• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Special/Adventures Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
Years
  • Yay, more DP~
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

God it's been a while since I've been on the forums. I just picked up Volume 8 from Borders today and I noticed something pretty funny. Gold nicknamed his Aipom Aibo. I know that it's supposed to be short for "boy" like the suffix "taro" in Japanese translations. But in Japanese "aibou" means partner and Gold calls Pokemon his partners. Probably unintentional and it wasn't the exact spelling but I still found that kinda cute.

Spoiler:

>w< that is cute.
    And quite frankly, I don't mind the nickname change. >w< it sounds cute. (Besides, I forgot the nickname Gold gave his sunflora anyway.)

Wow...this chapter sounds nice.... if only we could read them.....*^* Damn you, legal guys!!!

Spoiler:

....You do realize that this chapter is in a magazine.
    NOT the actual book yet.

*magically appears after disappearing for awhile* HAY GAIZ 8D

Uuugh I'm going to have to raid the nearest bookstore which is roughly an hour away because the town I live in fails and apparently sees no need in having a real bookstore and snatch up all the volumes I've missed out on ;~; ...which happens to be all of them. I really wonder where my money goes off to sometimes *hides huge stack of video games >_>*

Also if anyone still cares, the Pokemon Special fandub isn't canceled, just... going through some technical difficulties. Read: I might be losing internet soon and various other things.
    D: good luck getting the books then. o3o;

Also, ok, NOW we have HG/SS plot updates.
    SPOILER SPEAK PLZ!
    Spoiler:

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Spoiler:

System!

HM....................... .....
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen yesterday
    @chamo: I believe the nickname was Sintaro, translated at "Sunbo" I believe now. Just thought of something funnier, every member of Gold's team is male. Why does he have no girls on his Pokemon list, huh? LOL.

Cool about the fandub still on, poor RJ is going out of internet though.

Spoiler:

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • Well, all I can say about the HGSS update is

Spoiler:

Also, some Graceful Shipping Fan Art and a new song from PRS to accompany it:
    Pokemon_Day_6_Wind_Water_by_JamesDonaldson.jpg

Song

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Anyway, I'm kinda pis*ed cause I don't have Volume 8 yet. I preordered it and I'm pretty sure Amazon forgot. So I had to order it AGAIN and I probably won't get it for, like, another week.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Aww, I love Winona...though I can't see Wallace like that. *snorts*

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
    Years
  • I just got Volume 8 last night! The bad news; I'm gonna have 2. I'm so unfathomably stupid sometimes....

All in all, I think they did a pretty good job. I like how they kept the nicknames, even if they are different.

QUESTION: How do you think they're going to translate Mask of Ice's name? Are they going to used the 'Masked Man' or keep Mask of Ice? Also, are they going to change the nicknames of Crys's Pokemon?

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
  • @chamo: I believe the nickname was Sintaro, translated at "Sunbo" I believe now. Just thought of something funnier, every member of Gold's team is male. Why does he have no girls on his Pokemon list, huh? LOL.

Cool about the fandub still on, poor RJ is going out of internet though.

Spoiler:
    Ah. Alright. ^u^ Thanks.
    I forget nicknames apparently.

Spoiler:

Well, all I can say about the HGSS update is

Spoiler:

-insert pic and song here-
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

All in all, I think they did a pretty good job. I like how they kept the nicknames, even if they are different.

QUESTION: How do you think they're going to translate Mask of Ice's name? Are they going to used the 'Masked Man' or keep Mask of Ice? Also, are they going to change the nicknames of Crys's Pokemon?

I really do like Viz's first translation of the G/S/C arc so far. ;w;
    Hm. most likely, they will have Crys' pokemon have different nicknames. It's not like all the nicknames will be entirely the same. (but *shrug* who knows)

Baa.Baa.Blacksheep

Lean on me~
    Years
  • oAo I come back from such a long absence to everyone speaking in spoilers again. *much too lazy to speak back in spoilers though, so will just chillax on top of the rock and out of spoilers*

How's everyone been? Since I see no topic and I'm too lazy to make one as weeeeell, gonna post some fanart instead. =u=

Spoiler:

The last one is yeaaaah. :'D

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Nice pics, Baa. I like the one with Sapphire, and Red at the end. I'm sure Peachy would approve that one.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Real good pics there....especially the Lance one.

Oh, but please tell me, why is Yellow holding a club?

Baa.Baa.Blacksheep

Lean on me~
    Years
  • @ Sir: I occasionally come and go, mostly for stalking. =u= This was just one of those times I felt like speaking up.

@ JB: Nothing like having Red exploding out of his clothes to please the fangirls. :'D

Real good pics there....especially the Lance one.

Oh, but please tell me, why is Yellow holding a club?

Eh, she saying something about someone calling her flat-chested. :'D

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • @ Sir: I occasionally come and go, mostly for stalking. =u= This was just one of those times I felt like speaking up.

@ JB: Nothing like having Red exploding out of his clothes to please the fangirls. :'D

Eh, she saying something about someone calling her flat-chested. :'D
    Baa, I know you stalk. But it's nice seeing you post too!
    -looks at other stalkers- Take a hint! :'D

And yes, Red - clothes = Fangirls. Val will be pleased when she gets back at the end of the week! Also, Yellow will go kung fu on yo' butt if your not careful!

Also, today marks the day that club member (and sister of co-owner Chamo), SilverDragonLaura has become a veteran. Since in the next 6 months about half the core members of the club are getting that honor I'm going to keep note of who is.

manhattan

missing in action
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2014
    So. H-hi guys. Been a long time, uh.

/is shot

Baa, those are very nice pictures.
    :D

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    What does Veteran mean?

Is that like, somebody's been in for over a year or somethiing?

Spoiler:

Years
  • What does Veteran mean?

Is that like, somebody's been in for over a year or somethiing?

3 Year PC Member :) And I need to post more here.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Still I need to catch up with DPPt Poor me.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back