFG rombase? Dont get me wrong, its a great base, props to WeasleyFG, but its really hard to work with in terms of tiles, and also the overworld sprites. So I decided to port everthing over to firered and insert tiles myself (Thanks to Le Pugs tutorial) and I would like your feedback as to which I should use. The new one would be easier, the WeasleyFG base would take time, but look better.
    Pokemon- Sea of Flames

Last edited by a moderator:

GaryFreakingOak

8 badges in Kanto? I got 10.
    Years
  • Did you read that that im using the base? lol

Hey guys, so how would you feel if I stopped using the WeasleyFG rombase? Dont get me wrong, its a great base, props to WeasleyFG, but its really hard to work with in terms of tiles, and also the overworld sprites. So I decided to port everthing over to firered and insert tiles myself (Thanks to Le Pugs tutorial) and I would like your feedback as to which I should use. The new one would be easier, the WeasleyFG base would take time, but look better.
    Pokemon- Sea of Flames

I sometimes feel like I'm in the minority, but I think mapping and gameplay are MUCH more important than tilesets. I appreciate a good tileset as much as the next guy, but maps that make sense and gameplay that is actually fun can make me not even notice the how the game looks graphically (terrible sprites are a totally different thing, though!). I say whatever is easiest should be used :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back