• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Special Nominated in Nick Magazine

Years
  • ^ Exactly what I thought. I mean, they could have at least TRIED to sound nice. It doesn't matter what magazine it is, Pokespecial has a chance for ONE award. At least vote if you're a fan. -.-'
    I kinda got mad and sortof insulted them by saying People on Pokecommunity were more supportive.
    But, it's true.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Yeah, dubs almost always ruin any anime. They just sound cooler in Japanese. xD

That fortune cookie is wierd. Once, I got a blank one. TOTALLY blank. xD

For the Naruto school thing, I feel your pain. The show/manga is quite repetitive (sp?) after awhile. -.-

They sound cooler only because you don't understand it. There are bad voices in the Raws of some shows. Spike from Cowboy Bebop comes to mind; the dub beat this just for that reason.

Donna said:
    This only proves we need to go back to Pocket Monsters' Rika-sung traditionally guitar-based themes (OK! comes to mind). None of these instruments and KIDS SCREAMING (which I actually loathed about Advance Battle's themes).
    Of course they are. Note there are two seperate links.

Anyway, I don't see why it winning a Nick award is anything special. It doesn't really get anything other than an award that means nothing really.

Last edited:

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • ^No offense, but do you even like the Pokemon manga?

Seeing that there isn't a the pokémon manga. Yes, I do. What other reason would I post in this part of the forum. All I'm saying is that the award is just from Nick Magazine.

Even though I would like better drawings. :P

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
    Years
  • ^
    1. I was talking about Pokespecial
    2. What people are trying to say is that Pokespecial is recognized, sales will go up, thus improving the situation.
    3. I personally think that the early chibi style is cute, but I like the later styles even better.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • ^
    1. I was talking about Pokespecial
    I know what you meant. But it gets tiring that people refer to PokéSpecial as the manga.
    2. What people are trying to say is that Pokespecial is recognized, sales will go up, thus improving the situation.
    I'm sorry but I don't think that copies from the late-90s and early-2000s will automatically start selling again if it wins this contest. I also doubt that parents will import these comics for their children to inevitably mess up and leave it everywhere.
    3. I personally think that the early chibi style is cute, but I like the later styles even better.
    The early style made everything look distorted IMO. But I do enjoy the later style much more.

I know I seem pessimistic. But that's how I see it[#2].

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Yay, I voted. I don't know how it'll make a difference, but at least I did something for this great manga. :P
    Though I voted randomly for the other categories, lol. I have no idea at all about western comics, really.

As for your thread in SPPf, I think the mod just had no idea about what s/he did. All the posts looks fine for me, actually.
    SPPf isn't such a bad place. It's just bigger than PC. Bigger community = More jerks.

Years
  • Seeing that there isn't a the pokémon manga. Yes, I do. What other reason would I post in this part of the forum. All I'm saying is that the award is just from Nick Magazine.

Even though I would like better drawings. :P

Well yeah it is Nick Magazine...But some type of recognition would be nice....Because the sad thing is...every time I go to PC and somebody sees me, It's always with the mocking of the 1st Anime Season and "You wanna be a PM Master?" @_@ But it's still surprising everytime I find out that the Game is still played a lot in HS.

Anyways the PokeSpe manga needs more advertising and linking to Mangafox XD since the kiddie anime stereotype is stuck with the Pokemon Franchise...

The art is fine for me though...I actually like it =P But it's your taste though. ^__^

Sea Guardian

A Kitsune who watches the Sea
    Years
  • ^ I know how you feel, I'd be emo too if I didn't have blond hair or wear bright colors everyday.
    On topic: Does it hurt to take 5 minutes out of your day to vote for it? What's the worst that could happen?(for all you other pessimistic people I really don't need that question answered so please don't try)

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • On topic: Does it hurt to take 5 minutes out of your day to vote for it? What's the worst that could happen?(for all you other pessimistic people I really don't need that question answered so please don't try)

I voted actually. I was so close to voting for Fruits Basket but decided to vote for PokéSpecial. It was really quick and easy I guess.

Off-tpoic:
    orang said:
    As for your thread in SPPf, I think the mod just had no idea about what s/he did. All the posts looks fine for me, actually.
    SPPf isn't such a bad place. It's just bigger than PC. Bigger community = More jerks.
    The people that were posting in it were spamming though.

*Hides because I'm on Serebii*

Years
  • Well yeah it is Nick Magazine...But some type of recognition would be nice....Because the sad thing is...every time I go to PC and somebody sees me, It's always with the mocking of the 1st Anime Season and "You wanna be a PM Master?" @_@ But it's still surprising everytime I find out that the Game is still played a lot in HS.

Anyways the PokeSpe manga needs more advertising and linking to Mangafox XD since the kiddie anime stereotype is stuck with the Pokemon Franchise...

The art is fine for me though...I actually like it =P But it's your taste though. ^__^

Exactly. Ash Ketchup makes the whole Pokemon franchise seem kiddie and stupid. I love the Pokespecial art, the chibi one was cute, but I really like the later styles. I can't choose.
    I'm on Serebii too. I go on PC more, after that though.

Off-topic...@ Mileyangel, I know how you feel. But, I have pale skin and brown hair, so people think I'm "emo". I hate it. Especially when I wear black. I look like such an outcast with my hyper, bright colour wearing friends. xD

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • How does Satoshi make the series look kiddie if it's already aimed at kids?

On topic: When do we get the results for the contest?

Last edited:
    Years
  • I guess they do. D8
    But, they are releasing Pokespecial in America again. 8D Yay~
    Maybe VIZ read this topic or something.... or just wanted to try Pokespecial again after seeing it nominated.

Back