• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Souls of the Dark

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years

Pokemon Souls of the Dark

I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
    Only I will remain.

-Litany against fear.

Story:

Why do we fear the dark?
    We fear what we don't know, what we can't identify. We don't fear the dark, we fear the Unknown that it hides.

They call themselves "Shadows", from the lowliest grunt to the highest administrator. They rule over our region with an iron fist that strikes fear into the hearts of men and women alike. They take what they like, they plunder, they terrify and they torture. But we are the resistance, we are the light that will banish the shadows, we are the saviours. For nigh on ten years these villainous "Shadows" have controlled us through fear and manipulation whilst the other regions turned a blind eye. But now is the day of reckoning, once the 'enlightened one' has been chosen and sent on their quest, we will rally support. We will follow the 'enlightened one' wherever they may go, banishing the shadows from the towns. Once and for all we will face the tyranny of this organisation and beat them back to whence they came from. We will banish these people from our region; we will take back our lives. For Arrakis we fight!

Welcome, enlightened one. We are the Arrakis resistance commonly called 'Light'. We resistance members are scattered all over the great region of Arrakis and are all too willing to aid you in your fight against the "Shadows". I am Professor Sol, the resident Pokémon Professor. I have a lot of information to tell you and very little time to do so. Come quick for I have a gift for you.

You:

At the age of fifteen, you were only young when the Shadows first came to Arrakis ten years ago. At the tender age of five you first witnessed the aggression of the shadows when they stormed your house and killed your mother and since that day you have grown up hating the Shadows and seeking your revenge. You now live with your father in Anbus City, and as the son of a florist the shadows pay no attention to you giving you the perfect cover to fight back. Now the resistance known only as "Light" has contacted you with a proposal, a chance for you to get your revenge once and for all.

Notable Characters:

Ichiro Shirohana:

Is the only son and child of the Anbus City Florist, Minato Shirohana. Fifteen years of age. At the age of five he lost his mother to the takeover by the Shadows and has held a deep hatred of them ever since then. He is considered to be the 'Enlightened One', the person who would lead the uprising of the Arrakis locals against the Shadows.

Hikari Shirohana:

Is the only daughter and child of the Anbus City Florist, Minato Shirohana. Fifteen years of age. At the age of five she lost her mother to the takeover by the Shadows and has held a deep hatred of them ever since then. He is considered to be the 'Enlightened One', the person who would lead the uprising of the Arrakis locals against the Shadows.

Minato Shirohana:

Is the father of Ichiro/Hikari Shirohana and the local florist in Anbus City. Ten years ago during the takeover by the Shadows he lost his wife. He has always been wary of the position his son/daughter holds in the future of Arrakis. He prefers not to associate with the resistance 'Light', not wanting to lose his child to the shadows.

Kaito Sol:

Is the son of Hiroshi Sol and an avid member of the resistance, 'Light'. He is rash and does not believe in the concept of the 'Enlightened One', believing that anyone can beat the Shadows. Because of this he has a deep competitiveness towards Ichiro/Hikari Shirohana and aims to show that there is no 'Enlightened One'.

Yuuka Sol:

Is the daughter of Hiroshi Sol and prefers to ignore the resistance than join them. She is not interested in the politics of Light, and prefers to feign ignorance and help the resistance than join them, all for personal reasons. She often stays at home on the island and does much gardening around Caladan Island. She cares for her brother and father and often advises them against fighting the shadows.

Hiroshi Sol:

Is the regional professor in Arrakis and lives on Caladan Island. His son is an avid member of 'Light' however his daughter prefers to turn a blind eye or feign ignorance. Ten years ago he set up 'Light' as a force against the invading Shadows. During this time he moved to Caladan Island to conduct the resistance from the reaches of the Shadows. He has waited patiently for the 'Enlightened One' to appear as was foretold.

Hack Info:

Code Base: FireRed (BPRE)
    Author: [FONT=&quot]雷影
    [FONT=&quot]イチロ[/FONT]​
    Language: English

Features:

·Arrakis – A new region to explore.
    ·Shadows – Repel this Evil Team from Arrakis.
    ·Pokémon – A National Dex of 180 from Kanto, Jhoto and Hoenn.
    ·Light – The resistance are everywhere to help you.
    ·White Market – Don't support the Shadows, buy Light products.
    ·Gym Leaders – There is no time, beat the Admin's from every city.
    ·De-Capitulation – Capitals are fixed.
    ·Evolution – Evolution lines are fixed for the VisualBoy, no trade evo's.
    ·Stealth – Use resistance members to help you move from place to place.

Programs used:

·AdvanceMap 1.92
    ·XSE
    ·Advance IntroEd
    ·A-Starter
    ·(SMCA) StartMapChooserAdvance
    ·(YAPE) YetAnotherPokemonEditor
    - Item Editor
    - A-Trainer
    - PokedexOrderEditor
    -LunarIPS

Screenshots:

[/FONT]

Credits:

LU-HO for AdvanceMap,
    HackMew for XSE, A-Starter, A-Trainer and SMCA,
    HackMew with Mastermind_X for Advance IntroEd,
    Silver314 for YAPE,
    Om3ga Ars3nal for the CSS tutorial,
    xJordan360 for the awesome name change and banner,
    Zodiacdagreat for the Item Editor,
    Fusoya for LunarIPS,
    Team Snag'em for PokedexOrderEditor
    And all those people who wrote those many tutorials for XSE and AdvanceMap I followed.

Bugs/Glitches:
    Currently:
    1. Do not try and heal up at the PokeCentre before you get a pokemon.

Please notify me of any bugs that you find; this would be very helpful thank-you.
    If you know how to fix any bugs i have posted, please tell me.

Progress:

Demo: (Released)
    Beta 1.0 (unreleased)
    Anbus City: (Mapping: 100%, Scripting: 68%)
    Caladan Island: (Mapping: 100%, Scripting:70%)
    Rossack City: (Mapping: 5% Scripting: 0%)
    Route One: (Mapping: 100%, Scripting: 62%)
    Route Two: (Mapping: 0% Scripting: 0%)
    Route Three: (Mapping: 0% Scripting: 0%)
    Resistance Tunnel Alpha (Mapping: 100%, Scripting: - %)

Last edited:

.light

Airplanes in the night sky...
    Years
    errrrr? LIGHT'S house? I have a feeling i'ma ment to be here :P Ummm, do you need a mapper cause I'm on hand :)
    I'm ready for the job
    My maps look crap on the rom raider application but thats because I didn't really know what to map... but if you told me like 3 houses, grass,tree,ponds,water,tower I could make something and then submit it into the rom raiders thing and then I could help you alot? (thatdidn'tmakesenselolhahabreedingmudkips:P)

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Why do I have a feeling that Light, is Light from Death Note? I'm actually basing that after the fact you have L as an avatar. That would make 2 of us!

Anyways, this does have a lot of potential, good luck.

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
    I hate to say but you steal my hack name. Just see my sig. So please change the name of your hack or I will report to mod. Don't get me wrong but no one want their hack to be stolen. Anyway good luck with your hack.

oh, you're right, you should report him for having the same name as your hack by coincedence -.-

just because sombody has the same hack name as you, doesn't make him a thieve.

if there are 2 people called Jimmy, does that make them thieves?
    no.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    sorry people, i did not noticed the other hack by Darkem, you have my deepest apologies. I began the game in january so i kinda forgot to look.i will change it ASAP.

@.light: At the moment i dont need a mapper, but i dont know what the future will hold.

Btw, it was just a coincidence, although i love Death Note, Light is the name of the "resistance" in this game and also you are "the enlightened one"

Last edited:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    thats not G floor its ur room u have to go down from the red mat go left to the red mat and ur at g floor

G floor = Ground floor

that is sort of right, your room is on the ground floor, see the red mat by the window and above your bed? you go through there to get out. (tile behavioural trick) pretty much left on the mat, it has an arrow when you step on it.

btw, anyone got an idea for a NEW game name?

Last edited:

xJordan360

plurfection.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014
    I liek the way this looks, it's pretty good.

Also, I can come up with a good name.
    Pokemon: Souls of the Dark

I can brainstorm some more, if ya want.

xJordan360

plurfection.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014
    If that was to me, then no problem.
    Creative minds live to influence other creative minds ^_^
    By the way, if you need anyone, I'd love to beta test for you, help find bugs and all that.
    I've got loads of spare time. :3

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    Okay, first things first, i have re-done the thread, how does it look?
    also, i am planning to release a short demo to my private beta testers this weekend, the demo will take you up to gaining your first pokemon, just to give you a taste of the region of Arrakis.

xJordan360

plurfection.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014
    Thread looks good, but the font is a smidge difficult to read, I'd consider putting blank background text boxes over the image background?

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    Okay people, not long now. I will send my demo to my private beta tester so as soon as he has finished, the Demo will be up soon.

Back