• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Shining Sun & Midnight Moon

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2011
    Hi, I'm BB and used to known as MetaMew. Before Shining Sun and Midnight Moon, these games were called Pokemon Black Eclipse and Pokemon Weather. I changed around many things for a variety of reasons.

This game will have two versions - Shining Sun and Midnight Moon. The only differences between them will be the version exclusives.

Features
    -70+ new pokemon
    -New region - Gohir
    -8 gyms, Elite 4, Gohir Academy Tournament
    -PokePal - equivalent to pokegear. instant PC access anywhere except buildings
    -Two key items that allow you to manipulate day and night
    -Replayability after Elite 4 - Fight fellow Academy members.
    -RollerBlades & Hoverboard - Bikes are out of style
    -Wish Balls - Gather all three. Up to 1 wish a day. Wish for ANY item(no pokemon)
    Main characters
    sonnymaincharacter.png
    Sonny
    Hometown: Dracogate Town
    Original starters: Magikarp, Plaqua

??? Raven
    Hometown: Dracogate Town
    Original starters: Magikarp, Blazphur
    Story Outline:
    Coming Soon

New Pokemon:
    blazphur.png
    Blazphur
    Fire fur pokemon
    Type: Fire
    Height: 2'4
    Weight: 21lbs

Dandilio (Coming soon)
    Tropic lion pokemon
    Type: Grass
    Height: 1'8
    Weight: 15lbs

plaqua.png
    Plaqua
    Duck-bill pokemon (Platypus)
    Type: Water
    Height: 1'4
    Weight: 17lbs

Kororae - Sun legendary
    kororaesilo.png

Type:Fire/Light
    Height: 6'3
    Weight: 242lbs

Nulbese - Moon legendary
    Type: Water/Dark
    Height: 13'00
    Weight: 1224bs

Main characters:
    Spoiler:

Gym leaders:
    Florette
    florettebigpic.png
    florettegymleader.png
    naturebadge.png

"The fierce yet flowery protector of SandPoint Reserve"
    Type: Grass
    Place: SandPoint Grounds
    Badge: Nature
    Pokemon:
    dpmfa315.png
    dpmfa387.png
    ???

Screenshots:
    pokemonssmmscreens.png

Positions as of now:
    Spriter
    Mapper
    Scripter

If you could help with anyone these, please pm me or reply in topic. All updates will be made on the first post.​

Last edited:

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
  • You're town is too boring. I say you should decrease the size, take out the top row of houses, then add a few more unique things to it.

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
    Years
  • What's the point of version exclusives, if you can't trade? If you are adding the ability to trade, why not say so? Otherwise, it's an arbitrary limit based on the real games that, in this case, is far more limiting than even Nintendo would be willing to be toward a player. At the same time, if the only difference is going to be the version exclusives, what would be the incentive to play both versions? Why not just make one game and be done with it?

Also, what is the story? Why does the character do what they do, and why should we want to help him on his quest? So far, you've got a bunch of features that seem like they're there just to be cool, with little to no real thought behind them. For example, what's the difference between the roller blades and the hover board, what is their advantage over the bike, and do you still have running shoes? Can you actually make 70 or more new Pokémon, that not only look good, but don't break the game because you gave them moves because there were cool? And what is the point of manipulating day/night? Does it offer any unique advantages, such as potentially solving puzzles, allowing access to certain places, or is it another feature that's there because you thought it sounded cool?

Don't take this the wrong way. I'm not saying you're stupid, or that this game sucks. I'm trying to figure out what the reasons behind these features are, and I'm trying to help you make a game that everyone can enjoy.

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2011
    You made some very good points Glitchfinder. I'm still working on some things so everything will be explained soon.

Also, screenshots are up. Storyline and more coming soon.

Years
  • Did you make those sprites yourself? If so, kudos! If not, you need to credit the authors. Same goes for Essentials.

Your OP is also quite difficult to read (use bold to break it up a bit), but you seem to have some good characters worked out (I'd be interested to see info on their backstories), but I have a few reservations about your other features. Glitchfinder's already brought up the strange day/night thing, but I'd ask why your computer doesn't work indoors. Surely there'd be Wi-Fi inside that works better than the connection outside? I also don't see the need behind those Wish Balls. If you don't put caps on things like wishing for Master Balls or Key Items, it'd unbalance the game horribly, but reducing the pool of items to choose from would make it near redundant, assuming you can't have them until late on when you'll have more money than you'd need anyway.

Still, some interesting ideas, but give us some more detail. It's hard to go at such sparse info.

Back