• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Skarn

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Okay, I know that I haven't showed much promise as of yet, and that's because I'm busy with school, so today I have decided to integrate D/P pokemon into the hack. As of now I don't know how many there will be, but so far I only have a few. I haven't edited their names but for the D/P starters I will take out the Kanto Starters.

I know this might upset some people but I like D/P pokemon much more that the Kanto ones. I plan on having Weavile due to it being another one of my favorites from D/P. Well, without further adu, here's a preview.

Pokemon Skarn

EDIT:Oh, and the reason it looks really light is because the black kept messing up, even without exporting the palette.

And you're probably thinking that D/P pokemon didn't exist before D/P but really, I don't think it should be that way so I'm putting whatever pokemon I want in it.

Last edited:

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    so today I have decided to integrate D/P pokemon into the hack.

Dude your seriously bumming me out here. Couldn't you at least make the Kanto starters catchable? I mean come on, it is called The Dawn of Kanto.

Ooka

Years
    Yeah, I guess you have a point, since Johto is my least-favorite gen, I'll just replace those. I might even try to just replace some of the unknowns.

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
    yeah, Kanto starters > Johto starters
    I think keeping in the kanto starters would be more fun, and more compatible with the plot

Ooka

Years
    But, I do want the starters to be Sinnoh starters, just because I don't think when Ash finds a new region that new pokemon are all of a sudden brought out of no where.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    But, I do want the starters to be Sinnoh starters, just because I don't think when Ash finds a new region that new pokemon are all of a sudden brought out of no where.

That's cool, and yeah work on replacing the unowns, they just piss me off.><

Ooka

Years
    Well, I had some problems with compileing script on Vista but I think I've figured them out. I might work on my tutorial for a few.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    Well, I had some problems with compileing script on Vista but I think I've figured them out. I might work on my tutorial for a few.

Oh, hacking on Vista must be tough. Well keep at it, were all rooting for you.

Ooka

Years
    Alright, so I have successfully mapped, scripted and perfected Pallet town and Viridian City. Sounds great right? Well it's not, I just found out that I havn't put any storyline events in yet. But don't worry, I think I'll figure something out, here's something to occupy your time:

Pokemon Skarn

I have absolutly no idea where the little dot in the corner came from, it wasn't there when I was inserting the picture.

Well, now that I have made these I need to re-edit the trainer card but I finally got the time to do the sprites at the beginning of the game.

Pokemon Skarn
    Pokemon Skarn

One last thing, does anyone here know how to fix this problem, because if not I have to go way backwards in my hack.
    Pokemon Skarn

Last edited:

Ooka

Years
    Well, the problem happened after I tried to change the Experience bar, since it didn't work I replaced my edited one with the original and it still won't go back to normal.

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
    Years
    Well i dunno. But i think its better if you restart your hack. You can just import maps and sprites and so on. I think that would be good for you.
    Good Luck

Shadowz

Among the Shadowz...
    Years
    One last thing, does anyone here know how to fix this problem, because if not I have to go way backwards in my hack.
    Pokemon Skarn

Hmm this has never happened before, i suggest Asking people you think have probably gone through this glitch before. That Piplup, you should really change it's Pallete Anyway, Try to find out what happened. Oh yeah does this happen with all Battles or just Pidgeys? If it's just Pidgeys, then don't make Wild Pidgeys Appear

-Amso-​

Ooka

Years
    Hmm this has never happened before, i suggest Asking people you think have probably gone through this glitch before. That Piplup, you should really change it's Pallete Anyway, Try to find out what happened. Oh yeah does this happen with all Battles or just Pidgeys? If it's just Pidgeys, then don't make Wild Pidgeys Appear

-Amso-​

No, it's definatly every pokemon, I just started from my last backup of the hack. I think I might make an Alpha of the first town, which would be done sometime this week. Oh, and I took the D/P starters out and just added D/P sprites for the starters.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    No, it's definatly every pokemon, I just started from my last backup of the hack. I think I might make an Alpha of the first town, which would be done sometime this week.

This is just one opinion but I think you should work through the 3rd town, test all your scripts, and test for bugs. It would make the beta alpha much more enjoyable.

Ooka

Years
    The point of an Alpha is to test out bugs in the beginning of the game. It wouldn't be an Alpha if I released it any later.

Ooka

Years
    Well, this thread kinda died on me so, I have been working on graphics mainly, but I think I'm done with this ROM, I'll just try to get all the same stuff on a new one, the reason being is my ROM went kinda corrupt on me. I'll post pictures later, so the hack is still going, just on a new FR ROM.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    Well, this thread kinda died on me so, I have been working on graphics mainly, but I think I'm done with this ROM, I'll just try to get all the same stuff on a new one, the reason being is my ROM went kinda corrupt on me. I'll post pictures later, so the hack is still going, just on a new FR ROM.

You're starting over? Wow, good luck with that. And make sure you make back ups as you go along.

Back