• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon - Sky SD

What do you think of the hack so far?

• Very Good, really like it.

Votes: 50 52.6%
  • Good, I like it.

Votes: 27 28.4%
  • Average, ok I guess.

Votes: 12 12.6%
  • Not so good, needs work.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Bad, I really don't like it

Votes: 5 5.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orinjmate

The Orinj of the Mate
Years
  • Really sorry to our followers who were looking forward to the beta release when I say this.
    There are a couple of reasons why we cannot continue the development of this hack:-
    1) Our hacking skills have improved vastly since we started Sky SD and therefore it is not up to our current standards of ROM hacking skills.
    2) There are lots of internal glitches that are too late to go back on and fix.
    3) We have made this hack on a Fire Red ROM and therefore there is a huge lack of space for tiles along with other disadvantages of choosing Fire Red.
    Fear not though people because we are currently in the process of creating a new game (I know what you're going to say, 'That's what everyone does, starts games and never finishes them') however this time round we have got the whole thing figured out and planned in an organised way about how we're going to do each little bit and so it should top SkySD by quite alot and therefore is worth making it.
    Eventually we may come back to Sky SD and complete it although the chances of that are very small.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
    Years
    • Seen today
    well im glad to hear the team is gona make an improved version. il be rooting for you guys.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
    Years
    • Seen today
    Sorry but this new game isn't exactly a new version of Sky SD, it's a whole new different game.
    i no i just typed fast since i was dead tired last night. i hope u guys will post it on the progress site of sky sd saying/ showing the improved new hack.

Orinjmate

The Orinj of the Mate
    Years
  • I'm afraid that this 'new game' won't be posted about until it's first beta release because the more mystery the more fun :) and therefore is skipping progressing hacks and going straight onto hacks showcase which will also prevent the large amount of issues all hackers have of either people asking when it's released, why there isn't a beta out yet or feeling pressured to finish a beta quickly because they already said a release date. And also it is just plain annoying when you're reading about a hack to realise that it won't be released for another month or so...

In answer to nasonex it shouldn't be too long we hope, we haven't just begun, we just didn't mention it until now.
    In answer to qaz015393 we won't, well we'll post one or two screenshots in a while so people don't lose faith in us and also to give a small taster of what sort of thing is coming up.

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    You should fold it's wings in, rotate it counter clockwise a bit and have it's head and beak pointing out more. That would look cool.

Edit: Also, if you can, rotate it a bit so it's facing towards your Pokémon more if you can

nasonex

is trying to learn how to hack
    Years
  • Well I'm happy to hear that. I'm seeing it as a great hack and
    an improved one as you said. Maybe It'll be thrilling to see it
    cause Sky SD is great and now there's a new Hack and an
    improved one. :)

Well Orinjmate, Good luck on the new Hack and more importantly,
    to the team. I hope you don't find yourself encountering major bugs
    or glitches. Anyways, the new Hack sounds interesting! :P

Good luck on making it! Send my best regards to your team. Hopefully
    you'll be able to complete this one! yeah! :D

Last edited:

dbzmay

Advanced Adventure
    Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2019
    Graphics looks good and the story is somewhat original. Is this still in production, if so when can we expect a beta?

PokemonSkySD

Credit to Dots for the Avatar
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2010
    Graphics looks good and the story is somewhat original. Is this still in production, if so when can we expect a beta?
    Sorry but could you please read the rest of the page above this post to answer that.

Thanks to the followers, and my deepest condolences about the retiring of this Hack. The next one will be completed.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2010
    "BETA TO COME BY THE 24TH OF JULY"
    It's September 13th and I don't see any beta version

Orinjmate

The Orinj of the Mate
    Years
  • Quoting myself to stop people asking where the beta is...
    Really sorry to our followers who were looking forward to the beta release when I say this.
    There are a couple of reasons why we cannot continue the development of this hack:-
    1) Our hacking skills have improved vastly since we started Sky SD and therefore it is not up to our current standards of ROM hacking skills.
    2) There are lots of internal glitches that are too late to go back on and fix.
    3) We have made this hack on a Fire Red ROM and therefore there is a huge lack of space for tiles along with other disadvantages of choosing Fire Red.
    Fear not though people because we are currently in the process of creating a new game (I know what you're going to say, 'That's what everyone does, starts games and never finishes them') however this time round we have got the whole thing figured out and planned in an organised way about how we're going to do each little bit and so it should top SkySD by quite alot and therefore is worth making it.
    Eventually we may come back to Sky SD and complete it although the chances of that are very small.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • NO_obslayer, please don't revive threads that haven't been posted in for over a month. This one hasn't seen the light of day since 2010 soooo...

PokemonSkySD, if you ever want this thread reopened then just message either myself or giradialkia. Until then... CLOSED.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back