• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Shiny Black

wasteaway

RomMapper
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2010
    PM me if you want to join or just click the banner below. beta 1.1 is released.

I need:
    a scripter
    a spriter
    anything to help with the production

So far I have decided to make a Pokémon academy game.

You first start out in a town called Forale town, there You start as a Pokémon fan who studies Pokémon a lot. You are still 9 years old. your birthday is the next day. After a long day of errands you head home and go to bed. The next day you head to the Pokémon center where you get your ticket to the Pokémon academy island.

After a long cruise on the S.S. Pearl and meeting your friends and rivals you arrive at the Pokémon academy. You first head to your dorm rooms and unpack. Your bed sheets and clothes. After one of your rivals comes in and says hes your room mate. After he introduces more of him self you have to attend your first assembly. You meet prof. Mornin. The next day you fill your application and get ready for your first class. after 15 classes you get to catch your first Pokémon. All the starters are with in the area, includes: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Pikachu, Eevee, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip. You only get one pokeball with a catch rate of 100%. You only have two options, Pokeball or run. Once you catch the pokemon, the teacher will ring the bell to come back. After that you can never get back in.

After you get your first starter you go to the Battle arena where you have to beat each type of Pokémon.
    * Bug
    * Fighting
    * Flying
    * Ghost
    * Ground
    * Normal
    * Poison
    * Rock
    * Steel
    * Dark
    * Dragon
    * Electric
    * Fire
    * Grass
    * Ice
    * Water
    * Psychic

After You beat each Pokémon type you learn about status conditions such as paralysis and poisoning etc. Then you go through the gym leader course. After defeating the gym leader course teacher, your
    graduation awaits you.

The day of the grad prof. Mornin Gets kid napped by the notorious team rocket. every trainer is looking for him. Its poring rain and any trainer may think you are the kid napper. After finding the prof. and his kid napper, you immediately battle him. He has some of the prof. rare Pokémon. the Pokémon are Turtwig, Chimchar, and Piplup. The only Shinnoh Pokémon on this game. After defeating him you get to choose one for yourself. Then you get the day off. The next day is the actual graduation. You get back on the boat you came on and head home.

During the boat ride you are continuously battled by your friends and rivals of the academy. Went you get home, your mother greets you and you get a welcoming party. The next day you get to start the Drantuer League challenge. It says that you have to earn 4 official badges of the league. so you travel across the region and collect these badges and battle the league. After that you get a pass for battle island. You can get the other 4 badges there. Earning those badges lets you battle the Other Pokémon league in the game. Battle island is pretty huge. after defeating the champion, you beat the game!! we'll theres two more last things you have to do... Battle prof. Mornin and capture all the Pokémon. the legendaries are Included. you have to use surf and find them all on their uncharted island.

Thats it.

This game will take some time.. look out for beta versions!!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    I can do some maps eventually. I'm only good at EDITING maps though, not creating them. I can change base stats, abilities, and types of pokemon too if you need that.

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
    Years
    or you can copy the safari system.

Nah thats not very good, coz it also has the rock throw thing and bait thing.

Anyway...
    The storyline is really different compared to other games which is good.
    But the intro is extremly long and it seems you dont get your first badge intill ages,
    The region sounds good, and the way you have described the school and stuff, I would love to do some maps for you.

wasteaway

RomMapper
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2010

Nah thats not very good, coz it also has the rock throw thing and bait thing.

Anyway...
    The storyline is really different compared to other games which is good.
    But the intro is extremly long and it seems you dont get your first badge intill ages,
    The region sounds good, and the way you have described the school and stuff, I would love to do some maps for you.

You could if you knew scripting. I plan to learn only that script and make a mod of their battle system.

wasteaway

RomMapper
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2010
    Have you ever heard of something called Pokemon White version?
    yea, by foullump. I am sorta making the opposite game of it. I haven't seen much progress on his game though on youtube. I used to see lots of videos from him, but now don't see much. please tell me if he is working on it. I check his site lots and still the same thing. Good news everyone.... I am not trying to make a better game, I am going to make one like it. You can help me if you like.

Ripper

The Dark Knight
    Years
    It's currently on hold in terms of release due to NCraze being down. It will be released sometime soon hopefully. The Beta should be about 4 hours of gameplay I think...

wasteaway

RomMapper
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2010
    It's currently on hold in terms of release due to NCraze being down. It will be released sometime soon hopefully. The Beta should be about 4 hours of gameplay I think...
    I saw that. that explains alot. thnx

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
    Years
    I could script, free totally next week (half-term, unless we go on some unexpected holiday or something).
    Also, that logo for your game is quite large and is antialiased to white, on a black background.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2008
    theres a curse with pokemon games that start with shiney. most end up good. this isnt an exception

wasteaway

RomMapper
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2010
    I dont know if I should try this... I want to start at Island one and go from there. I am learning Ruby Scripting for RPG maker vx Lately but soon I will learn the scripting for this. this game will be up and going once I finish an RPG vx project.

My date for it being done is august at the latest. no promises. then I will try to learn the script in September. I will redo the logo since its huge.

Razor Ramon

Undefeated in D/P
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    do u still need a spriter me and my cuz will be happy to take the job

i made this tauros pre evo if u want me and my cuzin will work for u and help, i can also map (somewat decent)

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2009
    MY MANY SPRITES!!!!!!!!!!!!

these are all the sprites i made today thanks to the help of _pikachu_ he taught me yay!

Back