• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Talk] Pokemon Sprite Help

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2016
    I want to make sprites of some characters from Indigo League (Ash and Gary) but I learned I can't make sprites. Can someone make the sprites for me or give me tips on making them? (Sprites should be 64x96 pixels)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • I want to make sprites of some characters from Indigo League (Ash and Gary) but I learned I can't make sprites. Can someone make the sprites for me or give me tips on making them? (Sprites should be 64x96 pixels)

Are these examples art you made? If not you can not ask people to make pixels for them. You can use official art and an example if needed.

immacksg

follow @immacksg on twitter for some rad cartoon a
    Years
  • I don't really know how to help with spriting advice...
    The Pokemon sprite style is a bit hard to mimic, or at least in my opinion. I'd suggest just studying how Gen 3/4 does its sprites. I mainly do Earthbound-esq sprites, so I can't really help that much...
    Sorry!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Nina's got the works on the rules end of this thread covered. I'd listen to her before doing anything else, if I were you.

I am going to tackle the practical side of this thread though: the best way to start spriting for most people (assuming you only want to learn pokemon based spriting and not pixel art in general), is to work on recolors and fusions. Just get used to the idea of working pixel by pixel with an easy to understand platform, then start expanding outwards. What you have now is far too ambitious for a novice pixel artist should you choose to take on the project by yourself. I suggest you scrap your current idea and start at the bottom like everyone else. Pixel art, like all art, is cumulative. We're happy to help you if you can narrow down your expectations and come at this with a genuine interesting in growing as an artist and not with the single motivation of completing a hack. Ya get me?

Back