• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Shadow of the Wastes

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
    55-60 sounds reasonable for somebody who just got out North Gate and is on their way to the League. That's about the level of the Pokemon in Poison Mountain. ^-^ Or probably. Still haven't actually written down this stuff to work out the kinks. But pretty close.

No weak trainers on THAT path, by the way...

Anyway, of course you can, Poke. You've been here from the beginning, and I remember things like that.

EDIT: You know, (@ Kitsune) after reading through what you said again, I might make you a minorly important character. I still want to keep you an Ace Trainer, but I think I want to add a little backstory that you came to try and "destroy the darkness".

I think it would add a bit to the story because there are actually philosophical-ish themes to it, and I have a point I could make with that...

EDIT 2: In fact, I may even make you a separate character just for that. You saw the approaching darkness, and wanted to bring peace... but of course, peace isn't always as simple as destroying the thing which you believe is the evil. Sounds good to me. We'll have to see how the personality works out, though, because I don't know you that well.

Last edited:

~Poke~

Hasn't played 5th gen yet.
    Years
    ...Maybe we can be friends who came together to get rid of it...
    And my typhlosion is to keep the bugs under control when they get rowdy.

Johto Legend 17

A Legend of Johto
    Years
    :D

55-60 sounds reasonable for somebody who just got out North Gate and is on their way to the League. That's about the level of the Pokemon in Poison Mountain. ^-^ Or probably. Still haven't actually written down this stuff to work out the kinks. But pretty close.

No weak trainers on THAT path, by the way...

Anyway, of course you can, Poke. You've been here from the beginning, and I remember things like that.

EDIT: You know, (@ Kitsune) after reading through what you said again, I might make you a minorly important character. I still want to keep you an Ace Trainer, but I think I want to add a little backstory that you came to try and "destroy the darkness".

I think it would add a bit to the story because there are actually philosophical-ish themes to it, and I have a point I could make with that...

EDIT 2: In fact, I may even make you a separate character just for that. You saw the approaching darkness, and wanted to bring peace... but of course, peace isn't always as simple as destroying the thing which you believe is the evil. Sounds good to me. We'll have to see how the personality works out, though, because I don't know you that well.

Cool! ^_^! See I can come up with good things in a serious game if you just give me time to think about it! and ~Poke~: Are you talking about me and you are friends on the game? Like a Johto Champion and his best friend kind of thing? If thats the case im fine with that!

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
    Course you can, Machomuu. You're on the team, why wouldn't I? ^-^

And you can be a trainer too, PLC, but I want to keep legendary use down, so no Rayquaza... sorry. XD You can replace it with something else if you want.

And Kitsune... did you really read through my post? I said I would put you in, and might make you a character that came to try to defeat the darkness. But I NEVER said I would make you "champion of Jhoto". In fact, I said I wouldn't. The characters (Like Ash and Lance) may be a little out of character, because this is based on something like a fanfic (but no, not to get me together with my favorite character, I'll have a partner in game who is more competitive, but he isn't anyone you know); a story by my sister and I. And we haven't seen a whole lot of the actual anime (I prefer to stick to the game storylines and expand on them).

But Poke, since Kitsune doesn't have a problem with you two being friends, neither do I, as long as I have room for the sprites. Just remember that your role is actually of someone who, though trying to do good, is actually misguided.

Last edited:

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
    Kaylee, I've been looking around this thread and noticed the poison legendary a few pages back and was wondering if I could draw it for you as I have a yearning to draw it.
    So, can I? You can use it if you want if I do it.
    If you want to see what I can, pm me and I'll send you some examples I've done and possibly be an artist for this game.

Johto Legend 17

A Legend of Johto
    Years
    Oh. I need to pay more attention to the what im reading...lulz.
    Im fine with what you do Kaylee.
    Just do what you want! :)

~Poke~

Hasn't played 5th gen yet.
    Years
    OK, make me this one it's already in FireRed.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
    No legendaries? But Rayquaza is practically my icon! Okay, how about, Dragonite? Oh, also, I would like to know what Pokemon your party will have. I'm making a little place called the Battle Area, where the Battle Frontier is in Emerald, and I'm putting lots of tough trainers in there, including some from here.

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
    Okay. Glad that's cleared up, Kitsune, and glad there's no hard feelings.

And Wolfybob, that would be pretty cool! Go ahead and try it. It's Dragon/Poison type. If I like it, I might use it for some graphics prettiness on the first post! I'll acknowledge you, too.

Oh, and a random question for everybody. Do you think I should start up a website for this hack? I might not start work on it right away, and it would be somewhere free, but I was thinking about doing it, and wanted to know what everybody thought about it.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
    I think it's a good idea. I know of two free sites that you could use. Proboards and Wetpaint.

Last edited:

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
    The two free website places that I've used in the past are freewebs (now known as webs) and weebly.

EDIT: Kaylee, quick question, the poison legendary, what is it's general mood? Calm, angry, happy, sad etc....

Last edited:

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
    @ Poke - yup, it's fine. Glad this is working out well.

@PLC - I know (about Rayquaza). I'd let you have it if it made sense, but only a major character might even possibly have a legendary. But Dragonite is fine.

Myself, my party is Dragonite, Kingdra, Flygon, Altaria, Salamence, and either Latias or Espeon, depending on whether legends are allowed. I'm not completely sure which I'll use in this game, either, because although there was more than one Latias at one point, there's also the cutting-down-on-legends thing.

If I have a Latias, I'll also make sure there's a good reason. (My partner and I might have the duo. But you'll still be able to get them too. I really think they could breed. Might even work that into my game, even though it would make them a little less special. If I do they'll have a baby form.)

Anyway, thanks for the feedback on the website thing, guys. I'll probably do it. I could put more info about the game there, and some lists and things. More stuff than you'd want to put on a forum post. ^-^

EDIT: The legendary is rather misunderstood. He should look kind of sad and resentful, but not too angry.

Last edited:

Johto Legend 17

A Legend of Johto
    Years
    This hack is gonna flourish and possibly get the hack of the week, month, ....or even year award as far as I look at it! And as for the website...you do that! Thats how you can make your hack even more popular. One hack for example: Rijionn adventures...has a website so this one can too!

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
    What's been happening

^-^ Well, I'm really glad you're so excited, Kitsune. *shiftyeyes* ...thanks for bumping my thread... hehehe.

Machomuu and I are talking about scripts now. And I'm talking to Rabbit about ice tiles.

I've been talking with my brother (who isn't on here) about websites, too.

I have the player's house mostly done, and here's a picture of the bottom floor:

Johto Legend 17

A Legend of Johto
    Years
    Ill keep bumping this thread up because I think this hack is gonna succed greatly. As for the house...thats one big room for the players house and it looks impressive! I guess that room is going to have several different people in it like...your mom..dad...friends and other family members all in there I think...anyways keep it up!

AmusedRaccoon

Dilettante
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2015
    Wow. I'm still pretty new and I haven't seen very many hacks, but out of what I have seen, this is the only one I'm inclined to support. It's a great concept, and you're literate, and.. and that map -- it's so Earthbound!

Heh, best of luck with this, Krysteenah -- I'll definitely check back to this thread every so often. I've got a hack of my own to puzzle over and I'm not great at any one thing, but if you ever need temporary assistance, go ahead and ask.

Support'd. :3

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
    Yes! Another supporter! Thanks! You flatter me, seriously. o^-^o

In more news (lol) I'm working on getting up a site on webs. When it's up, I'll put a link to it in the first post, but right now, it would be rather pointless for you to go there, since it's not finished...

Well, I loved this game idea from the beginning, guys, but the more I see that other people like it too, the more I'm encouraged to finish. Thanks especially to the people who are using the banners, or who continue to stop by here and talk about the game.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
    I like the concept of roads leading from town to town. I always wondered why poke'mon lacked them most of the time. It is a lot more logical to have a clear path from place to place as opposed to making you travel a route that is the only route to get to a town, yet it is infested by plant life and wild poke'mon ready to attack you.

great work!

Back