• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shadow Grey - Shades of the Past Await

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    this is very interesting. you guys have my full support. if u need anything pm me *il try 2 help if i can, if u need banners as well*:D
    hope u guys continue :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2021
    If the beta tester's spots are open, i'd like to beta test the game. Sounds promising and i'd keep my eyes on this. :)

ShadowGrey

Graphix Master
    Years
  • Okay everyone, here's the deal. I'm guessing most people thought this hack was sunk before it even began, but that is not the case. Although progress is slow (incredibly slow -_-) things are still happening, there have been quite a few changes over the past months, some which you may like, others which I know you want, these are however necessary due to and as of the whims of the KCAT HAX team. Generally there won't be much information released as of yet, but we are full steam ahead at the moment trying to finally release that beta.

Last edited:

ShadowGrey

Graphix Master
    Years
  • Hey guys, I have a little video here which basically suggests what happens in the first town in Shadow Gray, I know it may seem a little different from the screens but it can't be helped, if the hack is to be completed, or even progress at all then certain things must be taken into account, time constraints due to university etc. So anyway, if you get a chance check it out, leave your feedback.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcpPqQRh8co

Much appreciated,
    Shadow.

Last edited:

ShadowGrey

Graphix Master
    Years
  • Update Guys, just to say we are in need of a top notch scripter, we don't exactly have a professional, and although I can do most scripts myself, battles, text flags all the basics etc we need someone who can wrap their head around large story scripts. Please get in touch as we can't really get any further without one.
    Much appreciated,
    Shadow.

ShadowGrey

Graphix Master
    Years
  • No longer in need of a scriptor though it would be nice to have someone on board who is good at hacking title screen, intro etc. Please apply.

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
    Years
  • No longer in need of a scriptor though it would be nice to have someone on board who is good at hacking title screen, intro etc. Please apply.

The intro can be hacked just by finding the images in unlz.gba. If you want to get more in-depth than that... I have absolutely no idea what the heck you need to do.

ShadowGrey

Graphix Master
    Years
  • The intro can be hacked just by finding the images in unlz.gba. If you want to get more in-depth than that... I have absolutely no idea what the heck you need to do.

Yeh thanks lol, that much we already know. I've personally looked over several different tutorials but none seem to really work 100% least not for me anyway. It would be good to have someone who really knows what they are are doing and has perhaps done this before.

Also as a general update I believe it's about time for the Beta release, but I was wondering what everyone really wanted out of it? How far through the story line would people like the beta to be? How many gyms etc.

Thanks for your time,

Shadow.

qaz015393

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    great bit of news man. As for how long the hack is, i believe it should be all up to u.
    I don't mind bc this looks/sounds like a great hack & will dl/play any beta for this.

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
    Years
  • This is coming along nicely, good work hey.
    I agree with qaz on the beta, that should be up to you but maybe to the end of the 2nd Gym?
    Gives a decent amount of gameplay and gives a good preview of your work.
    Good luck, ill be lookin forward to the beta :)

ShadowGrey

Graphix Master
    Years
  • Quick update for you guys.

- Somewhere along the lines of this hack it appears we have picked up a glitch, where no pokemon seems to want to evolve. We are not sure why this is happening and can't find a reason why, if this continues to be the case we may have to swap what we have onto a fresh rom base an see if the problem persists. This however will take time, mainly with the reinserting of all the tiles/palettes.
    Other than that, as far as updates go, we should have a 30% complete beta within the next couple of weeks.

- We are still looking for others to join the team, due to the constraints of University we are effectively down to two members. ShadowSpriter, who pretty much has all the spriting handled, and myself. Unfortunately I am having to do around 90% of the work at the moment; mapping, tiling, scripting, trainer creation etc. You name it, I'm doing it.

- What would be really helpful to us is if someone could lend their expertise in both sprite insertion and intro/title screen hacking. I appreciate anyone who wants to offer advice on the subject but realistically I just don't have the time or the patience to do these things. We only need around 12 Pokemon sprites inserted at the moment and we need the entire intro/title screen (intro will just include the team's logo etc).
    If anyone has these skills and would like to apply it would be really appreciated, you would be included as part of the team and would therefore be credited as such.

- As a little side note: We are considering looking into CSS to jazz up this page a little and make it more appealing for you guys. If anyone knows any links to some simple and quick tutorials this would also be a help, or if anyone would like to have a go creating one themselves, please get in touch!

My thanks as always,

Shadow.

Last edited:

qaz015393

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Sorry to hear tht man. Hope u guys can work it out.

Sorry man University is taking up most of my time *starting to think about final projects & papers now*.

That sounds good to do. I did CSS last semester with adobe dream weaver & notpad. I havnt done it in a while & forgot how to do it *thou i could get into it again if I had the time*. Sorry cant be more help.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Are you trying to evolve Pokemon that aren't from Kanto without the national pokedex? If so, you need the national pokedex for them to evolve.

Back