• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Special/Adventures Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Spoiler:

chamo-chan said:
    He went from being the silent and goofy boy to someone who actually managed to think several steps ahead of others, even PEARL!

It's almost like Ruby, eh? Except that Ruby had it hidden within him all the time while Diamond developed it.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • Spoiler:

I always liked Ruby from the start. He made me laugh so much when I started reading the R/S/E. I think because of Ruby I enjoyed that Manga series so much. I feel like reading it again just for the kicks of it.

Spoiler:

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
    Years
  • Spoiler:

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Spoiler:

I always liked Ruby from the start. He made me laugh so much when I started reading the R/S/E. I think because of Ruby I enjoyed that Manga series so much. I feel like reading it again just for the kicks of it.

Spoiler:
    I really liked Ruby in the beginning of the manga, but then when he got all serious and strong in every way he became a little too good, and Saph was suddenly more interesting. But they had to go and make the boy the main protagonist :/

I wonder if you can count Platina as the main protagonist of D/P. But I think it seems to revolve equally around all three of them.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2011
    Yo wasup people. I wanna join. My fave character is dia. He's shy, cute, funny, and extremely dense, in a good way. I hope he gets a flying type pokemon, but it's going to be hard to find a really fat bird...

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2011
    @ Diamondgigas: welcome! I agree with you, Dia is adorable and very lovable :)

I really liked Ruby in the beginning of the manga, but then when he got all serious and strong in every way he became a little too good, and Saph was suddenly more interesting. But they had to go and make the boy the main protagonist :/

I wonder if you can count Platina as the main protagonist of D/P. But I think it seems to revolve equally around all three of them.

Hmm, that's interesting. Sapphire seems indeed to come off a little poor compared to Ruby. I don't really mind because Ruby is just amazing and I loved him more than Sapphire from the very beginning - but Sapphire might have deserved more in-depth scenes.

And I think you can say that Platina is the main protagonist of DPP, yes. The attention is pretty equally divided, but she's still the centre of it all.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • I really liked Ruby in the beginning of the manga, but then when he got all serious and strong in every way he became a little too good, and Saph was suddenly more interesting. But they had to go and make the boy the main protagonist :/

I didn't think Ruby wasn't really serious although he is actually pretty cool when he was serious. Sapphire became interesting to me when I first read. She was wild which I actually liked. She reminds me of Iris now from the show. Speaking of which I wonder if Iris is going to be in B/W manga.

Yo wasup people. I wanna join. My fave character is dia. He's shy, cute, funny, and extremely dense, in a good way. I hope he gets a flying type pokemon, but it's going to be hard to find a really fat bird...

Hey welcome to the club and yes Diamond is adorable. Lol well Staraptor is pretty fat so he could probably grab that one.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2011
    Welcome to the club Diamondgigas. Diamond my favorite character too so I think we'll get along.

Oh and Dia should get a Honchcrow. It's pretty bada** in general and I mean if we're going with the whole slow pokemon thing he's not exactly the fastest bird out there. Also I just like Honchcrow in general so it would be pretty cool to see him with one. Then again Silver has one, on the other hand 3 people have Snorlax (I'll count Beh cause you know its going to evolve at some point) so why not give Dia a crow too?

Hmm... that's a really good point. DP for some reason or another has no clear protagonist. I mean up till then every arc's protagonist was rather obvious. I think it's interesting that DP is the only Arc that has no clear protagonist and is also the only one where all 3 main characters travel together. I'd say it's right to call Platina the main protagonist because she's the one collecting the badges and ultimately the story revolves around her quest to get up to Mt. Coronet. But I feel like DP does a good job of keeping track on Diamond and Pearl than previous regions have had with the other characters. Shoot in RGB and GSC there would be long periods of Red or Gold and occasionally one of the others would show up.

sassy_blue333

blue333
    Years
  • welcome we have alot of members now cool 20 more till 600 alot cool
    i miss coming here i miss ya guys so much i am glad i came back did ya miss me
    what r u talking about plz tell me k and welcome again i am happy u joined cause
    not alot of people like dia i think we can be friends ^_^

red king

The Sky Of Your World
    Years
  • Well come new member yeah Dia is epic because he is just like me. Our Eyes observe everything but we take our time to act but when we act we sweep the girls off her feet XD. Also he has my fave Grass starter and his party is really interesting. But Alas he is the 3rd character in my list Black took his Place because of his Hat and BRAVE XD.

Still Ruby is one of those character that everybody says he is awesome he is the Shikamaru of Pokesupe everybody likes him. He enters all prissy and them BAM He and Zuzu enter "Red Mode" and kick-ass XD he even lost to Rald on purpose.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • Wow, so much to catch up on. I feel terrible being absent as long as I have. *is a failure as an owner and fan boy* Life gets to you that way.

I do like Black minus the hat. He looks better, just like everyone else.

So far I'm really enjoying the BW arc, but I want more of the HGSS arc. The Johto trainer in me needs it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2011
    Actually, I don't think honchcrow is good for dia, no offense.
    I don't really like repeating pokemon, but I was thinkin pelliper
    It's round, big and dia can probably sit in the mouth.
    Also, I hope Dias munchlax does not evolve. Everyone needs a
    Small partner. Like red and pika, yellow and chuchu, blue and ditty
    Green and porygon 2/z, gold and politoed, silver and wealive,
    Crustal and smoochum, etc.
    Oops, listed out too much •_•
    also, my older sis says she will be joinin soon...
    And if u r hard core pokemon special lovers, pls join pokespecial fananza

SailorShadow

Soldier of Shadows
    Years
  • Hey, guys! It's SailorShadow! I know I haven't been here in forever, and I'm sorry about that, but I hope to be back for longer this time.

I really need to re-read the end of the Emerald arc. Can someone link me to the beginning of it, pretty please?

System!

HM....................... .....
    Years
  • No, that was not the sound of a door being smashed open. Sup guys.

I didn't think Ruby wasn't really serious although he is actually pretty cool when he was serious. Sapphire became interesting to me when I first read. She was wild which I actually liked. She reminds me of Iris now from the show. Speaking of which I wonder if Iris is going to be in B/W manga.

Iris is a crucial character in BW (idk about how game spoilers are handled now, so yeah not gonna say much), so I'd think she'd have to appear.

And concerning Platina, she gets a lot of hate from some people because she seemed to steal Dia's and Pearl's spotlight. But as others said, the trio was handled a little better in this arc. And I like seeing a girl kick some ass. And much hearts to Dia. He's so cute I don't even

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2011
    So many people returning <3 Welcome back!

@ System: Platina gets hate? Honestly, I've never heard of someone who does not like her. Which is kind of surprising for a character, I guess... but very understandable anyway because she's just ace. I agree with you on the girl thing: it's good to see girl getting the lead for once.

And Dia, I don't think I've seen anyone who dislikes him, too. It's quite impossible not to find that guy adorable. :)

@ Diamondgigas: I love the idea of Dia sitting in Pelipper's mouth. It fits him perfectly. :D

System!

HM....................... .....
    Years
  • @Snoaz: It's more or less a vocal minority. Platina does indeed have two arcs to herself while one of those arcs share Dia and Pearl's name. They just don't like Platina getting all the spotlight. I mean, Red and Gold get the most action in their respective arcs, but they don't get a lot of hate. Heck, they're one of the more popular characters. :V Could it perhaps be due to double standards?

Oh, yeah, and Pelipper does seem fitting for Dia. One of the slower flying types would indeed fit his group theme.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • They just don't like Platina getting all the spotlight. I mean, Red and Gold get the most action in their respective arcs, but they don't get a lot of hate. Heck, they're one of the more popular characters.

I wonder if it has anything to do with being sexist.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2011
    @Snoaz: yay. So tru.

@System!: yar. Pelliper is cool. Glad you agree with me :)

@RubyJB88: ....sick...•_•

@all: u know, I've been trying to make a makeover for emerald. Any ideas?

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • I would have liked Pearl and Diamond to get the spotlight. I still like Platina though but hopefully they'll get more spotlight in Platinum.

Never thought of Pelliper but I can see that working.

@Diamondgigas37: Makeover as in?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back