• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Special/Adventures Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • Based off the new designs and old designs, which would you rather characters where in the HG/SS arc, assuming we get one?

I've actually gotten used to Silver's new clothes, so I wouldn't mind seeing him in it, but Gold...ick. I really hope they don't revamp my manga Gold. That would traumatise me. And what if they kill Crystal?! I don't wanna see Soul in there. At all.

Years
  • oh, wait i think i found it...
    REd looks the same so thats ok.
    but what happened to Green? where's his trademark purple or green? what did he do to his hair? eewww! i do't like it.
    SAme thing for MIsty! she looks like she's wearing claire's clothes!
    Gold looks funny! his pants remind me of bloomers!
    Kotune will take some time getting used to her umm...unusual clothing...
    pryce: no wheelchair? how did he get out?
    jasmine looks a lot older!
    Sabrina! what did youdo to your hair!!!Why!!!now i dont' look like you!!!
    i prefer silver's old hair, but he's ok.
    that swimmer girl reminds me of sapphire for some reason, and the girl breeder.
    overall, i'm not much on the sprites and heaven help me if they manga-ize them! i guess i'm not much on change...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2011
    I... bring... news:

Spoiler:

Based off the new designs and old designs, which would you rather characters where in the HG/SS arc, assuming we get one?
    I'm going to answer this very quick by saying that I'm fairly happy with the new designs for almost all the characters. I really have no major problem with any of the sprites except Sabrina for cutting her hair, and Misty for overall outfit.

Oh I'm just asking but is it just me or does Chuck look almost identical to Akuma?

Years
  • Yeah chuck does look like akuma...a little bit.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    but what happened to Green? where's his trademark purple or green? what did he do to his hair? eewww! i do't like it.

Seesh. My sister and I are probably the ones who like his new clothing, apparently. I think it's a nice change, and it's just the sprite. Doesn't mean that his hair isn't going to look exactly like that in the Manga. It'll probably look close to what it's looked like in the past. Nothing to worry about. :/

I do have to kind of agree with Splatty about Gold's clothing. I don't know if those can really fit a fifteen/sixteen-year old Gold. But if the artist can pull it off, then that's fine~ Anything is fine as long as the artist can pull it off, really? Including Sabrina and Green.

pryce: no wheelchair? how did he get out?
    Pryce was only in a wheelchair in the Manga. Not in the games.

Honestly? I think some of you are being a tad picky, but that's just me. xD;

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    Hi Splatty!

Anyway... to the topic!

I kinda like the sprites. I don't mind Sabrina and the VS. poses are awesome. Pryce's outfit scared me for a sec there and then I liked it. Green's jacket isn't too bad really. Most of the sprites just surprised me that's all. I like 'em a lot.

Spoiler:

Sunnybeam

when the sky is bright
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2011
    Spoiler:

~Platina's Jason~

Platina Fan to the 9th Degree~
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Around the end of the Johto arc, I think. I could be doing my math wrong though.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Based on the new designs and old designs, which would you rather see characters wear in the HG/SS arc, assuming we get one?
    Nen loves all the new trainer designs. :O I can't wait to see the characters in the manga wearin' their new outfits.~

What I'm really curious about at the moment is when the HGSS arc is gonna take place, and how much older everyone will be. /random wondering

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2012
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2010
    HG/SS ARC!! YESSS!!!!!! YEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Based on the new designs and old designs, which would you rather see characters wear in the HG/SS arc, assuming we get one?
    Silver's clothes are okay, I guess... they're not really that different. I sincerely hope they don't mess up his hair. Gold's too... well, I'd side with anyone on that one. (But I don't like his pants at all.) And Crystal.. they can giver her the new clothes BUT THEY HAD BETTER NOT REPLACE HER! And I hope they don't chop off Sabrina's hair. I'd be sad. D:

Originally Posted by chamo-chan
    EDIT: also, I found this on the Netkun website: ....Pokespecial bag?

I know, I've seen it.. I WANT IT! They always offer cool stuff on there, once I think they had D/P pencils. And a pencil case with pictures of the characters on it or something! Does anyone know if you can order this stuff or if it's some sort of prize or what...?

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
  • Hey ya'll! It's been a long while since I've shown my.... avatar in this club.

I see that HG/SS is very popular for discussion in this club! I mean, there are so MANY spoilers! xD I'm wondering how all of this is going to be put into Pokemon Special.

Speaking of Pokemon Special, what was the last volume that came out? It's been so long, I don't even know. >.>
    Anyways, I should be getting Soul Silver on Monday, but it doesn't really matter. I was really surprised that pretty much everything HG/SS has been revealed! xD I mean, it's crazy!!! Haha.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    Yea the special arc of soulsilver is probably like the fire red arc too, just a sequence of an arc that plays in johto again , maybe invovling the new areas there as well.

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
  • Spoiler:

[FONT=MS Pゴシック][FONT=MS Pゴシック]I WANT THAT BAG. BADLY. X333 [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=MS Pゴシック][FONT=MS Pゴシック][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=MS Pゴシック][FONT=MS Pゴシック][/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=MS Pゴシック][FONT=MS Pゴシック]Based on the new designs and old designs, which would you rather see characters wear in the HG/SS arc, assuming we get one?
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=MS Pゴシック][FONT=MS Pゴシック]Gold's new outfit. <333 After seeing him in nothing but shorts these last few years, I lurve that he finally got capris. XD Silver looks lovely smexy in his new outfit, and if Crys looks like what I've seen of her in fanart, I don't mind so much. Pryce looks BETTER...But I'm still curious as to how Pokespe will deal with that. The only one I have any problem with is Green just because...I don't know, maybe I'm a weirdo who hates seeing him in jackets. Or whatever. X3 Sabrina will be fine, if they can work around her hair (if she reappears to begin with), and if the other GL's reappear, they're okay too.
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Spoiler:

BinaryPeaches said:
    Seesh. My sister and I are probably the ones who like his new clothing, apparently. I think it's a nice change, and it's just the sprite. Doesn't

mean that his hair isn't going to look exactly like that in the Manga. It'll probably look close to what it's looked like in the past. Nothing to worry about. :/

You two aren't the only ones. I don't mind it at all.

Honestly? I think some of you are being a tad picky, but that's just me. xD;

*agrees* I agree with Mika as well, it's not a big deal. So what it's not that close to the originals. At least the basics stay the same, right?

BerlitzKaulitz said:
    I sincerely hope they don't mess up his hair. Gold's too... well, I'd side with anyone on that one. (But I don't like his pants at all.) And Crystal.. they can giver her the new clothes BUT THEY HAD BETTER NOT REPLACE HER! And I hope they don't chop off Sabrina's hair. I'd be sad. D:

*crosses arms* Judging by what we see in the games, that's what will happen in the manga. And the "new girl better be Crystal" is an old argument at this point so please drop it. It is confirmed this girl is not Crystal, and she is a new character a.k.a. "Kotone".

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Sunnybeam

when the sky is bright
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2011
    Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.