• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: pokemon shadow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
  • That was all I needed! ;)

Yup this is the Hacks Showcase and you're making a hack, so here is the right place!

Last edited:

Krusty

6 string shredder and art dude
    Years
  • I like the look of the pokecenter.
    But one thing that looks weird to me is this...
    pokemon shadow

the third guy's hair/hat thing looks a little strange, but other than that they look good.

Butchimatic

Sprite Master-in-Training
    Years
  • Thanks. I made the Pokemon Center.

Yes, I know about the trainers. We should think of something a bit more original.
    What do you think, you guys?

Nintendo freak

Pineapples!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 26, 2008
    This is gonna be a major edit. It's gonna be a hack of Ruby, but there's gonna be absolutely nothing from Ruby in it except for graphics and such. We're making a completely new storyline, new features (ex: Secret Elite, Team Shadow, Tyranitorch)., and even new characters! (Yes, we're remaking the normal trainers like Lass and Cooltrainer and such.) Hope you like it, a beta will be out soon (according to deefunx back on Pokemon Shadow's forums).

Years
  • That battle screenshot is paint-made.

Not a real screenshot.

Look at this attached image for proof.

Also, the gender icon is gone and 11th character is there as the max is 10 and the rom wont allow a 11th.

Butchimatic

Sprite Master-in-Training
    Years
  • Well Tyranitorch doesn't need a gender, plus I can think of a new name for him:

Tyrchitar
    Torchitar

Tyrantorch, Tyrnitorch, or Tyranitrch (Fearligator's name is Fearligatr (no o) in the games)

Nintendo freak

Pineapples!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 26, 2008
    Jade said:
    That battle screenshot is paint-made.
    Not a real screenshot.
    Well, duh. There's no way we could start the romhacking until we have all the sprites, music, and romhacking research done. O_o

deefunx

Ho-Noez
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 18, 2006
    its already been stated that we havent started hacking and is that box 65x65 because pokemon sprites are sometimes bigger that the 65x65 limit they can go up to 75x75

deefunx

Ho-Noez
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 18, 2006
    i dont want to start a fight but search for total sprites resource on google go to their forum and ask a pokemon spriter called bean he i an expert custom pokemon maker, actually he has an account here so you could pm him but he is rarely on and he clearly said most pokemon are 65x65 or lower but some can go up to 75x75-get a 64x64 box and put it over lugia

Pikachu_King

Sith Lord: Darth PK
    Years
  • deefunx said:
    i dont want to start a fight but search for total sprites resource on google go to their forum and ask a pokemon spriter called bean he i an expert custom pokemon maker, actually he has an account here so you could pm him but he is rarely on and he clearly said most pokemon are 65x65 or lower but some can go up to 75x75-get a 64x64 box and put it over lugia
    sorry but the limit in the games is 64 by 64, it can't be any bigger or else you'll corrupt the ROM, and ROM hacking is tougher than making fake screenshots, from what I read on serebii you guys don't even know the first thing of ROM-hacking. AND pokemon must use existing palletes.......... if you need some help I'll be glad t help you trim down your sprites.

and lugia is EXACTLY 64 by 64, no bigger, no smaller.

Nintendo freak

Pineapples!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 26, 2008
    Pikachu_King said:
    sorry but the limit in the games is 64 by 64, it can't be any bigger or else you'll corrupt the ROM, and ROM hacking is tougher than making fake screenshots, from what I read on serebii you guys don't even know the first thing of ROM-hacking. AND pokemon must use existing palletes.......... if you need some help I'll be glad t help you trim down your sprites.

and lugia is EXACTLY 64 by 64, no bigger, no smaller.
    Oh..... ;_; but since you asked, sure you can help. We need all the help we can get.

Pikachu_King

Sith Lord: Darth PK
    Years
  • Nintendo freak said:
    Oh..... ;_; but since you asked, sure you can help. We need all the help we can get.
    okay. anytime I get a bit of spare time I'll see what I cando for ya ^_^ *adds another thing to my htings I'll do list* I can put sprites into a ROM, I can map, I can do almost everything except for sripting (the elite map I got didn't come with the rubikon codes list so I have yet to learn to script........scripting is telling things what to do: Ie: tellling kyogre to come towards you to battle incave of origin, telling your rival to leave after the battle, etc.)

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
    Years
  • Hmm... there is soemthing odd about this hack that tickels my little brain. :- \
    There is something wrong with all of those screens and sprites I've seen so far but I can't put my hand on what it is...
    Other than the fact that the palletes and sizes don't quite fit. :- \
    Edit: *reads page 2* lol

Well you could repoint some sprites but not alot bigger.
    As far as it's palletes I just couldn't help notice that they are way off on the colors.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back