• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Special/Adventures Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Are you going to get anything or ask for anything PokeSpe related for Christmas (Or whatever holiday you may celebrate this time of year)?

Nope. Though I'd really love to get the real books in my hands. I'd cry from happiness ;;

And also, great news about Viz :D They've listened to us? :3

Last edited:

Gov. Marley

Wakes the Thought Police
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2010
    Won't be anything like the scanlations on MangaFox (in which Gold swears three times on one page), but that's still totally awesome. Hope they keep going with that. :D

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    ¬.¬

It's a special gift from Blue!~

Also, Lance x Yellow is sooo backwards.
    And yet, that's why it interests me. x3

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Viz is for manga kind of like the 4Kids is for anime, no? :>

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2010
    Originally Posted by chamo-chan
    Well, I hope you guys are enjoying the holiday, writing fan fics and what not, but I come with Important news~

VIZ IS RELEASING VOLUME 8 OF POKESPECIAL TOO!

:DDDDDD YESSSSS~!!!!!!
    I hope they don't cut out that hilarious scene in volume 15 though~ (Unfortunately I bet they will. TT-TT sob.. it was so funny...)

Viz is for manga kind of like the 4Kids is for anime, no? :>
    TOTALLY AGREE.

This week is "tests-before-winter-break-week" so everyone's probably studying.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I don't remeber what scenes are in what volumes, since I only read them at Mangafox. If I ever get hands on the real deal... I'll cry. Hm. I already said that, didn't I?

I've finally caught up with the Mangafox chapters at least. I support Pearl x Platina 83 Dia is cute but too boring to be shippable........

Time to re-read R/S methinks. Since I think I gave up last time I tried that :/

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
    HOLY PARTRIDGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!

YES! YES YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSHHHHH *slapped by Pearl into realite*

I can't wait! I can't wait! It means Viz is gaining common sense, true...but it also means I get to unleash the power of FANGIRL FURY. HA. It'll make my day, tearing Viz's translations and edits to shreds.

Yes, I am a sadistic reviewer. This is not news.

'Tis not to be purchased until after Christmas, but this is just the thing to look forward to in 2010~

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I have definitely missed a lot since I last came here? xD; 8th Volume already, what? -so behind on her collecting of the Viz Mangas, orz-

Butyeah. I'm here to show I'm still alive? ;^^ I should really go back and reread some of PokeSpe, and actually read more of the D/P/P arcs. :x

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    The D/P arcs are wonderful, imo :) Platina is a great character, she's so fun when she always stays calm and collected but Pearl spots her doing weird stuff.

She's the best character since Ruby. A past life that made her who she is today and shows through her way of doing things and behavior.

I don't know how far the untranslated story has gone, if it's already into the Platinum arc or not. But I'd want them to finish some kind of D/P arc, then do a HG/SS arc and THEN go back to Sinnoh and do a Platinum arc.

But I guess the sagas always follow the releases of the games, so HG/SS will come after Platinum.

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
    :DDDDDD YESSSSS~!!!!!!
    I hope they don't cut out that hilarious scene in volume 15 though~ (Unfortunately I bet they will. TT-TT sob.. it was so funny...)
    I hope they don't.
    ;^;

HOLY PARTRIDGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!

YES! YES YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSHHHHH *slapped by Pearl into realite*

I can't wait! I can't wait! It means Viz is gaining common sense, true...but it also means I get to unleash the power of FANGIRL FURY. HA. It'll make my day, tearing Viz's translations and edits to shreds.

Yes, I am a sadistic reviewer. This is not news.

'Tis not to be purchased until after Christmas, but this is just the thing to look forward to in 2010~
    ouo <3 Nice one Clover~
    Oh~ You should post up your song~

I have definitely missed a lot since I last came here? xD; 8th Volume already, what? -so behind on her collecting of the Viz Mangas, orz-

Butyeah. I'm here to show I'm still alive? ;^^ I should really go back and reread some of PokeSpe, and actually read more of the D/P/P arcs. :x

PEACHY~ *Glomp*
    Yes~ Go Read~ There are some scanlations of the DP arc ouo

System!

HM....................... .....
    Years
    -waves- Hi, Peaches.

I'm sad mostly because I wanted to post at least ONE crossover story up before departing for winter vacation, but alas, it was not meant to be.

I don't think Viz's translations aren't that bad enough to be compared to 4kids. I don't know, I'M grateful that they're continuing to translate it (despite my comments in my LJ).

They left the Pokeboobs alone in their first translation, why cut it out now?

so, yeah, departing tommorow. baibai, gaiz.

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
    I AGRee yellow MUST take her hat off
    off=PARTY
    on=SCREW YOU
    Please no spamming. It's against the rules.

-waves- Hi, Peaches.

I'm sad mostly because I wanted to post at least ONE crossover story up before departing for winter vacation, but alas, it was not meant to be.

I don't think Viz's translations aren't that bad enough to be compared to 4kids. I don't know, I'M grateful that they're continuing to translate it (despite my comments in my LJ).

They left the Pokeboobs alone in their first translation, why cut it out now?

so, yeah, departing tommorow. baibai, gaiz.

It's alright, we'll see you when you come home. ouo

And true, Viz >>>>>>>>> 4 Kids. yup.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2011
    Well, that's good news about volume 8! :D Hopefully they'll do an ok job at it.

(Is the Viz translation better / worse / equal as the Chuang translation? I don't really notice many differences, but I only have the first two volumes of the Viz one. And the name change is still there. <.<)

Ahh, holiday! :D And it's snowing. What's better than that, really... Everyone who's going away for the holidays, have fun and be safe! ;D

Is there a topic by the way? Well, I guess I should be writing Christmas fics right now, but at the moment I feel like doing nothing :D

Rai-chan

DINOSAURSMASH!!
    Years
    *tears* I wish it was snowing here...

Well thats good that Viz isnt as bad as 4kids. That thing ruined a lot of shows....

Years
    Oh. VIZ might go past volume eight, huh...? >.> Call me stubborn, but I still haven't forgiven them for censoring Blue's PokéBoobs. I'm sticking with Chuang Yi.
    Snoaz said:
    (Is the Viz translation better / worse / equal as the Chuang translation? I don't really notice many differences, but I only have the first two volumes of the Viz one. And the name change is still there. <.<)
    I think it depends on the reader. o3o Chuang Yi is a Singaporean company, so their translations are more literal, but VIZ is an American company, so they tend to 'Americanize' most characters' speech. For example, VIZ gives Bill a Southern accent because he speaks in a Kansai dialect in the Japanese version, while Chaung Yi doesn't give Bill an accent at all. But both companies fail because they both switch Green and Blue's names around. D:

Tomboy, the images aren't showing on my computer :x I've seen that meme around, though.

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
    OH MY. PEACHES? :D It's been forever and a day! *hugs* The DP arc is awesome, IMO.

chamo-chan said:
    Oh~ You should post up your song~
    Really? Oh, why not.

From some of my LJ entries, during which I was bored and came up with lyrics. Inspired by 'Christmas Carols from the FMA cast!' on FF. Thus, originally not my idea.
    Spoiler:

Please don't ask me just HOW bored I was to willingly spend so much time on this. >.> There was actually another one for Jingle Bells, but in my opinion it was worse then this one.

Snoaz said:
    Ahh, holiday! :D And it's snowing. What's better than that, really...
    Not much, right? ;D How much did you guys get? I've got to admit, all this snow before Christmas can provide some very nice inspiration.

Riako said:
    Oh. VIZ might go past volume eight, huh...? >.> Call me stubborn, but I still haven't forgiven them for censoring Blue's PokéBoobs. I'm sticking with Chuang Yi.

I don't even own any real volumes, because IMO in comparison to the original Japanese versions, I can't really appreciate ANY translated versions. Though that's probably just me.The only reason I'm going to try to get my hands on a Viz copy now is because...well...VOLUME EIGHT ANYONE? XD *shot*

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
    Aw, Clover that's such a cute song. I like the first line especially, 'a full completed Pokedex' XD Imagining the great/cute/fluffy Dia singing it makes it even more win <3 And snow? You guys are really lucky, it doesn't snow where I live.

Oh right, and I come bearing a Christmas fic for the competition/collection, before I leave for my own Christmas holiday.

Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back