• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shining Silver - The Legacy of Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
    Congrats, K-zone!
    Pokemon Shining Silver - The Legacy of Silver

My computer started acting weird when I made it.

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    Okay Kakerzone, seeing as you won HOTW, I will be reviewing your hack.
    An problems with that?

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    Oh, awesome. I think the new tiles fit this a lot better than Jake's or Saurav's. I just don't like the grass, it looks kinda odd to me, but meh. Anyway, looks great! keep it up mate. Luck~

Flandre Scarlet

Free your mind.
    Years
    Wow, thanks dudes, for all of your comments. Sorry, I wasn't able to catch up with you guys since my net connection was being slow and wouldn't load PC. Also, thanks for the people that voted for me in HotW, I'm really happy. :) The alpha will go up to Violet City, and is almost ready to hand out to the alpha testers for testing. Thanks, all again!

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
    Years
    kakerZone Y Kudos for winning HOTW! Im sure my hack will eventually get it...

...anyways constuctive critisism. If you know how to, i suggest you do some tile revamping for sprout tower because so many hacks have those same tiles. also the headbutt trees are kinda flat, mabee shade them?

Flandre Scarlet

Free your mind.
    Years
    Thanks, dude. :3 Hehe... I'm sure your hack will :O

Well, I'll try to make some different tiles for the sprout tower. And yes, I already shaded them on the bottom, just forgot to post 'em :O

New screenshots: Interior

Credits to: Kyledove for tiles.

Thanks for looking!

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2019
    Thanks, dude. :3 Hehe... I'm sure your hack will :O

Well, I'll try to make some different tiles for the sprout tower. And yes, I already shaded them on the bottom, just forgot to post 'em :O

New screenshots: Interior

Credits to: Kyledove for tiles.

Thanks for looking!
    Giggity, I looooove the new tiles ;D

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
    Hi, just seen this for the first time and it looks great. Personally I don't like remakes but as long as you keep it true to the first game but with a fair amount of new stuff, I'll be happy.
    Anyway, looks great, good luck with it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2012
    Wow, this Hack looks pretty good! For real... I can't wait to have the final version of Shining Silver!

Congratulations! This one is pretty good!

Pokémon Trainer Kenta

Pokémon Master of Johto
    Years
    This is by far one of the greatest things ever created! Ever since FR/LG hit stores I've been wanting a G/S/C remake. This is so well-made it seems, too. I have two things, one question and one "gift."

1. Could I possible be a tester? I realise that you don't need any more, but it would tame my ever-burning want to play. You don't have to.

2. I have really good, possibly better (no offense) Kenta (Male Hero) sprites that you could use in this. They have the perfect FR/LG style (big head,etc.) and everything which I think would fit in great. No credit needed (not even wanted really).

I also have various G/S/C gym leader sprites remade and some other trainers like "Seth" from Colosseum and the Rangers.

EDIT: I've found Liquid Crystal and am quite happy. Don't get me wrong, I'll still play the Hell outta' this one, but Crystal was always my favorite game. Still awaiting this one, so keep up the great work!

Last edited:

Flandre Scarlet

Free your mind.
    Years
    @ ~Watermelon: Done.
    @ Lord Wolfybob: Thanks! :3
    @ Buizel 9: At the bottom of this post. Thanks.
    @ NickNet: Thanks for your comment! I hope you like the final release. :3
    @ jazzyman: It was Pokesho's sprite, I chose it because I liked it.
    @ xeladude: Agreed.
    @ 1993ted: Thanks, dude.
    @ Pokemon Trainer Kenta: Thanks. Also, I already have 6 testers in total... So no, sorry. And thanks.
    @ PokemonBroski: Aww... you think? :O Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updates: New intro sprites! --Credits: Kyledove (whoops my bad I was thinking of something else... :/)

This brings it one step closer to the alpha!
    Thanks!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back