• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon size

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2009
    I dont get y ash will use like a pikachu and a bulbasaur in one battle and then in another use charizard and snorlax or anything bigger wouldnt u think the bigger pokemon would win, like if an awesome trained turtwig faced a crappy untrained wailord how could the wailord lose it's like a million times bigger than the turtwig.

Blue_Drifblim

¯\(º_o)/¯
    Years
  • Well, like you said: It was an awesome trained Turtwig vs a crappy Wailord. In the Pokemon world(or shall I say anime?), size doesn't matter. I mean, it does seem illogical that a huge 900 pound whale can get beaten by a small plant thing, but who's using logic? You're talking about Pokemon. XD

Edit: You know what? Now I want to see a Turtwig fight a Wailord in the show... That would be funny.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Going by that logic, a "Hot Skitty on Wailord Action" would be VERY painful...

Erm... Let's just say size never matter. Plus, it's just a cartoon.

varial295

A pokemon researcher
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2010
    well size to me doesnt matter its the power and heart that comes in iut

Jumpluff

I make the Rules, You follow.
    Years
  • I think that Pikachu could never beat a Groudon, In the game It would never but Anime is a special place where they could do anything.

Games are just for fun and enjoying the differences of levels, items and attacks.

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
  • Being large makes the movements of a Pokemon slow. The opponent can take advantage of that. So yeah, having a large Pokemon does not guaranty a win.
    Like S. Magumarashi said, it's the skill and tactics that will determin the victor.

However, what Pikachu ( with a weight of around 13.2 lbs) pulled off during the opening of the 10th movie (knocking over a Torterra - around 683.4 lbs -, which is over 50 times the weight of Pikachu) with Iron Tail is simple not possible.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    in the anime sizze doesn't matter...plus if the bigger pokemon always won, there would be no excitement in the show really...

joehat

Yay
    Years
  • Being large makes the movements of a Pokemon slow. The opponent can take advantage of that. So yeah, having a large Pokemon does not guaranty a win.
    Like S. Magumarashi said, it's the skill and tactics that will determin the victor.

However, what Pikachu ( with a weight of around 13.2 lbs) pulled off during the opening of the 10th movie (knocking over a Torterra - around 683.4 lbs -, which is over 50 times the weight of Pikachu) with Iron Tail is simple not possible.

Ahh I guess the above poster meant Torterra instead of Groudon. I was gonna saaay.

Anime physics. Agreed.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2009
    i guess i get it yea i do understand its a show. but another thing is ive never seen a trainer with a wailord it would even like fit in a stadium.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Personally, I never thought size mattered to begin with. I've seen a midget beat up a 6 foot-odd man before, so it'll be no surprise if a Diguda (Diglett) beat up a Hoeruo (Wailord). . >.> Although, type disadvantages are a different story. .

Gars129

Is now focused on other things
    Years
  • Pikachu did beat a regice if im not wrong. In the games, a pikachu with grass knot could beat groudon.

Years
  • yea imo size doesn't matter one bit as long as you have a type that's stronger and has the heart it'll win plus super effective attacks don't always mean everything its all about the heart baby :)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    as the saying goes, the bigger they are, the harder they fall

lolz

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
  • I agree. Surely the Wailord would just use Body Slam and that would be that? XD
    But of course, the chances of us seeing a Turtwig fighting a Wailord are soooo low... It would be cool, but extremely odd.
    There is no logic in Pokemon. Okay, there's a bit, but not that much.

Though actually, I guess that Body Slam thing actually would happen to begin with, but then Ash would find some way around it using Turtwig's awesome speed. ^_^
    xX

Back