• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Sky Blue

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    The line which shows how much damahge you done, was necessary to show ME how much damamge was done to check my formula's, the screenshot was just to show the layout for the battle scene.

Personally, for a first release I think this battle system is fine, this demo is to mainly grab people's attention and show them what I have so far, the battle system is a way of breakign everything up, who wants a pokemon game where you only walk around?

I think that your opinion was still waayyy to strong, and shouldve been toned down alot as no matter how bad this system is, a lot of scripting time has still gone into it.

Whoa I didn't mean to offend in any way I think your work on here is amazing.

Waudby

I have a small update in a way, I'm currently having a fiddle with the menu systems to try and improve, and I was doign a few things, and I've tried implementing a mouse system into it as well, so now it is possible to use the mouse to select menu options, I may use this to create a touch screen style mini game, or touch screen options etc.

heres a small screenshot:

Expect some more soon.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    That looks great, you might have just made the first step in the advancement of fan games towards implimenting the touch screen. Or the A.F.G.T.I.T.S. Ha I thought that was funny. :D

Waudby

I'm nowoff to have a 2 hour long maths exam, but before I leave.

I'm gonna leave this little screenshot to keep you happy :)

The intro scene is finally coming along [PLEASE NOTE! Those characters soon in the box, are only placeholders, and are not goign to be used in the final or demo release of the game]

Waudby

SOrry for the double post but It's another update which i wont peopel to notice!

near fully working, touch screen name entry.

Booda Sack

Sphere Master
    Years
  • That looks great, you might have just made the first step in the advancement of fan games towards implimenting the touch screen. Or the A.F.G.T.I.T.S. Ha I thought that was funny. :D

Actually I believe I was first.
    Anyways looking good dude. The battle system is looking good for an early version.

Waudby

All pokemon including D/P will be obtainable one way or another. It might not necessary be by catching, but some you may have to do certain quests for, or get given them or by trading with people around the game world.

Waudby

But what i wanted to say is, currently, as sad as this is to say, i'm feeling very uninspired by this project. I'm looking for ways to brighten it up again.

SO i thought maybe a custom tileset maker would be good.

So here is me now asking for a tile maker?

Any offers?

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    Waudby don't quit on us, a game that combines all three GBA regions is awsome. Well I hope you get your tileset and get motivated.

Waudby

I'm not saying im going to quit. I'm sayign things will slow down cos i dont feel as inspired to work on new things at the moment.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    I'm not saying im going to quit. I'm sayign things will slow down cos i dont feel as inspired to work on new things at the moment.

Alright, well I hope you get your insperation back.

Waudby

Well to help me, if anyone has any suggestions, or features they would wanna see implemented in the game, say them here, and i'll try my best to do a few of them

yeah?

Demyx

I can see my house from here
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2007
    Maybe you could pick up a "Tent Kit" after you get so far in the game. It would be like a secret base, but if you set it up, you can't leave the route. It also acts as a Pokemon Center.

Waudby

After a week or so from not doing this. I returned to have a fiddle again, and realised how messy my code really was, there was bits all over the place, so now, i'm gonna take the time tyo replace all the working code i need, and make the game a smoother running version, expect some screenshot soon.

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    hey. game is looking sweet so far.
    i agree, you go away from sphere for a while, come back and notice how messy your coding is. functions somewhere where they shouldn't be. its anoying but really, sphere is the most powerful game maker.

gag15

POkemon Master
    Years
  • dang dude nice hack i wish i was that good, well i hope to see this go a long way, if u need a mapper im here but i use a-map to do my maps so i dont know if Shpere is any different never heard of it.well one thing i would like to see is islands for each ledenary pokemon(for ex. ho-oh has it own island, deoxyes has it own island,etc..) and have boats that u have to do side quest to be able to buy titcets for, well i hope to see this go a long way.

with all do repects have an awsome times hacking

Back