• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Sky Version

saul

"My goodness, that's odd."
    Years
    Pokemon Sky Version ::

Staff:
    saul - Story Line, Map Designer, SOME sprites
    >Envy< - Sprites
    darchangel - Sprites
    Berino - Teseter
    PKMN_Sage - Tester

Pokemon Sky Version

Things to know about the Game

- Over 100 Pokemon were planned for this game and only very few are making it in (All Pokemon were drawn by me their abilities were created by me, etc. so I didnt just plan on having 100+ but I actually created those Pokemon)
    - Pokemon Sky? Isn't that your website's name?, Yes and your probably thinking why did you name it after your site's name? well the site was named after this game which I have been planning for a little over a year now.
    - It is being created with GameMaker5 (Not 6 =P)
    - It will take place in a new region of Admystal with new cities and places.
    - New Gym Leaders and Trainers
    - Prof. Oak will be here along with May.
    - 3 New Starter Pokemon
    - An Awsome story line (Or at least i think it is)
    - A NEW style of battling Pokemon
    - Mixed Graphics with Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed, LeafGreen, and Emerald.

Pokemon Sky Version

What IS the story line of Pokemon Sky? Well like most Pokemon Games your new to the town. You have just moved into WhiteCity "Where Dreams Start and End..."
    You want to become a Pokemon Master and start Pokemon Training. You head off to Prof. Oak's Lab and exit the house when you see a Nurse Joy (NURSE JOY?!?) take a Torchic from a girl. You are asked to recive the Torchic from the girl who's name turns out to be May. You find Nurse Joy but soon find out that it is NOT Nurse Joy but a member from the evil Black Hunters.
    Black Hunters are a new group with a mysterious boss and want the most powerful Pokemon ever to exist.
    You want to battle the imposter but don't have any Pokemon! Prof. Oak comes out of no where and hands you the New Pokemon Beniboo. You now use the NEW way to battle the opponent's Houndour.

After the battle you go to Prof. Oak's lab and return Torchic to May. Prof. Oak let's you keep Beniboo for your starter Pokemon. You and May go off on an adventure to become Pokemon Masters.

That's not going to be the last you see of The Black Hunters. They are known for digusing themselves to looking like other Humans to Pokemon! They are secretly trying to get ahold of a new Pokemon. The Pokemon hasn't hatched yet from it's egg but a group of Pokemon are pretecting the egg from the Black Hunters (Known as the ?Egg Gaurd). Who is the mysterious leader of the Black Hunters? What exactly is in the ?Egg? All the answers can be answered by playing the game.

---Duh there's More!---
    Once you have defeated the game you will be invited to attend a cruise to the North and South Islands. Just for fun you will get the chance to explore there and find some rare and unusual Pokemon there, just so you have something to do when your done).

Pokemon Sky Version

Havn't got far enough into the game to release any yet

Pokemon Sky Version

I'm hoping to make a demo of the new battle System soon so stay tuned.

I started the game just a couple days ago. So far so good and I'm finishing up the last bit of the new Battle System

Positions are Open!
    I'm looking for 5 testers who would be willing to play through the game when I finish and tell me if they find any bugs in it before I release it.

Spriters are always welcomed PM me for more info on some Pokemon you can sprite for me.

any comments or suggestions would be great! Thanks alot!

---------GOAL------------
    Hopefully I will finish this game this year XD I know for sure though most of it will be done sometime this summer.

Last edited:

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    Sounds intresting! You gave alot of info there and it seems like this could be a great game. Its nice to see your making this with gamemaker and not RPGmaker. I'll be intrested in seeing how your doing your CBS (custom battle system).
    Good luck Saul

saul

Years
    Thanks, I think it's gonna be an awsome game ^^ I'm almost done with the Battle System Im fixing some bugs. Be looking for a demo for that soon! ^^

saul

Years
    sure. I'll add you to the list.

Almost Done with Battle Sysytem the only glitches are:
    The enemy Pokemon is invisable (for some strange reason...)
    and the messages that come up after you win come up before the battle O.O

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2007
    Good luck in project !
    I think you can make better game than in rm2k3.
    Anything - Could you post some screenies?

Thanks Matt;)

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    I'm happy that you provided a lot of info, it really helps to generate interest in the game.
    I admire you for making the game in GM, I couldn't even contemplate how time consuming that must be. I'll be looking forward to trying out your battle system!

Matt - Be patient, he said he hasn't progressed enough to take screen shots yet.

saul

Years
    ya once the first demo is out I'll give you guys some screen shots. I never really quite understood RPGMaker but I've been doing things with GM for over a year so I'm use to that and with GM you can almost anything from Maze Games to CD Players even Online Games.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Yeah, I'm familiar with the power of GM. I just couldn't imagine me ever making an RPG map in GM's Map Editor. I think I'd smash the monitor in frustration :\

saul

Years
    What I'm doing for the maps is: I make them on an image editor set it as the backrground in a room and add the objects that need to in there in there. In some cases I'll uses Tiles for paths.

Omega Latios

Whhheeee... *shot'd*
    Years
    saul said:
    Pokemon Sky Version ::

Staff:
    saul - Story Line, Map Designer, SOME sprites
    >Envy< - Sprites
    darchangel - Sprites
    Berino - Teseter

Pokemon Sky Version

Things to know about the Game

- Over 100 Pokemon were planned for this game and only very few are making it in (All Pokemon were drawn by me their abilities were created by me, etc. so I didnt just plan on having 100+ but I actually created those Pokemon)
    - Pokemon Sky? Isn't that your website's name?, Yes and your probably thinking why did you name it after your site's name? well the site was named after this game which I have been planning for a little over a year now.
    - It is being created with GameMaker5 (Not 6 =P)
    - It will take place in a new region of Admystal with new cities and places.
    - New Gym Leaders and Trainers
    - Prof. Oak will be here along with May.
    - 3 New Starter Pokemon
    - An Awsome story line (Or at least i think it is)
    - A NEW style of battling Pokemon
    - Mixed Graphics with Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed, LeafGreen, and Emerald.

Pokemon Sky Version

What IS the story line of Pokemon Sky? Well like most Pokemon Games your new to the town. You have just moved into WhiteCity "Where Dreams Start and End..."
    You want to become a Pokemon Master and start Pokemon Training. You head off to Prof. Oak's Lab and exit the house when you see a Nurse Joy (NURSE JOY?!?) take a Torchic from a girl. You are asked to recive the Torchic from the girl who's name turns out to be May. You find Nurse Joy but soon find out that it is NOT Nurse Joy but a member from the evil Black Hunters.
    Black Hunters are a new group with a mysterious boss and want the most powerful Pokemon ever to exist.
    You want to battle the imposter but don't have any Pokemon! Prof. Oak comes out of no where and hands you the New Pokemon Beniboo. You now use the NEW way to battle the opponent's Houndour.

After the battle you go to Prof. Oak's lab and return Torchic to May. Prof. Oak let's you keep Beniboo for your starter Pokemon. You and May go off on an adventure to become Pokemon Masters.

That's not going to be the last you see of The Black Hunters. They are known for digusing themselves to looking like other Humans to Pokemon! They are secretly trying to get ahold of a new Pokemon. The Pokemon hasn't hatched yet from it's egg but a group of Pokemon are pretecting the egg from the Black Hunters (Known as the ?Egg Gaurd). Who is the mysterious leader of the Black Hunters? What exactly is in the ?Egg? All the answers can be answered by playing the game.

---Duh there's More!---
    Once you have defeated the game you will be invited to attend a cruise to the North and South Islands. Just for fun you will get the chance to explore there and find some rare and unusual Pokemon there, just so you have something to do when your done).

Pokemon Sky Version

Havn't got far enough into the game to release any yet

Pokemon Sky Version

I'm hoping to make a demo of the new battle System soon so stay tuned.

I started the game just a couple days ago. So far so good and I'm finishing up the last bit of the new Battle System

Positions are Open!
    I'm looking for 5 testers who would be willing to play through the game when I finish and tell me if they find any bugs in it before I release it.

Spriters are always welcomed PM me for more info on some Pokemon you can sprite for me.

any comments or suggestions would be great! Thanks alot!

---------GOAL------------
    Hopefully I will finish this game this year XD I know for sure though most of it will be done sometime this summer.

hmm... i like this game can i help you with da sprites?

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    Looks great and it seems you have a good idea of what you are doing! If it is not too late, could I beta test for you?

saul

Years
    Super Latios- If you canm give me your IM info I can probably give you the Fake PKMN that need to sprited

PKMN Sage- Sure I'll add you to the list

-----------------
    ANYONE with GameMaker Experience I REALLY need your help with the Battle System. I'm having trouble with health and for some reason the enemy is invisible O.O Once these are fixed the first Demo will be released.
    PM me for more info.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    All these new games popping up really make me want to make my own game. I wish you good luck. I'm very much interested in the battle sys.

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
    Years
    Sounds Class!!!!! i havnt seen it yet, it must take a v. long time 2 make games. BTW, how and where did u get gamemaker? is it free? if not, which 1 is free? :\

saul

Years
    Gold Groudon14 said:
    Sounds Class!!!!! i havnt seen it yet, it must take a v. long time 2 make games. BTW, how and where did u get gamemaker? is it free? if not, which 1 is free? :\

Gamemaker can be accessed at: gamemaker.nl. I'm using the demo for this game (there isn't any need for the full version) You have ALMOST everything in the demo that you have in the Full Version.
    The things in Full Version is using Fireworks, particals, and making online games but I don't even know how to use any of those XD
    The Full version is 15 dollars.

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    I use GM5.0...and can I help? I'm pretty good(havent used it for at least 3 months). I've done a movement system before and have a cbs somewhere.

saul

Years
    sure.. I added you to my MSN contacts so we can talk about the glitch Im having with the Battle System =/

saul

Years
    White City

Sorry for the double post. I want this to have it's own message. The first screenshot has been made! Take a look at the hero's hometown: White City!

You can see all the buildings and people! Have fun! More is coming up!

Back