• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Sky Blue

Waudby

Item system, nearly fully complete, just need to finish the GIVE item system.

Pokemon System nearly complete as well, just need to work out how to get the first pokemon in the Big Space.

I will hopefully show you some Storyline scenes from the first demo 2night.

-Waudby-

Merovin

Dragon Master!
    Years
  • Man This Is Looking Sweet.
    Never Been A Big Fan Of Sphere.
    But This Project Makes Me Wanna Mess Around With It Again.

Keep Up The Good Work Man, Can't Wait For The Story Line Update =]

Years
  • Great updates with good screenies. I like the idea of travelling back and forth between regions. Can't wait for those storyline scenes tonight.

Waudby

@ BlacK Dratini: The post hasn't been ignored, i'm just not in need of any beta testing atm, I'm considering creating a new egion but atm, i'm just trying to sort out all the basic systems before I really carry on with too much story line.

Waudby

Since I haven't updated as much as before, I think I should give you all a small sneak preview off some of the things you can expect to see in the first demo;

I have now finished all I need to do for the storyline for the demo. Now just working on some graphical things. Expect some more screenshots soon.

Last edited:

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    Looks really good. Can't wait for a demo, any idea when we can expect one?

Waudby

Well progress, may slow down a lil over the next few days as I have really gotta knuckle down for my exams. But I will do wat I can, hopefully, I can get the demo finished fully and out before the end of the week, which would then give me time just to concentrate on my studies fully.

Years
  • Looking very nice. Hopefully you fixed the "Empty" tile! Anyway, I have some GSC mini tree revamps, that change the shading style to the one from FR/LG, if you want to use them.

Waudby

Looking very nice. Hopefully you fixed the "Empty" tile! Anyway, I have some GSC mini tree revamps, that change the shading style to the one from FR/LG, if you want to use them.

Yeah that would really useful, i got some tree sprites but I really am not happy with how they look in game.

Are just trying to complete Midnights (Illusionist) game?

No this is my own game that I'm designing.

Well anyway, I have a screenshot of the crappy little battle system I am gonna use for the first demo release of the game, It's not too bad, but no where near a complete system, but I thought I could put it in just to make sure the demo wasn't the player walking to and from places cos that equals very boring. :P

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    You refer to the battle system as "crappy" :D and from that screen shot I agree. But hopfully the better one some time in the future dosen't tell you how much damage you inflicted. But that's just my opinion.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Thats cool, is the battle system fully working? I mean is there animations and are all the options(Fight- Bag-Pokemon-Run) working?

Years
  • Ok, I'll get you the trees when I get home (I am at the library right now).

Anyway, the battle system is fine for now. No need to criticize yourself for something that is early in development. But one question: Will the HP bars work?

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    Looking over my last post it seemed kind of strong. I was just giving some critisim I think it looks great for a first demo battle system.

Waudby

You refer to the battle system as "crappy" :D and from that screen shot I agree. But hopfully the better one some time in the future dosen't tell you how much damage you inflicted. But that's just my opinion.

The line which shows how much damahge you done, was necessary to show ME how much damamge was done to check my formula's, the screenshot was just to show the layout for the battle scene.

Personally, for a first release I think this battle system is fine, this demo is to mainly grab people's attention and show them what I have so far, the battle system is a way of breakign everything up, who wants a pokemon game where you only walk around?

I think that your opinion was still waayyy to strong, and shouldve been toned down alot as no matter how bad this system is, a lot of scripting time has still gone into it.

Thats cool, is the battle system fully working? I mean is there animations and are all the options(Fight- Bag-Pokemon-Run) working?

I'm still working on the battle system, I'm trying to make a better system before release, but if I can't then the one shown will be used, if that is the case then there will only be the 'Fight' option, as it's only to show the main systems so far.

Here is the tree. Hope you like it! (BTW, I am doing a lot more G/S/C tile revamps, so if you need more, drop me a line)

Thanks for that I'll put it in once I start re-doing the maps.

Ok, I'll get you the trees when I get home (I am at the library right now).

Anyway, the battle system is fine for now. No need to criticize yourself for something that is early in development. But one question: Will the HP bars work?

Yes the HP bars work, they dont have the smooth feel to them of a pokemon game just yet, but I am still working on them, at least so far they can show the different colours and also give the player a good feel of how much hp is left.

As I have said above, I am currently workign on a new battle system one that will hopefully stick through til the final release, I am also tryign to redo the menu system and make it more flexible and easier to use and do more with.

I have exams all next week, so I'm not sure how this will affect progress as most of my exams are only an hour to two hours long, So i might be able to do a small amount of work each day.

Expect some more updates soon.

Last edited:
    Back