• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Soul Dance (October)

Xuxa88

Ducked!!! Xuxa88
Years
  • Hack Name
    Pokémon: Soul Dance

Hack of
    Pokémon Fire Red

Introduction
    Hi, my name is Xuxa. I've decided to make a Pokémon Hack and I have no prior hacking experience but like everyone on here who has had to make the same steps I'm about to make, I'm happy to be part of a community who supports not only hack but the people who want to make them

Story Overview
    You are a seventeen-year-old boy or girl who grows up in the region of Rhythmline who has to solve the mystery of a comet that thrown the musical harmony out of balance by altering a energy in the music called "Soul Dance". It is up to you to figure out why this imbalance has happened and restore peace and prosperity to the region.

Back Story

In the region of Rhythmline, music has been the one thing that has created harmony and peace through the region. Pokémon and people didn't battle but spent their time listening to the melody that not only ran through the towns but in their hearts. Long before music held the society together there were five masters that played a role in keeping chordal harmony: Voltage, Chaos, Stream, Freeze, and Air (DDR reference there) they made sure that the music that played was always in perfect harmony. Little did they know that a strange comet that passes over the region every hundred years disrupts the positive energy that exists within the music known as "Soul Dance". These negative vibes now wide spread throughout the region due to media like television, phone, and radio have caused trainer and Pokémon to start battling. It's up to you to figure out why everyone is acting so strangely.

Since music was always the happy, medium between everyone Pokémon battles never occurred. After the comet changed, the energies in the music gyms were erected as a way to vent out frustrations. The five masters' spirits are located at the "Pokémon league. To prove that you are worthy to correct the problem with the region you have to go to all of the gyms and collect "groove symbols". After all groove symbols are collected, you go and see the masters and battle them. Once you have defeated them, they tell you how to fix the discord across the region. You find out that the comet manifested itself as a human on earth and is located in "Saffron City" and has control out of the "Silph Co." Building. That is where the center of all of this disruption in power is coming from. Only after you beat the game are you able to travel to "Saffron City". As you get closer to "Saffron City" the Pokémon battles get harder and harder until you fight your way to the top of the "Silph Co." building, where you face your toughest battle yet (Like your battle with Red at Mt. Silver). With the comet defeated, you chordal imbalances with in the region go away and everything returns back to normal.

You wake up from your bed and decide to turn on your TV. Once it's on you see a news reporter with a special news report on how the region has gone insane. You quickly turn it off and head downstairs to talk to your mom about what is going on. She tells you the story about the five masters and how you are the only one who can stop what is happening. You have never had a Pokémon battle. Your father died when you were young and now being 17, you mom decides to show you three Pokéballs that he had when he was a child. You pick one and then head next door to your neighbor who happens to be a nice guy and a professor who tells you about the comet that was responsible for all of what has happened. With this information, you set out to battle for the first time in your life and solve the mystery of Soul Dance.

Region

Features
    Revamped Kanto Region
    Island layout
    New Story
    New Maps
    New main Characters
    Side events to keep your interests (given right lol)
    Legends play an important role in the story line but not till later in the game
    Three new Starters: Jolteon, Umbreon, Espeon

Team

Mapping -
    Scripting -
    Tile Editing -
    Spriting -
    Beta Testers-

Everything is open. I personally want to learn how to mapping but that will come with time. I am looking for other suggestions as well as some people to help make this game.

Last edited:

halowizard

I will END you
    Years
  • Nice. I LOVE the story line. Its not over exaggerating but not boring--its perfect (in my opinion).

The only thing I sort of dislike are the starters. It seems a bit odd-I don't know why. I mean, I know they're not ledgens but... I don't know.

Suggestion: For some reason (obviously) I think that the pokemon Chatot (featured in D/P/P) should play an important role in this.
    If you really want me to, I could make a support banner for you.

I can help you with mapping-do you want me to show you some work of mine?
    P.S. I can map-but I do not know how to add tiles. (e.x. changing FR tiles to look like DP) I can change existing tiles but not know how to add new ones.

Xuxa88

Ducked!!! Xuxa88
    Years
  • Thanks I would love if you could help this hack be something great.

As fasr as the starters go, I really choose them because they were part of a set. I didnt want legends because it doesnt fit my story.

Mind if we can chat on AIM

ok thanks for the conversation. Appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:

halowizard

I will END you
    Years
  • Here is the bannner/userbar I made:
    HTML:
    [URL="https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=158332"][IMG]https://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd25/halowizard11/popo.png[/IMG][/URL]

Edit: why is Xuxa's post merged into mine???
    >> Wow this is sweet very nice

Last edited:
    Back