• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Sprite Recolours and Edits

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowedness

Pokemon/RockMan Fanatic
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 4, 2008
    Well I can finally make this thread, if you want to comment on these please be honest and don't say anything positive just to make me feel better as I am constantly trying to improve. Finally, I did make all of these sprites, and to my knowledge they are all original. Please give credit if they are used.
    Side-note: All base sprites used were taken from websites such as Elite2000 and The Cave Of Dragonflies Sprite Generator.

Well I decided to make a range of dark pokemon sprites so this is one of the first ones I did.

And here's Aerodactyl.

Ghastly, although I wasn't sure how much darker I could make this dude seeing as it's already a ghost.

Moltres.

These next ones aren't dark variations but just other edits I decided to do.

Arcawolf, the Ice/Dark type.

Elechu/Pikakid.

Blazbat - the wings belong to Crobat.

Rhydon finally learned to fly, IMO this is way better than the new evolution it has.

This is a new Regi but I have no idea what it is called. I would appreciate it if someone could tell me. IMO this is my worst one.

Ferazilla, not supposed to be Dark variation I just tried to copy Godzilla's colours.

Falzartoise. This is a cross between Blastoise and Falzar from MMBN6.

Well I sure posted a lot, but I still have more to come.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
    Cool! Your Ghastly is really nice, its as though you can still see its orb-like body but not!?
    It gives it a sense of a rell ghost! Great Job! ^_^ 10/10 (for the gastly)
    You should try making a dark Aggron!

Yuur Aerodactyl, to me, is a little....well its just that the purple is to dark. Try keeping the skin all black, it may look better.

Your recolor of dark lugia is better! ^_^ 10/10

Your Falzartoise is rely cool looking, I like that cape-wing thingy he has aroung him. 10/10

I thought Godzilla was a greenish color!? But its a very cool recolor ^_^ 10/10

Your Moltres is awsome! 10/10

Your Regi is better than what you think, but those 6 circles no its chest-I think it would look better if they were different shades of purple. But still, is a good sprite! 9.5/10

You Rydon is very good, no scratchy marks where the wings are meeting with the body......
    .... I give it a 10/10...........Oh, and just to say it, I like Rydons evo! ^_^

Again, your Blazbat is very good. The yellow contrasts the black very well. 10/10

I really don't know what to say about your pikachu/elikid. Y'know, baby pokemon mix well with other baby Pokemon, try...Pichu, it may turn out better. I give it a 6/10

I really like your Arcawolf ^_^, grey suits it well. 10/10

Overall, I'd say you did a very good job, very good. Keep up the good work dude! ^_^

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    For all of them overall they are done amazingly well, the coloring/shading I will give a perfect score because they are done very well, your creativity with the mixes and getting colors from other monsters is great. Oh Yea I love the gastly one alot

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

shadowedness

Pokemon/RockMan Fanatic
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 4, 2008
    Thanks, but I hate that new Regi so much. Anyway, I'm going to start making trainer cards so if you want to help me practice give me a request and I'll have it done in about one to two days.

Here is what I need from you:

1) Give me a link to the trainer sprite, and the background image you want. Any image will do for the background.
    2) Also, tell me your Pokemon (six maximum), and the badges/symbols you want.
    3) I have all the badges and symbols, minus the silver frontier symbols, but including the Shinou badges.
    4) Also, if you can tell me whether you want the D/P FR/LG or R/S sprite for the pokemon otherwise my default will be the Diamond and Pearl sprites.
    5) Shinies are also allowed.

Last edited:

shadowedness

Pokemon/RockMan Fanatic
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 4, 2008
    New update with more sprites.

First trainer card attempt.

Second attempt where I used some of my edited sprites.

Reculour of Misty sprite.

Dark Nidoking, Scyther, Gyarados, and a redone Aerodactyl.

A Charizard-Metang combo of mine. The horn is out of place.

Captain Arcane

Years
    New update with more sprites.

First trainer card attempt.

Second attempt where I used some of my edited sprites.

Reculour of Misty sprite.

Dark Nidoking, Scyther, Gyarados, and a redone Aerodactyl.

A Charizard-Metang combo of mine. The horn is out of place.

Like you said, the horn on your charizard is out of place, but I think you should replace that horn with Rapidash's horn!! I think it would look a lot better.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2016
    For some reason, I am absolutely in love with your Aerodactyl and Moltres. I like them all, but there's just something about those two. Perhaps it's the purple and black!

One minor thing--on Eleku/Pikakid, it looks like you simply chopped off Elekid's arms and stuck them on Pikachu, no editing at all! I don't know if it's because the colors are so similar or what, but it doesn't look natural.

shadowedness

Pokemon/RockMan Fanatic
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 4, 2008
    For some reason, I am absolutely in love with your Aerodactyl and Moltres. I like them all, but there's just something about those two. Perhaps it's the purple and black!

One minor thing--on Eleku/Pikakid, it looks like you simply chopped off Elekid's arms and stuck them on Pikachu, no editing at all! I don't know if it's because the colors are so similar or what, but it doesn't look natural.

I know what you mean, I really hate that one, I don't actually know why I posted it. Also it looks like no editing I think because of how hard it was to get the colours to match properly. I think I'll try Pikachu and Electabuzz next time.

Anyway, another update of sprites I'd uploaded but didn't have time to post yesterday.

I felt like contrasting the colours on Nidoking so I darkened all the purple parts and this is the result. Original after edit.

Another combo, but something about this one seems a bit unusual. Maybe its the pose that doesn't seem right.

A crappy grey Scizor, I don't know what I tried to do here.

These fossils were ripped by me from Leaf Green.

I tried the same thing with Donphan as I did for Nidoking, but this one looks better IMO. The original is again after the edited so you can compare them.

Alakazam with armour. I'll probably re-do this one to make the colours look and match better.

Ignore the height differences on the Donphan and Nidoking sprites, that's just because the originals were unedited.

Also, a note about the trainer cards. The backgrounds are all proper pictures. The space one I found on wikipedia when I was doing some research for school, and the sunrise one I took a screencap from the episode where Bulbasaur learns Solarbeam.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2007
    IMO that edited donphan looks better than the original ;) keep it up

shadowedness

Pokemon/RockMan Fanatic
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 4, 2008
    A lot more sprites this time around. I also started experimenting with attacks like hyper beam.

Arbok Edited, and Attacking.

Team Aqua's Logo Chromed Over

I tried to do a Crystal Onix, but the colours didn't work well on Photoshop so it came out looking like an Ice type.

Two Dark Aerodactyl using Hyper Beam. I needed the black background otherwise I couldn't see what I was doing in this one.

Some more Dark Pokemon

The Golden Sudowoodo from the Battle Frontier episode "All That Glitters Is Not Golden." The colours were again kinda hard to find.

Haunter Using Shadow Ball

Simple Kingler recolour.

Mewtwo using an attack. Kinda looks like something out of DBZ IMO.

The Pink Rhydon

Scyther using Flare Drive (impossible in-game but oh well). I have never played Diamond/Pearl yet so I don't know what any of the new attacks look like.

Some Pokemon edited to look more simplified. I can't explain what I tried to do here but I think they look OK.

I remade that Ferazilla from the first post, but I think it's too light.

Some Siamese sprites (if anyone finds these offensive for some reason I will stop making them).

Another Trainer Card

Aerodeoxys

Wailord coloured to look like three different types of whale. Sperm Whale/Killer Whale/Blue Whale (Left to Right).

Rapidash with purple fire.

Metazard remade with Rapidash's horn.

McZangoose (name idea taken from a move-set guide I use).

Hitmonlee coloured in a similar style to the Nidoking and Donphan in a previous update.

An idea I got after coming across a picture on DevianArt where Erika and Whitney are kidnapped by some evil Psyduck.

Some more dark variations. The dark Aggron was something someone recommended I do (can't remember who) but that was pretty hard with Aggron's original colour scheme. The Tyranitar breaks the standard colours of black and purple as well.

Last edited:

shadowedness

Pokemon/RockMan Fanatic
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 4, 2008
    Yeah, I've just finished my exams so I've got a lot more time for this now. Anyway I'll start taking ideas from people, the first will be Dark Umbreon as suggested above.

Captain Arcane

Years
    Well shadowedness, by rereading other posts of yours, you have some colorfinding problems. I have made a color sheet a long while back, and it is hosted in the ressources thread. You should try using that, it has some really nice colors.

shadowedness

Pokemon/RockMan Fanatic
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 4, 2008
    Would you mind posting it here again or PM'ing it to me because I can't find it. Thanks a lot.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back