• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Sky :: Pokedex

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    If you go to the RM2K forum, there's a list of sites where you can upload games I think.

Or if you PM me I'll give you an FTP login and you can upload it to my webspace.

Cool Cr@cker

I am now Chrono Cr@cker
    Years
    Hmmm..The Idea is Simply Splendid and I like the Dex..Once you finished the Basics Easy to Have it!!BTW WHy dont you have it on your site!

PoKeSaFaRi

Former PokemonSafari Webmaster
    Years
    Good attempt. I hope u've got time and patience to get all the Pok?mon information in it. It would be a cool pokedex if u could actually get the data, including the cry and the height comparation...

Keep it up :)

saul

"My goodness, that's odd."
    Years
    Ya i hope I have the patience too, i can tell its gonna take some time, and I dont think i can do the cry POSSIBLY the height but I have quite a few PKMN on it walready and I dont wanna have to redo it all ^^ but IF I ever finish this one and make a newer version than I'll remember to add the height thing.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    Maybe I should do mine. To compete with yours :P. But I'm currently programming the PHP/mySQL backend for TPP's Pok?dex.

Since I'm hosting the file, mind if I put it as a download on my site with credit?

HellishHades

Pure Evil
    Years
    Jedi_Amara said:
    Maybe I should do mine. To compete with yours :P. But I'm currently programming the PHP/mySQL backend for TPP's Pok?dex.

Since I'm hosting the file, mind if I put it as a download on my site with credit?

mySQL may be easy to use, but I like the versatility of text files. If you program it right, they can be used in place of mySQL databases, and they can be more organised. It's just more difficult to program. For example, the Pok?dex I'm working on uses text files -- and can still be modified via web form. I can also modify them offline this way. It's more convenient, I think.

Good attempt. I hope u've got time and patience to get all the Pok?mon information in it. It would be a cool pokedex if u could actually get the data, including the cry and the height comparation...

Keep it up

If you use heights/weights, just make sure not to use messy Imperial measurements. No-one uses them except the Americans. Either that, or provide a conversion using a script (i.e. pounds = kg/2.2;).

saul

Years
    I am one of those amaericans XD, and ya JA you can just give credit! I gotta start on Beta 2 (demo 2).

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    Yeesh, Saul's gonna finish this before Greg and I get to Pikachu on ours :P
    *has been lazy* XD
    It's a lot of work, and it looks pretty good. ^_^

saul

Years
    Well guys giving you a heads up on the Pokedex. You can expect a new demo soon with some new features like:
    Changing The Background Music
    More PKMN to view info from
    Extra Goodies
    New Graphics
    And a new help system!

Hopefully sometime next week ^^

JDS

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2007
    MySQL databases are much quicker and more efficient than large, flat text files.

PPN's dex uses a MySQL backend, works quite quickly and efficiently. Plus, since php has built in functions to interface and retrieve data from databases, it's much quicker than going through and creating your own text file manipulation class.

saul

Years
    I find this easier and alot more fun. I've tried to make a Pokedex like that but wasn't very succesful. And this doesnt require any codeing either.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    The hosting is probably down at the moment, sorry about that - the server got pulled in the middle of backup, so I have to wait until weekend to get stuff back up.

Back